1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Can this be saved?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by barend, Apr 10, 2013.

1. barend

barend Member

Hi, all. Just got the strangest request from one of my mates. They just bought a mount which i don't know what it's called, hope somebody here can help with a name. It's a grouse in winter plummage with a hare's head on the bird's body. They had it up on the wall till one of their cats decided to jump 7.5 ft and attack it. Now the insides is coming out where the body got damaged and it also lost a ear.

Would this be savable or is it's destination the bin?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attached Files:

2. barend

barend Member

Attached Files:

3. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah
    Wtf!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

4. barend

barend Member

Lol, brigham boy. It's called a skvader, a swedish mythical creature that supposedly lived in the alps. The skvader was mounted by a taxidermist by the name of rudolph granberg in 1918. I got asked if i could put it back together/repair it for them.

5. buckmasters243

buckmasters243 Active Member

I think it was trash to begin with.
    If you really want to fix it,it looks like a wrapped body so sew it back up and glue the ear back on. Go with other peoples advice.

6. barend

barend Member

Hi, buckmaster243. I'm not going to dissagree with you, that was my same thought. I said to her that i'll need to have a good look at it and then see if it can be fixed, if not it will get filled in the trash.

7. Capercaillie

Capercaillie New Member

Cant see why it cant be repaired, id glue it all rather than trying to sew it, and i reckon its a white dove and not a grouse judging by the feet.

8. boss400

boss400 Member

Let it die in peace

9. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Don't try to sew the bird part of it. If you have the part that came off just "glue" it back in place with some white latex caulk.
    The rabbit ear might need some epoxy. If there's any clay around the base of the loose piece pick it off, replace it with epoxy, and press the whole thing back into place.

Then send it home, close your eyes and try to forget that you ever saw that thing!