1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Comp pic?

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by millardtaxi, Mar 23, 2013.

1. millardtaxi

millardtaxi JOHN 3:3

Anything wrong with sharing a photo of a comp piece before the show? Just finished a fish I'd like to share but the show isn't till April.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Its a personal choice. I don't like to do it for I wouldn't like for any judges to see my work and put a name to it per say. The thing is some of us have ways of doing mounts the we as a judge do know who did it but for the most part we don't care. They are judging whats there.

3. millardtaxi

millardtaxi JOHN 3:3

I think I'm with you Frank, I'm gonna just wait till after the show to share it, I'm just excited I haven't been able to compete in a few years and this year I set aside sometime to myself to work on this piece and I'm pretty happy with it. Maybe I can grab one of those honorable mention ribbons and have a good time ;) ;)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. Paul C

Paul C New Member

X2. While most of the "good" judges would not allow themselves to be influenced by seeing a piece before a show we are HUMAN. And what is seen cannot be unseen. As a competitor I would not want a judge to form an opinion of my piece from a picture. Its designed as 3D art and should be viewed that way---not as a 2 dimensional picture on a computer monitor.
    Good luck at the show and post pics after the awards are placed on it! ;D