1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My assessment of the NTA, where it came from, where it's headed to, and why.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by ELMER GANTRY, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Haynes

Haynes New Member

Mp
    If you could market your mouth, you would be a billionaire in days.
    Bug off. No one asked for your "opinion"

2. ELMER GANTRY

ELMER GANTRY **THE DISTANCE OF GOOSE**

I have yours :)

Lil Buddy Elmer

3. Haynes

Haynes New Member

Past my bedtime.....Bye

4. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Well y'all did until I opened my mouth about the 'Kissing Bandit'.

Sorry if I'm so right Mr. Bill, just happened that way :)

5. ELMER GANTRY

Whoa Whoa Whoa .... Mister Haynes, you promised to tell me who I am via your magical maxi-pad ;D

Now I will have to go to bed not knowing who I am :'( :'( :'(

Sleepless in Land of Nod,

Your friend Elmer :'(

6. Maya

Maya New Member

So now Bill Haynes, you're publicly advocating the violation of NTA bylaws:

Article XVI - CONTRACTS AND LEGAL INSTRUMENTS

Section 1.) Authority to Execute

(a.) Board of Directors Authorize. No person shall have any authority to expend NTA funds, nor to legally bind the NTA by any contracts, note, or any other legal instrument, unless authorized to do so under these Bylaws, or by a specific authorization of the Board of Directors.

(b.) Persons Authorized. The Board of Directors may authorize any member of the Board of Directors, or any Special Officer, or any Special Agent of the NTA, to execute and deliver any binding contracts, note, or other legal instruments in the name of the NTA; and the Board of Directors may otherwise delegate such other representational authority deemed necessary, wether such delegation is general or limited to certain specific instances.

7. ELMER GANTRY

Mister Bill,

How come Ms. Cindy's Billy and Pastor/Sister Kitten allegedly get free rooms at the the NTA annuals? :eek:

Answer please, :-[

EG

8. NTR

NTR New Member

W.V.
    Hmmm... Lets see, if I were president of the NTA I would manage it just like any other business. I would depend on my board members to complete certain tasks for running that business. I would delegate the work to all board members so we could all work as a team to run that business successfully. No need for an ED but if that is what everyone wants then fine, the tier is different but the principle should be the same. All have a job to do, just like the human body. The head, the neck, the torso, the arms, the fingers, etc., all one working body. Try sending your feet in two different directions and see if you don't fall. Lose the ego and assemble a board with the heart and passion for the taxidermy industry and the desire to be a team that can build up the NTA. Or take the easy route, pack it in and let it fold.

9. Maya

Maya New Member

Sure it is, and tens upon thousands of membership dollars are obviously used to pay for miscellaneous expenses without any valid receipts either.

10. shammy

shammy New Member

I personally don't see why you need a ED, All he does is the work that the President, VP, and the Board of Directors should be doing. That's what is wrong here. No one wants to do there job anymore. They want someone else to do the work for them. The same problem exist in our public school systems here. In the school system they get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars. to do the work while the officers do nothing. Then they wonder why the school districts have no money. Where do you think all the money is going. Its not that hard to figure out. That is why you were elected as President, and VP, and on the Board. To make the decisions for the betterment of the organization. If you don't want it or cant handle it then withdrawn from the nomination, plain and simple. Haynes you are way over your head sir. You are a ED puppet. The ED and his wife are raking in the Big Bucks, while you do nothing, Heck you cant even answer MPs, Elmer's, Antlermans, questions. We need someone in your position that has some Integrity.

11. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Seriously, look at the size of the convention and then HONESTLY look outside of that what they have done to
    PROMOTE Taxidermy....... and they get PAID for that! LMAO!!

I had one of the retiring officers tell me that he (who has along with many of the others in the Pennsylvania Taxidermy Association) brought the show numbers and bank account up to such great numbers that he'd do the job of Ed for $500 a month. Now here's the kicker, he's in his 40's and retired on his own investments, he's not on disability so all the contracts could be in his name (not his wife's) and he said....... get this...... he would do it for the $12,000 a year because he does the same job for FREE now and it would be easy money since the NTA is such a smaller show than the PTA show!

Hell, I bet he'd even be interested in taking it out of Louisiana and Arkansas in the next 5 years!

12. ELMER GANTRY

nationaltaxidermists.com

Site Value Estimate for nationaltaxidermists.com

The following domain name appraisal is an estimate on the domain worth of nationaltaxidermists.com. This is only an estimate, and actual site worth on the open domain or website marketplace may vary significantly. While each appraisal represents a snapshot of the domain value on a given day, it is only that, a snapshot, so be sure to check back frequently to see if your sites value goes up or down over time.

Your Estimated Site Worth Is:

$46.00

;D ;D ;D ;D I had it WAY to high Mr. Bill, :eek: how about I give you say, a Susan B. Anthony, a 3 Dollar Clinton Bill, and a slightly used 2007 NTA annual membership card ;D

13. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

Mr Bill, I hope in your minutes that it was discussed and approved by 2/3's that the Crains were allowed to "invade" the restricted funds owned by the membership of the NTA!! If those decisions and approval are not reflected in the minutes then the Crains will be in trouble in due time. If the Board in fact did approve the invasion then THEY are in trouble!!! I also wonder what the penalty is for disclosing false information such as you balance sheets to the membership as financial reports when you know good and well they are incorrect or falsified because the money in NOT THERE!!!???

14. Haynes

Haynes New Member

Now you guys have done it!!
    Somebody jumped the gun!!!! Had a knock at the door, opened it, and there
    stood a Deputy Marshall..Handed me a stack of papers, and told me to be
    in Court in 2 weeks to answer charges relating to some "NTA" stuff. I was
    to read all about it in the papers he served. Somebody is going to pay
    bigtime!!!!!!!

15. ELMER GANTRY

APRIL FOOL ;)

16. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Hey Mr. Bill..........sorry I missed you yesterday. I hope you had a Happy Easter. But now that that is over, it's back to business as usual. One thing you may want to consider in the future is posting correct information. You are doing a horrible job of defending the NTA and it's improprieties. You may want to call someone for the proper answers. You can see if that works for you better than it has worked for us. We've had to find the answers ourselves since the truth is not something we could get out of HQ, or you. Now you will answer the questions and answer them truthfully. ;)

17. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

I really hate to hear that Bill. Don't point fingers cause it wasn't me or Fred, yet!! Looks like you have made some new friends Bill, or it could have just been the paperboy delivering your newspaper and your conscious led you to believe that you were being served!!!! :eek:

18. Haynes

Haynes New Member

Elmer, You caught me!! Problem is ,when one deals with idiots, they start to think like one.
    See ya .

19. ELMER GANTRY

Then I am going to have to law ya Mr. Bill, ever since you and me became friends, Mrs. Gantry's been calling me an Idiot a lot :mad:, guess I must of caught it from you, ya heah?? ;) ;D ;D

Now get back to answering some of those questions you're way behind on :mad:

Your lill fool,

Elmer

20. Haynes

Haynes New Member

Harry, question....What is the lifetime fund restricted to?
    Does it just sit there, gathering dust?
    Please enlighten me, as I really don;t know