1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Best Bear Video ?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by New York Rack Master 8, Apr 1, 2013.

1. New York Rack Master 8

New York Rack Master 8 New Member

I am going to attempt to mount a half size bear and have not done one yet. Can anyone recommend a newer bear video ? A half size bear one would be best but as long as it has a closed mouth (which is what I will be doing) would be fine.

Thanks.

2. New York Rack Master 8

Ok now I know someone has bought a bear mounting video and was happy with it :p I't not like I am asking for your best fishing spot. However if you want to give that up I will listen ;)

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I honestly don't know of a bear video that I'd recommend. Bears are pretty straight forward in the technique - especially the closed mouth, but prep is vital. All I can suggest is to read "What I know about bears".

4. slater56

slater56 Member

Check out Ashley Barrett's Black Bear DVD, very good! Get it at Taxidermy Training Unlimited.

5. dlars

dlars Member

just going to say the same thing about taxidermy training unlimited i just did my first full mount and Ashley's DVD was vary good also try ray hatfields skinning for life size bear at the same site both DVDs had tons of info. Duane

6. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I also recommend both videos mentioned above along with their bear rug video. The rug video shows how to do an open mouth, which the other doesn't if I remember.

7. New York Rack Master 8

AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME! Thank you very much , it is appreciated ..