1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

OTA Thank You

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Vince Spellane, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Just wanted to take a moment to thank the OTA for another great show. The new venue was awesome and the lighting was outstanding. I seriously think if you used all the space this facility provided you could easily put a world show on here.

The hospitality of the BOD and members always makes you feel like family and shows that they sincerely care about their members and organization. The quality of taxidermy work was outstanding. I always know I'm in for a battle when I compete in OH and this year was no exception....Dave H, Ron B, Brian K, Eric T, and some out of state guys like Doug M, C Cook and others that I can't remembers your names or that I have not placed a name with a mount ...you guys inspire me. Even though I came away a bit short I'm honored to compete with and learn from so many talented people that I can call friends. At one point in the awards banquet I realized I was in the presence of five world champion whitetail taxidermists as well as national champions. Not to mention that every single one of these guys are some of the most humble people that you will meet and go out of their way to help you and answer any question that you may have.

I feel like I was able to take away so much information from this show and am excited to apply it to my future work. I also must say that having one judge that specialized in habitat was a brilliant move. Rod Tennant gave me possibly the best and most in depth habitat critique that I have ever had, and I believe that had a lot to do with the fact that it was his sole purpose and not having a dual role. He was able to pick up on the subtle things that I as well as others put a ton of time into to try and incorporate like flow, "s" curves, repeated patterns, use of colors, and textures. It's nice to know someone notices...thanks Rod.

At the risk of sounding sappy...I have to say that I took so much more away from this show than just taxidermy knowledge. Carey and Casey had outstanding profound speeches and could both be motivational speakers ;), and the things that were said I connected with. It made me think that competitions can be useful and related to each of our lives....Just like none of us are perfect, nothing in that competition room is perfect....the important thing is how we handle failure and/or the ability to recognize that we as well as our work is not perfect and steps we make in our life to become better, weather it be our skill or us as a person......

Thanks again for all your hard work to the BOD and members that made this years show great

2. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

Vince, I could have not said it any better.

3. Blinsky

Blinsky New Member

Well said Vince!! It was great seeing you again..you had one fine looking deer their buddy

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. millardtaxi

millardtaxi JOHN 3:3

Could not agree more.....and a pleasure to meet you and your wife at diner. You had a beautiful deer and hope you do well at the world show.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. huntin_justin

huntin_justin Active Member

X2 everything you said. It was a great show with some great seminars. Im already starting to think about next years piece.

6. v.fleming

v.fleming New Member

Very well said Vince. These guys have their act together, one of the best shows I have attended. Will be on my shows to do list for sure.

7. Vince, you are a perfect example as to why we as a board try our hardest to put on a show of that quality. You appreciate the efforts we make to push our show to the level it is. Your whitetail was awesome and was one of my favorite deer at the show. Your right when you say you know your in a run for your money when you bring a whitetail to Ohio. Guess what there is not a better place to bring one because of the knowledge of so many that are there. Hats off to all of you guys that battle it out in the whitetail division. I can promise you when you win its going to make it that much sweater!

Great Job and I tip my hat to all of our whitetail competitors!

Casey

8. sportsmans dream

sportsmans dream New Member

Ohio
    For my name to be mentioned amongst that group is an honor that I'm not sure I'm worthy of buddy but I kindly thank you. I hope we can get a chance to run in to eachother at an up coming show so we can shoot the breeze for a while. I always looke forward to seeing what you are gonna put together and bring buddy!

9. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Thanks for the kind words Vince and thank you for coming and supporting the show.

I'll tell you what, this was probably one of the TIGHTEST shows I have seen in a LONG time at the top of the WT Deer category. When I was looking over the top ones I was thinking how I am glad I was not choosing.