1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Rosy bill pochard

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Tereza, Oct 7, 2006.

1. This is my first rosy bill pochard to mount and i don't have a standing photo reference. Would anyone like to share a reference photo? I already searched the net and didn't find a good one. Thanks for your help.

2. kirkp

kirkp Member

found this one on google

3. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

You can use a photo of ANY kind of pochard in order to select a pose. They all walk, stand and act about the same.
    The mount in Kirk P's is a decent job, but don't use it for reference. (In fact, don't EVER use a mount or even a painting for reference - it's much too easy to re-create another artist's mistakes.)

4. Thanks Nancy and kirkp. I saw that bird mount on Google and because it is my first rosy bill I ignored it. I always choose to look at a real live reference photo. Thank you so much for your suggestion.
    I enjoyed and learned alot from your workshop with Jon at Billings. After going home from the show, I mounted alot of pheasants and quails and they all turned out well and better with your method. I honor you for sharing and your talent.

5. Zladyduck

Zladyduck New Member

Well, Nancy! It's nice to know I can do a "Decent Job" on a Rosybill!

Brian
    Wild About Fowl