1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Best Breakthrough Back Issues???

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by jhunter13, Mar 18, 2013.

1. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

I am building my references and many people have told me to subscribe to breakthrough magazine and there are hundreds of back issues. What are some of the better ones to get for white tail mounts?

Thanks all

2. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

It depends on what type of info you are interested in such as birds, fish, mammals, skinning, finishing, habitat, etc. Be more specific or every issue ever printed will be someones favorite.

3. I agree with Risk. They all have some very good information in them. Best thing you can do is subscribe to BT for a couple years, then pick a few back issues that strike your interest. I think I have 4 years worth and some of them I've had for 10 years, and still read them.
    Jim

4. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

Every issue for sure has great info.

5. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

I have subscribed. I was looking for which back issues maybe better for white tail shoulder mounts. There are so many. Some favorites and why i guess.

6. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

As many as you can afford, and as many as you can get.

7. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

You can't have too many!

8. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

Help me out someone, but isn't there an area on this site to view back issues and their content? I believe there is, because I ran across before at one time.

9. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

I found it, maybe you have also but go to publications and click through to the breakthrough website.

10. RK

RK New Member

I have some issues from 1997 till about 2007 I would be willing to sell if you are intersted.

11. R. Follis

R. Follis New Member

I would buy all issues a little at a time, If I remember correctly they're like $10 a pop for back issues. I have all of them and find myself going through them all the time and picking up on things I thought I would never use. Lots of great info and If you don't have any as of now it will set you back in the hundreds but well worth it.

12. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

I have duplicate issues from when I bought a taxidermist's inventory, that was going out of business. If you or any one else is interested, drop me an email, and I can give a list of the issues. There is no reason I need duplicates and the price will be right!
    Mark Sobecki aka HAPP

[email protected]

13. GC424

GC424 New Member

go to their website. you can see a list of back issues and go through the table of content. Then choose what ones you want according to the info you are looking for.

14. Rick Carter

Good cutaway deer ear reference Issue 62. Earbutt sculpting Issue 80 for part 1 and Issue 81 for Part 2. Nose texture Issue 85.

15. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Check your home email JHunter, I just sent you the index. Joe

16. R. Follis

R. Follis New Member

Hey, Aren't those all your articles HAHA. I would double check myself but I'm at the MTA right now. All good stuff

17. Rick Carter

That's how I remembered which Issues. LOL

18. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Not hundreds, would need to be over 200 issues to be plural.

19. R. Follis

R. Follis New Member

What is the last issue #?

20. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Number 108, Winter 2012.

Attached Files: