1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy Competitons this year.....

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by *, Apr 7, 2013.

1. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

It has seemed to me thru show pictures, and from people that I talk to that have gone to shows that it's slow at the shows
    this year.... seems less entries and smaller mounts.
    Is it because of the upcoming World Show?
    I wonder?
    I've kept my ear to the wind and hear that some "regulars" aren't going to be at the World's some will but not competing.
    I'm not going, I have other commitments.
    Just thinking the World Show " MAY" be light this year.

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

It may be 'light' from 8 or 10 'names' not going, but I think it will be 'heavier' as far mounts go with quite a few Taxidermists who have never made the trek before, loading up and heading out for the first time.

As far as the States go, they are notoriously slower during World Show years...... and with the Crains horrendous mismanagement of the NTA, who wants a tarnished championship........ I think this may be the best one, hell, the hotels been sold out!

3. I certainly plan on being at the WTC, dont know if I will compete with anything. Way to much going on!! My weekends during May are full. So with everything else I just will have to compete with something old thats not been to the WTC before if I take anything. I had hoped to go to Mississippi show but that aint happening, will be in Baton Rouge at the NTA but not competing.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

I missed the last World show. I ain't missing this one though. I may or may not compete. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

5. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

I've never been to the world show, but I can't imagine it ever being Light. Michael is right, the host hotel has been sold out for months.

6. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

It is doubtful that we will make it to the world this time. I have not cancelled my hotel reservation yet, but did not pre-register. Every week there seems to be some crisis with my elderly in-laws.

7. Frog

Frog New Member

Looking forward to attending my first world this year. Already decieded after mounting my piece its time to retire from competing. LOL

8. Matt

Matt Active Member

I haven't been able to make it since 2005, and it's long overdue!(LOL) Hands down, the absolute best show to attend. Unfortunately, I won't be making this one either, too much on my plate right now.

9. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Matt... you #%^^!, get your butt down here and enjoy our graceful company!! LOL

10. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Thanks to our ole buddy "Psycho" Dan Hudzik, I'll be in Springfield IL for the World Show! I had made No plans to attend until my hour long phone conversation with my side kick a few weeks ago! I've already pre registered and all! I may not compete, but I did buy one entry in case I do. I will be there for the fun and to enjoy the atmosphere of the World Show though!

11. Riverland

Riverland New Member

I'll be there. Not finished with my entry yet but after two SCI banquets and a sheep show in the last six weeks I'm going to get back at him. I think there will be plenty there that has not shown up at various state shows. And you you never know who will come out of the woodwork and bring something unexpected.

12. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Perry,...........

Perry, I am sure you will be bring a tree rat with nuts. :)

The funny thing is.....if Dan is rooming with you ....then he will be talking like you before the week is over!

Almost done with my projects....I am even taking a fish carving (amateur division lol).
    :)

Kerby...

13. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

LOL Kerby! You can bet after being counted off twice for squirrels with "nut" issues, I will either have a position where "nuts" aren't visible or they will mimic walnuts dangling from a tree limb! ;D

14. Riverland

Riverland New Member

Maybe try one without "nuts"

15. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

I have............still got counted off for it not having any!

16. We'll will be there, looking forward to meeting those of you that we haven't yet, and the wealth of information to be gained ! Dale and Heather Robertson