1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Waterfowl for taxidermy

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Cowtown guy, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Hi folks. I had noticed that someone was selling birds for taxidermy. I am wondering if anyone knows of a similar contact in Canada. Maybe someone willing to ship to Canada?

Most of the ducks we get during hunting season are not yet fully feathered. I think it would be great to get my hands on a nice fully feathered Widgeon or Pintail. We do get Mallards that stick around long enough but the others aren't quite as tough and leave before the end of October.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

2. Thanks. I guess I'll just have to head south in a few years then ;D Always nice to have a new adventure anyway.

3. taxijim

taxijim New Member

I live fairly close to the US-Canada border & was wondering if I drove down to a US game farm would I be able to bring back penraised waterfowl with proper documentation for taxidermy purposes into Canada? Would anyone know anything about this......it has angered me for years that you can never get a mountable teal ,pintail,spoonbill,etc in our short seasons.......even ducks like mallards & woodies are very difficult to get prime mounters (but I have lucked out a few times !)

4. I don't even see Wood Ducks here. They are few and far between in my area. Interested in this as well.

5. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

Ask your conservation department, or ask the border agent.I would think they would know, and have whatever paper work necessary.

6. luciengwin4

luciengwin4 Member

SE MS
    I read the above post about someone from Canada coming to the US and shooting the birds then taking them back home and gifting them but, is it legal for someone in the US to directly gift to someone in Canada?