1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Warranty work

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by skulley, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Okay, without looking down our noses and pointing fingers...................I would like to know how many of you warranty your work. Specifically.......do you degrease and re-whiten for free if a skull comes back in and has changed color? If nobody wants to answer that is perfectly fine. I provide this service , but have only had a few come back.

2. I tell my customers they only pay once. If they ever have a problem with the skull, just bring it back. It is extremely rare for someone to come back with anything. I do tell them that sometimes grease may appear sometime later but I try to get it all out the first time. Only time will tell for sure just how good the job is. So, it really hasn't been an issue for me.

3. Jason O

Jason O Active Member

Wi
    i garrantee everything that goes out my door, i will say i had a pig come back and he asked if i could whiten it, cause it was getting dull. no problem 90 % was black crap(looked like exhaush residue and he said it was on a shelf in his garage. there was some grease color on the back part of the lower jaw,so i degreased it for another month ,dipped er in peroxide and gave it back. i think it makes for good customer relation. I have a lot of repeat customers and i always ask how they holding up and got good feedback so far.
    good post

4. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    On a case by case basis. Grease bleeds I will, I haven't had one come back yet, but I am not going to remove exhaust stains for free.

5. Absolutely! I try to get it thoroughly degreased the first time but if grease does bleed out later, I will take it back and redo it. It is just good business. I only know of a couple that I need to work on some more but neither have been brought back yet.

Now dropping it and doing damage or smoke damage is another matter.

6. WHAT?!?! no one else fixes drops, car exhaust and grease, smoke damage and kids's spaghetti fingers for free???? ;D

7. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

I tell them if any stains show, bring it back and I fix no charge. Spaghetti? No problem. That's what the paraloid is for. Spaghetti, chocolate, bloody nose .. it all washes right off. :)