Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by fishfighter702, Apr 8, 2013.
Has anyone noticed the "Non Toxic" lettering on the Apoxie Sculpt container disappeared a while ago?
I buy my powder free gloves from Harbor Freight. On sale $ 5.99 for 100. Not on sale $7.29
When it is hard!
what is really not understandable is why one fellow can work in , lets say, the autobody industry and is also a smoker/drinker all his life and retire in perfect health and the next guy after 5 years in that same industry falls over dead from the same exposures. I guess its all in the genes.
When i was young a fellow in these parts was selling taxidemy supplies. He would sell laquer paints to guys without any warning on the labels whatsoever. I think we all know the toxic effects of laquer now but how many guys didnt back then. I know i did not.
I happen to know a couple taxidermists no longer with us in these parts and they past away at a way to young of age. It got me thinking if the chemicals had anything to do with it.
What about you guys. Do you know other taxidermists that are ill or not with us at a young age?
Should you only wear gloves when mixing, or at all times? I usually mix it with gloves on and take them off to do my work.
??? I guess I'm slow. I don't get it Jake.
When parts A & B are mixed, and gets hard. The hard form of the stuff is no longer toxic.
All of Aves products are certified non-toxic,(as per the ASTM D 4236 requirement) whether in the soft form or after set up. Many people get "allergic" reactions to any epoxy or apoxie from being sensitized from all of the products they have been in contact with over the years. IE bondo, silicon and the like. Hope this clears up any confusion.
I don't see how Bondo has any more to do with epoxy allergies than ragweed has to do with tomato allergies. Clayman.....let's see.......maybe somebody who manufactures epoxy clays????
Just because you might have an allergy to cat hair, I am pretty sure it would have nothing to do with lactose intolerance, or ither allergies.
Biggest joke is folks who say they are allergic to "seafood." No connection between clams and shrimp.
Almost like saying you are allergic to "land food." A joke.
You get sensitized to epoxy, if you are not born that way, by constantly exposing yourself to it and its fumes.
Wear a mask, wear gloves.....from the get-go.
If a teacher were to use this in an art class and some kids developed hives, asthma, etc.......boy would you see a lawsuit and never see "non-toxic" on the jars again.
Yesterday I was working with All Game and dipping it in a red solo cup filled with water. Today I was working on something else and went to take a drink of water and grabbed the wrong glass...I guess gloves don't help if you drink it.
Almost did that a few times. Did you get sick?
No, I just spit it out and had a bad taste in my mouth for the night. LOL.
What's the problem? Just rinse it out with safety solvent! (Note young taxidermists.....this is a joke.)
That was so funny, I spit out the safety solvent I was rinsing with.