1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #10 2013

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by jeremy, Mar 24, 2013.

1. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Hi all, I was asked to host BOTW for the next 2 weeks but I'm posting now to get a jump a day early because I will be unavailable to post it tommorrow due to being gone.

My name is Jeremy and I live here in beautiful North Eastern Oregon state right at the base of the Blue Mountains. I'm 42 y/o and have a awesome family with a beautiful wife that I have been married to for 22 years and 3 great girls all ranging from 9 to 16 y/o.

I have worked as a FF/Paramedic for the City of Pendleton for over 15 years and have been involved in the Fire/EMS industry for over 22 years, i worked for several years in Portland Oregon as a Medic prior to getting hired here in Pendleton.

I have done bird and reptile taxidermy for over 12 years... with the first years as just a hobbyist.... but over several years it has developed into a very busy part time profession. Half of my work is wholesale for other taxidermist around the nation and the rest is retail.

So enough about me, lets see some birds folks.... ill start with a whole group of turkeys and some recent and older pictures and yes i better throw a snake in there....LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Great looking bird work!

3. jevic035

jevic035 Member

very nice jeremy ...

4. Adam Edwards

Adam Edwards Member

Utah
    Very very nice jeremy, love the turkeys

5. CrittrGittr

CrittrGittr New Member

Beautiful work Jeremy. I enjoy my Pendleton on the rocks ha ha. I have some family near there. Hopefully I'll be up that way for an archery elk and deer hunt this August. Who's heads do you use on your turkeys?

6. Jason R

Jason R Ph# 325-282-2527

That's a lot of turkeys!!!

7. Boxie

Boxie New Member

[​IMG]

8. RedTx

RedTx Member

Very nice Jeremy, those are some clean birds. Here are a few I got finished last week, nothing much but I feel im getting a little better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jeremy

Howdy folks.....finally getting a minute to post..... Thanks all for the nice words....

Boxie....love those redheads ( Ducks that is)... one of my favorites.... well done, I like how you displayed it

RedTx..... nicely done.... that Sprig looks as if he may jump off the wood.

Okay folks lets get posting, put up so old pictures if you dont have something new yet....

Here are some more mixed old and new

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

My bpr. Almost there. First attempt at welded copper reeds and copper cattails.
    [​IMG]

Not going to finish it until we move in may.

11. Sea Duck

Sea Duck New Member

[​IMG]

12. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Looking Good.... I will be interested in seeing how the Blues finishes out [SIZE=medium]brazosboyt. [/SIZE][/size][SIZE=medium] I have an eagle head in the freezer calling my name..... [/SIZE]

13. Redheads on Kelly Burt's reeds

Attached Files:

14. Samson

Samson New Member

hawfinch finished ;D
    he lost about 50-70 feathers :(

Greetings, Karin

Attached Files:

15. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

hey, what a great start of BOTW#10
    Jeremy, thanks for hosting and sharing such great mounts of all categories with us
    Boxie, nice swimming redhead and
    Sea Duck, your king is great, one of my favourite ducks
    RedTx, great mounts full of action and
    brazosboyt your blue ross is great
    Karin, I know, that hawfinches are not easy to do and when they loose such a lot of feathers, I believe that it is much more difficult to get them smooth and clean
    Cherie, those redheads are absolutely stunning, would like to get this reeds in Germany,

Rainer

16. jeremy

This is a great start folks..... lets keep them coming

brazosboyt...wow very dynamic/ambitious mount looks cool...good job

Karin.... ive only done House Sparrows and Starlings... those itty bitty birds are tough...cant imagine doing them with feather loss...well done!!

Sea Duck.... incredible mount....I have never got to do one yet.

Cheri.... AWESOME Redheads ...LOVE IT!!! Ive used Kellys reeds several times. Here is a Swan on his reeds...I asked him to beef them up for me on this project.
    [​IMG]

Great job, folks lets see more. Post someting old if you dont have something new

17. Nice Swan Jeremy...

Couple of cock birds...

Attached Files:

18. igor

igor Member

Nice birds guys and girls :)
    Jeremy , Nice job on that swan . I have a few babies for it :))). I have mounted them a few months ago

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Attached Files:

19. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

Great birds everyone! That swan is cool!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Joshbritt

Joshbritt New Member

Nice job Ryan!