1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Minnesota Show

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by babowhunter, Apr 2, 2013.

1. babowhunter

babowhunter Man,I love this stuff!!

Hey if there is anyone going to the Mn show....would it be possible to take some pics and post them here!I wont be able to go this year but love to see the mounts!Thanks and have fun!

2. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

I might be able to get some for you if no one else beats me to it.

3. babowhunter

Hey that would be great Katie!Have a great time!

4. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

Here you go. I tried to get photos of everything, but think I missed a couple due to critiques going on. I'd really like to see the ribbons, but because of the snowy weather, I'm not sure I can make the drive up there tomorrow. I almost went in the ditch driving home today.

Good luck to everyone there, and I hope your drive home is safe.

I didn't enter anything in competition this year. After seeing the show, I'm really pumped up to try entering next year!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Katie,

Thank you very much for the very, very, nice pictures. Well done for sure. Although I did see all the mounts when the doors opened, it is so nice to take a good look at them again. I know you have spent a lot of time putting them on and it is appreciated.

Gene

9. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Thank you Katie. It looks like there are some dang nice mounts competing. The timing always seems to suck for me, with family and their spring break and turkey season so close. Next year I have to plan ahead to be at the convention.

10. babowhunter

Hey Katie,thanks so much for taking the time to take and post these pics.Its appreciated! I would have loved to have been there....hopefully next year! Looks like some very nice mounts were there!Thanks again!

11. millardtaxi

millardtaxi JOHN 3:3

Looks like Minnesota had a great show this weekend as well. I liked the carp!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

12. fozziebear

fozziebear Active Member

What part of Mn. was this held ?

13. papagoose

papagoose papagoose and goslings

Katie thank you could not make it cuz of a wedding nice job on the pics and thank you

14. Riverland

Riverland New Member

What won? Carp looks pretty nice and the best thing there from the photos.

15. It was held at Grand Rapids, Minnesota. I am guessing it is about an hour or so West of Duluth. Nice little town and it was a real nice facility. Really good show I think

Gene

16. mayermark

mayermark M&M Taxidermy

it usually rotates between Grand Rapids, mn and Rochester, MN. it was a fun weekend. Rick Krane judged the fish and did a seminar on paint. plus it snowed 4 inches shocker for MN (one seminar was canceled because they were stuck in the twin cities). but awesome show. hope to see more of you next year in Rochester.

17. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

What a great show and even better people! This was the very fist time I had the honor and pleasures to meet the great folks form MN and some of the surrounding states! This show had some of the very best work I have seen this year as well as being such as organized friendly event for family and all the people who attend. I understand the show moves from 2 locations to give the members around the state and other states the opportunity to attend this is a wonderful gesture on behalf of the association to its embers! I would highly recommend that folks take a chance and see this show in person and become active in such a association who truly cares about its members! Thanks so much for allowing me to be a part of your show!

My Best

Rick Krane

18. I just got home after a bearing blew on my Suburban and had to get towed to the Bates Motel 3 hours from home in the middle of nowhere! What a pain that was! Other than that little adventure, the show couldn't have been better! Judging with Rick, Pete, and Greg was a blast. They are all truly stand up guys. Very talented too!

Congrats to all who entered, especially Nate Miller for taking Best of Show with his smokin' pintail! A big thanks again to all of the MTG for once again making this Packer fan and my family feel right at home!
    Mikey

19. ShedEgo

ShedEgo New Member

The show was a BLAST! A lot of work goes into it and I have a much greater appreciation for it. Everyone had amazing pieces and the Judges/seminars were fantastic.
    The Minnesota Taxidermy guild now has a Facebook Page! Be sure to like us so you can stay in touch with other members and upcoming events! Pictures have been added too!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Minnesota-Taxidermy-Guild/169249299900267