1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tall and wide

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Zimmie, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Zimmie

Zimmie Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The tall one is a young man's first deer. I know the photos aren't the best for a critique but feel free to do so.

2. Hello, I see a few things, keep in mind i'm no master, but there is a few obvious things I see so I will share them with you and hope that you see them after words. Starting with the straight, It's sort hard to tell from the angle of picture, but your ear butts look low, your hair pattern in your brisket is off, meaning it's not centered. Looks like you have white paint in the nostrils. There's a hair pattern in the forehead, doesnt look like you groomed that out. Eye shapes are different, and your eye lashes should be running more down hill then straight out. Your wall pedistal, your white patch is slitley off, meaning not centered you have1 ear butt higher then the other. Your hair pattern on the muzzle is slitley running off center, again looks like white paint in the nostrils. Just curious, what method are you using for your ears, bondo, ear linner,? They look wavey, try carding them. And same with eye lashes. Try tucking the upper lid just a touch more to angle them down just slitley. Keep in mind I'm just telling you what I see and i'm no master. Hope this helps. I like the mounts they look solid. Nice job.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. tem

tem Well-Known Member

you need to get pictures of the side of the deer also. close ups would be great. from what i can see. the ears look like there on the back or the deers head. the straight pose antlers looks like they might be straight up in stead of tilted back. and its ears need to be tilted down a little towards the ground. so water doesn't run in to them. the eyes on both deer are off. I'm going on what i can see.

4. Zimmie

Zimmie Member

Thank you for the critique. I use the people's liners and ear butts. As far as the white paint in the nose, there's is none. One thing I noticed after I posted these is it looked like the flash washed the pics out some highlighting some features. I'm not making excuses, I just didn't use any white paint.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. Zimmie

Zimmie Member

Darn auto correct. Eppley earliners not people's earliners. Lol

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire