1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Whitetail deer inner ear

Discussion in 'Molding and Casting' started by cctaxidermy05201, Mar 25, 2013.

1. i need to make the inner ear what would be the fastest way? I was thinking 50/50 resin bondo and pouring that into a ear liner with the detail in it. Another words the bondo/resin will give me something to push the expoy into my ear... Any thoughts??

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. Richbo

Richbo 2nd place is the first loser!

I use the real inner ear. Just peel off the cartilage and dremel a hole in the ear liner. I also hollow out the manikin behind the earliner. Put some clay in the hole and some hide paste. I tool the inner ear in place and keep a good watch on it. Turns out real nice - can't beat the real thing.

3. I accentandley cut the inner ear off during the fleshing stage. And I ordered earlinners with no inner detail by accendent as well. I ended up just ordering another set of earlinners with the detail in, and scuplt epoxy the detail in the ears on the deer, using the others for reference. Thanks.. justin

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. Richbo

Richbo 2nd place is the first loser!

Oh I see. They also sell snap in inner ear detail for some of the liners. That may help in the future as well. Good luck!

5. Jonesen

Jonesen Refuse to follow

IL
    Yeah check out the ots website. They have a good selection of ear products. Snap in inner ears an nice ear liners.

6. to answer your question yes you can pour a bondo and resin mix into the ear for the inner ear detail. i froze two ears and poured a part out of them for future use. i just used two ears that went on a hide from a euro mount that was getting pitched anyhow.