1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2013 Fishing Thread

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by RichMO, Apr 13, 2013.

1. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Huntman,
    When will the repo be completed....

2. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I just looked at the story and pics of that Mako. Holy Cow that thing is huge.

3. dogisland

dogisland New Member

[​IMG]

4. millardtaxi

millardtaxi JOHN 3:3

More from Wisconsin trip... Me, my wife and daughter. Really good week. Just the break I needed

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Attached Files:

5. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Love Smallie Fishing. My favorite fish to target. You got some nice ones. Looks like the wind & water co-operated too.

dogisland, That is a nice toad you're holding. Good Fish everyone

6. [​IMG]

Caught this 52" muskie on 8lbs test with no leader trolling cranks for walleyes on Saturday. Took an hour to land it.

[​IMG]
    Walleyes from opener.

7. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Thats a beauty and a nice string of walleye too. I wish I had some in my freezer.

8. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    2 of bigger mahi i caught June the 2nd.....Caught 14 mahi while trolling for billfish, also had 2 white marlin releases.
    [​IMG]

9. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Nice jtcjr !

That Yamaha still treating you right ? My son just smoked his Merc today. Blew a baseball size hole in the side from what he said.

10. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    I love the yamaha, although it is in for maintaince right now. Fishing offshore I try to keep it serviced. Theres several fuel filters that are a ber to get to. I'll be back at
    next week though. Hopefully fish are biting.

11. joegentry14

joegentry14 New Member

Fished a lake nearby my home for the first time here in central indiana. Had a big rain a day or so before and the spill way from the lake above me was spilling water down like crazy creating a pretty good current in the corner of the lake. I told my buddy there would be fish in there and three casts into the trip i landed this pig. Ended up catching 20+ bass that day.

Attached Files:

12. warthog

warthog Member of VVA and VFW

Whereabouts in central Indiana are you from? I am from a small place called Wanamaker.

13. joegentry14

joegentry14 New Member

I live in Nineveh IN about 30 mins south of indy

14. joegentry14

joegentry14 New Member

Yesterday I ventured to a local creek in search of smallies with my fly rod. The spot I decided on fishing is about two miles from a bigger river, a winding area abound with boulders and weedy pockets of calm water. Three casts into the trip the white foam popper disappeared as if sucked down in a whirlpool. I raised the rod and the monster on the end of the line, peeling drag and clouding up the creek bottom, shot off 75the yards down stream. After what seemed like an eternity, I finally started bringing the fish back in my direction. As the beast neared the bank it somehow wound up burried in weeds in three feet of water. The fish had seemed to have given up. Without thinking twice and still not knowing what I had hooked I lept from the bank and wrestled through the weeds to find a very respective flathead catfish. As soon as I thought I had a good grip the fish flung itself from my hand back into the water and bolted off with a new found energy. Finally, after about five more minutes I had the fish on the bank. I still couldn't believe what I was looking at but somehow I managed to land thisa 15lb. + flathead on a 7-8wt. fly rod. Maybe a fly fishing world record...

Attached Files:

15. bnoody

bnoody Member

Hi Guys,

I wanted to share a picture of my daughter with a trophy steelhead she caught last Friday with Paul Czarnecki. For those of you who do not know, in addition to being a great taxidermist, Paul is also an exceptional guide. Brought the kids out with Paul to expose them to the trout and salmon I grew up catching. My oldest daughter caught this 14lb 12oz steelie. My youngest was a little hartbroken when she lost a big mature king who headed for Canada, I assured her I would take her again. We just did an afternoon charter and boxed nine trout and salmon. I can't wait until they have the patients for a full day trip. Lisa just about tipped over when I let go of the fish!

[​IMG]

16. dougp

dougp Active Member

Great pic! ;D

17. jtcjr

jtcjr Member

NC
    Few fish from July 27th trip.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. slabbandit

slabbandit Active Member

My Son and I just finished mounting up this 9 lb 1 oz bass that he caught while trolling a Bandit crankbait for crappie in a local 400 acre water supply lake. Getting painted tomorrow or Wed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Nice looking bass

20. Here's a couple of fish. First picture was two of my friends, both were jigging for rockfish when they hooked up with two nice halibut on little ugly stick rods and 20lb mono. I had a third on a lingcod rig, luckily mine came off. 208lbs and 176lbs.
    [​IMG]
    Another good halibut with a client. These old guys can't hold their own damn fish for pictures.
    [​IMG]
    A real nice lingcod.
    [​IMG]
    And even better, no hooks required, the gluttons just bite right on to 7lb black rockfish. Gaffed at the boat.
    [​IMG]