1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My assessment of the NTA, where it came from, where it's headed to, and why.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by ELMER GANTRY, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Haynes

Haynes New Member

EG
    Bill and Ms Kitty work their a$$es off at the annuals. You don't thiink their room should be paid for???

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

NO!

3. ELMER GANTRY

ELMER GANTRY **THE DISTANCE OF GOOSE**

Hell NO!! They should pay for their own rooms, just like all the other "membership" does. ;) This is not supposed to be an Association of perks and nepotism :eek: It's a business league, try running it like one ;)

EG

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

NO

Mr. Bill.......You best be studying up on the laws imposed upon the NTA by the IRS concerning Inurement.

5. gab

gab Active Member

if a taxidermist is good enough and competent enough to run a national organization,he is probably way too busy running his own business to take on that much responsibility,especially for free.If he's retired,you'll go back to "old school"and not appeal to a younger demographic.
    A successful national organization needs a paid competent buisiness man running it,with a staff commensurate to the size of the organization.
    Their ability to make money ,control expenses and make informed decisions should easily produce the funds to compensate them.
    if ya'll get your way and try to run this thing on the good ol boy system,ya'll will make the current leadership look like geniuses.
    You better start looking for a growing viable organization to model the NTA after right now and have a plan in place
    plus if someone signs up to volunteer and to take on a particular task(not just wander around with a volunteer button on their shirt)they deserve accommodations .

6. antlerman

plus if someone signs up to volunteer and to take on a particular task(not just wander around with a volunteer button on their shirt)they deserve accommodations .

They may deserve it, but the LAW prohibits it.

7. ELMER GANTRY

Well that explains it why you have EIGHT Board Members terms expiring in 2013 :eek: its because "ME" aka Mister Bill Haynes &^%$#@ it up ;) Now quite stirring up the fine folks on Taxinet and get your butt in gear fixing "ME's" mistake. Mister Bill ;D ;D ;D

http://www.nationaltaxidermists.info/pdfs/bod.pdf

OK, Mr. Bill I helped you on the NTA's website, do I get a free room and T shirt ;D

Best regards,

Elmer

8. Haynes

Haynes New Member

There you go again, CM. Is this one of the "laws" you learned in "college???

9. ELMER GANTRY

Careful Mister Bill I think he might be an undercover IRS enforcement agent, they's the worst kind, ya heah?? ;) I'll be glad to run you thru the prestigious Gantry Skewl of Law! ;) and you can defend yourself pro se` the GANTRY way 8)

We can arrange an inurement schedule of payments ;D ;D ;D

Yours,
    Elmer

10. ELMER GANTRY

OK Mister Bill, What do you do in the meetings, for somebody who is about as old as dirt you should be telling us. So listen up sailor, all ears on deck ;D ;D ;D

The life fund IS supposed to be all the life membership dues and it IS supposed to be in a restricted, interest bearing account. It was intended for the INTEREST to pay for life member benefits and inflation. The principle was never supposed to be touched.

Well Mr. Bill you DID touch it, and it's obvious you don't have the MIDAS touch ;D ;D ;D

Well I guess you guys have shot that idea all to hell, you've flittered away the monies of the very backbone of the Association. :-[ Shame on YOU and your cohorts ;) that would cripple the NTA financially ;)

I guess you get an F- from the Gantry Skewl of e-CON-omics ;D

Your financial friend,

Elmer

11. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I think I'm seeing a trend, here.
    Poor Mr. Bill .... (Oh NOOOOooooooo!!!)

It sounds like you have a rapidly developing case of AAADD.

http://youtu.be/navopFQ8tHI

12. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

Thanks for that explanation Elmer!!! Mr Bill has only been on the Board umpteen years and the President yet he doesn't know what the Life Fund is all about. That doesn't surprise me at all. BTW Bill, when the fund is RESTRICTED it means you don't touch it. Just like your 401k. It goes into the fund and the interest made off of the principle is either used as dividends or is reinvested thus the fund GROWS!! Now, Elmer, help me do a little math. What was the amount in the fund say 3 years ago and what is in the fund NOW??? You can answer if you want to Mr Bill.

13. ELMER GANTRY

Harry better get it from Elmer if you want the truth ;D ;D ;D

Life Fund

Winter meeting 2010...$55,213.00

Summer 2010.............$58,502.00

Winter 2011...............$58,410.93

Summer 2011.............$58,413.29

Winter 2012...........$33,321.60

2010 CPA NTA Balance sheet..........Life 51,570.34

2011 CPA NTA Balance sheet..........Life 51,570.34

14. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

All to pay a lying ass Executive Director that they just have to have because as Bill Haynes claims, they're all too stupid and lazy to pick a hotel and show up 2 days ahead of time to set up the convention. Man, this Crain guy must even think for them as much as they task him to do....... wait a minute, he does :(

15. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Hey Crain! We all know you are reading every word that is written about this. Why don't you ever chime in and tell us what is going on? You don't even come on here to defend yourself. Actually we all know the answer to this:

YOU ARE CHICKEN!

You are not even smart enough to be a Keyboard Coward!
    So you have your follower who you have brainwashed and really does not have a clue what he (Mr. Haynes) is talking about speak for you.

16. antlerman

Well no sir Mr. Bill. I leart dat at the Ganrty Skewl in IRS class. You see as one of them there 501c6 outfits like you belong to, it says NO MEMBER MAY INURE ANY MORE THAN ANY UDDER MEMBER. I's think dat means room and board also.

17. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

LMAO!!!!!! that was great!!!!

18. Haynes

Haynes New Member

Hey, CM Don't know what Inure means, and don't have a dictionary. Please explain. You kinda screw me up with all your legal terms.

19. antlerman

Ask Pat Patrick, your attorney. Also, remember...........the name is Mr. Thacker. You will remember it well by the time we are done.

20. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/inure

Just google