1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #11 2013

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by jeremy, Apr 1, 2013.

1. babak

babak Active Member

matt nice pair!
    igor , i love that cast heads on that mounts!!

2. Samson

Samson New Member

wow, nice chickens. :D here is my Hungarian partridge finally finished. ;D
    keep 'em coming, more birds please :-*

Greetings, Karin

Attached Files:

3. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

ntxwaterfowl....that is a exceptional Gaddy.... wow what a trophy bird....well done!!

Matt.... beautiful Sprigs...thanks for sharing

Feather....Love those BWT... that one is in great plumage, much better than the early season ones we see here in OR state

Karin.... Great Hun.....awesome job!

Igor..... love the chicken...they are wonderful....you are one talented bird artist my friend

4. Lady Amherst...

Attached Files:

5. Mr. Owl...

Attached Files:

6. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

Some really great work this week!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Jorlan

Jorlan New Member

Love the Gadwall close-up nxtwaterfowl. That is a prime bird Feather; nice work. Nice work Tim and Ryan.
    Here is my double banded ($50) from the last saturday of season.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. bigworm

bigworm Member

Great work everybody here is what I been working on this week a young ringneck.[​IMG]

9. mimes

mimes New Member

Jorlan, i will have to say that is a very clean mount. Quite the unusual pose......care to share the reference pic?

10. Jorlan

Jorlan New Member

What's a reference pic?
    Kidding. But seriously, I'm not sure a Mallard would ever be in this pose. I believe, while whiffling, the cupped wings, dropped head is not accurate. But I am my favorite customer! Does anyone have a picture of a Mallard like this? Here's a different angle.
    [​IMG]

11. jeremy

Tim.......... my friend you are getting to do some neat birds as of late...... they are looking great. I got to Walla Walla, WA last week as its only about 45 mins away and they have a AWESOME aviary at a park with all sorts of waterfowl and Exotics, Jbird would go nuts there..... they have a things like Impeyans, grey peacock pheasants, Lady Amherst, Red-Goldens, goldens, silver eared pheasants, Reeves, to many to list....but since its spring these male birds were displaying and it was quite a show..... I was bummed I didnt bring the camera. If you guys ever go to Walla walla go check it out.

Jorlan..... that is a neat Mallard, different pose for sure. Looks cool, I could picture him swinging through the alders around the beaver ponds I hunt over here

Jeremy (bigworm) thanks posting up the Blackjack, I used to harvest a lot of those on the Columbia but the past several years they have become sparse....

Ryan great birds.....love em. Are you working with Harry Whitehead? Saw your link under your post. Love Gunners freeze dried heads....if so tell Harry Hi for me.

Good week so far..... come folks lets finish this week strong..... Okay now on to a pair of Euro wigeon for the day.........

Here is one from years back
    [​IMG]

12. winston

winston Member

Jorlan I like that pose very cool , I ll finish up the week with this blue, have a good weekend everyone

Attached Files:

• blue.jpg
      blue.jpg
      File size:
      24.5 KB
      Views:
  13. X2, very cool pose Jorlan and very nicely executed.

14. jeremy

bgundog35....nice eagle head ;)

Okay folks thought we would have a little fun here since I'm getting close to wrapping up BOTW for the second week....still got a couple of days left but thought I would post a photo of my ugly mug....LOL actually one of the things I hate about these forums is you never know who it is your chatting with unless you they post a picture so here is ONE UGLY BIRD.....and they thought the DODO bird was extinct....LOL

Actually for those of you that know me I thought you might get a kick out of this.......

[​IMG]

The story is some of the Pendleton Cops and some of the Pendleton Fire Dept are growing our hair out for the Locks Of Love Foundation. I have a close friend who's 9 y/o has been battling Lukemia and she has been one who has benefited from Locks of Love, pretty big deal when a little girl loses all her hair....so we all thought it would be okay for us to get laughed at so these little ones don't have to...... so if your going through Pendleton and get pulled over don't be surprised if the cop has a pony tail or if you call 911 some long hair jumps out of a Ambulance....LOL

Sorry for the blurry picture no one is home so had to take one in the mirror

Okay enough goofing....MORE BIRDS FOLKS....lets finish strong!

15. Thanks for posting your picture Jeremy! I think everyone should post their picture! ;D

16. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

Thanks for the compliments Jeremy. And yes I work for Harry. Started about 6 months ago. Great week everyone!

17. jeremy

Cool Ryan....Harry is a great guy.

Here are my two completed for the day.....no finished pics

[​IMG]

18. newbie2008

newbie2008 New Member

Hey Jeremy .....how did you that turkey to hold the camera? ;). Sorry, couldn't resist

19. B.S.O'Hare

B.S.O'Hare Member

Nice stuff everyone! Just finished this one up this morning.

Attached Files:

20. divrhntr

divrhntr New Member

just took the tape off this greater scaulp

Attached Files: