1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Shapening the Dakota V blade

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by fowlwheelin, Mar 28, 2013.

1. fowlwheelin

fowlwheelin New Member

Does anyone have a tip on sharpening the fleshing wheel on a Dakota V? Or know where to find a tutorial on this topic... Cant seem to find much about this

2. i it a new machine ? it should came with a video try looking in archives or tutorials there something out there in one of those

3. You are not sharpening the blade. You are tunning it. Big difference. You should have gotting 2 little sticks with your machine those are your tunning steels. very gentley take the 1 that's flat on the end and lay parreral over the top part of your blade and the 1 that has a point goes under the lip of the blade. You don't want your steels touching and you pushing way to hard if you see sparks.Spray a little oil on the blade before doing this. again you are tunning your blade not sharpening it. And do it gentley.
    Im sure others will fill in some of the rest but that's the basics of it. It takes practice.
    posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

Hudson has a great 8 part Youtube video on this exact subject...