1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Interesting Request

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Recdec1, Mar 27, 2013.

1. So I have only been in the business for a little over a year and have limited my work, to any paying customers, to Whitetails and Birds as that is what I went to school for. Tonight was the first time I was happy to tell a perspective client that I only mount Deer and Birds for customers.

The guy on the other end of the phone said that he just become part of a new religion that had a strong belief in reincarnation. He asked if after his passing (supposed terminal) if I would be willing to preserve his skin and even go as far as to do a lifesize mount. I tried to briefly explain the legal end of things while waiting for him to laugh or say got ya, he never did. After a bit of persistence, he asked me if there was anyone else in the area that would be more willing to help me. LOL, I gave him the name of a local mentor.

Hope he gets the same chuckle out of the call that I did. Sure this was the wrong place to post this, but I had to share with someone!

2. striker12

striker12 Member

I had a lady call me to see if i could remove and tan and frame a tattoo from her husbands back After he passed from cancer. She was told it had to be done by a taxidermist.

3. Badgerland

Badgerland Quality taxidermy & quality deer capes.

was he pulling your chain, or are you pulling ours?

4. Megan :)

Megan :) Well-Known Member

Oh wow! That's crazy! I hope I never get a call like that because I won't be able to stop laughing...

5. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Member

In today's world, I figured it would have happened or will happen more and more. Just not moral.

6. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Tell him to donate his body to science for a cadaver. They will preserve the crap out of him and last a long time. haha GF showed me pics the other day of the 2 cadavers they have in class. 25+ years preserved, Yuck!!

7. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Badgerland, I'd feel the same way you do if not for the fruity ass requests I get yearly!

8. Badger, I swear I am not pulling your chain. The guy on the other end seemed very sinsere. I did my very best not to ask "who put you up to this"?

Up until now, my most funny/entertaining was a call I got over this past summer to purchase Kangaroo hides. While this may not be odd for many of you pros, I live in Upstate New York and have only been in taxidermy for a couple years now. LOL again I was respectful, hung up the phone, and then told the wife. She seems to get a kick out of some of phone calls I take.

9. wjwhited

wjwhited New Member

A request like that will make you not even bat an eye when someone calls and wants you to mount their poodle Fe Fe.

10. had a girl call me a few weeks ago, wanted me to bronze her pugs testicles and put them on a chain. i laughed and told her to bring them to the shop. she never showed.

11. DARKLIGHTJAK

DARKLIGHTJAK To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;

I actually got asked that alot with asking if i could pose them in a chair with a shot gun or something, kidding around I said sure why not; Since I am going to my major school to become a mortician. Along the same lines somewhere I suppose haha.

12. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

I have not read the law, but I've been informed that it is illegal to mount part or all of the human body.

13. hey joey , if it were illegal how would the human race propagate? ;)

14. DARKLIGHTJAK

DARKLIGHTJAK To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;

oh its super illegal, there is all sorts of law banning the sell of human body parts from tissue, organs and bone ( unless for medical reason and has already been givin the approval, and it has been made ok to like sell from the bone places)
    It takes quite a bit of work to ensure people arn't just digging up graves, the black market and all the things to ensure people aint just killing people for the high dollar sells off another human being.

I dont remember where I read it but there was some man back i believe in the 1800s or early 19 where a guy asked to be taxidermied once he died and they just couldn't get his facial muscles right so they made it from wax.