1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bird Of The Week #13 2013

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by babak, Apr 15, 2013.

1. babak

babak Active Member

thank you my friends for companion me in BOTW #12 ,some really great mounts displayed from ya all , but it finished .well ,my second hosting week started now, I hope you liked my first .i am not a dedicated taxidermist or even a part time pro ,just a student and hobbyist .although I've never got any money of this way and it cost me a lot practicing my love art in Iran, I spend large percentage of my short leisure time to learn anatomy, new methods, tips of bird taxidermy and this causes people around me can't understand me and objecting !anyhow, I have no new bird yet, because it's 5 am and i wake up to start this thread and i will right back to bed again!!! Yeah, crazy!!!No way, keep coming great pics of your mounts!!! :D

[​IMG]

2. bulldawg

bulldawg Member

Thanks Babak for hosting. Always a pleasure and inspiration to see everyones work.
    Here is a wigeon outside on a nice sunny day.

[​IMG]

3. ludvik

ludvik beginner taxidermist :-)

here is the closes i had to finnished ;)

Attached Files:

4. falco

falco Trapping is fun

Good job Babak.
    I dont have any new mount ready yet but to keep your thread rolling Im posting some random oldies;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah
    Re: Re: Bird Of The Week #13 2013

Absolutely the coolest bird mount i have ever seen...simply incredible
    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

6. AMCTaxi

AMCTaxi Wholesale Small Mammal Taxidermist

Beautiful stuff, Falco. Love that top photo of the osprey! It looks like a National Geographic shot of a live bird! That hoot owl ain't too shabby either!

7. mcrib1981

mcrib1981 New Member

falco that resting goose is absolutely awesome

8. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Falco, Simply Amazing Work....... I may have to take a trip and sit like a fly in you shop to learn you techniques. Fantastic work.......

9. babak

babak Active Member

nice mount Bulldawg ,thanks for kind words!
    ole,you know how much i like the way you went to mastership and i think you've been successful ,keep good job! that pheasant is really cool!

incredible mounts my friend ,Ben! it's honor for me to be host of this week with great mounts from ya .the movement in the neck of goose is marvelous! really alive osprey!
    the weird thing about this competent Iranian-Canadian taxidermist is that he is very young with amazing workmanship!future will shock!

10. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Incredible Falco...just stunning as always!!! Really like the osprey!!!

11. Rick RR GBirds

Rick RR GBirds Let's go kill some birds...I'm psyched!

Love the Wigeon, Pheasant and Canada! Here's a couple of Scoters for you Babak!
    [​IMG]

12. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Hey Rick...great to see you on here again...AWESOME work!

Ben..... WOW!!!!!!!!!! Just fantastic!

Mike.....great Wigeon

Ole love your Pheasant

Good job Babak....tell those that dont understand your desire and passion and are giving you guff for it .... "to talk a long walk on a short dock"

Here are some early season teal and some others

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. igor

igor Member

Bird Of The Week #13 2013

Wow! Ben, stunning! Ole, love all your birds! Jeremy, you are mounting machine :) nice!.
    Here us my salted stuffed bird :) walnut hollow, thank you for the nice base !

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Attached Files:

14. babak

babak Active Member

Nice scouters Rick,i saw them before in your FB page and i stated how much those are beautiful,outstanding mounts!

Jeremy ,i love your mounts and you know i follow up your works daily !! honestly ,that valley quail is my favorite between your mounts ,u no i am uplander!
    my friend,Jeremy,i am in trouble with ignorant people (plus politics,restricted boarders,law limitation,economy,... ),although i don't care as much as i can!I live happily in a very nice family,parents are amazing and they are partial of my hobby ,i mean taxidermy,and they are supporting mentally and encouraging me,so no need to any body else here ,i will keep my way :) ! these days i am busy with molding & casting bird's head,i made couple of heads by your method and Igor's guidelines.

Igor, you're truly a great master for me,speechless your mounts are # 1,nice roller

15. Here are some Chuckar I did a while back...

Attached Files:

16. Samson

Samson New Member

Very cool looking birds everyone!
    that osprey is the best of it's kind that I've ever seen :eek:
    due to my giant headache a few days ago, i have no new birds, so i post some of my old work for you Babak ;D
    first picture is of my very first try at two mandarin ducks, they needed a new, smaller base later (that's the second photo) and my first and hopefully last swan breast mount ;D
    Greetings, Karin

Attached Files:

17. babak

babak Active Member

Tim ,that chukar scene is very familiar for me,cuz that's the only plentiful bird around where i am living!!! nice mounts !
    Karin,that's very nice seeing your first mounts,that swan is really beautiful.i hope your headache cure as soon as possible,take care more!

18. falco

falco Trapping is fun

Thanks everyone,,, but these pictures have been posted before, I thought it should be repetitive ...
    Babak,, thanks for your comments,, but im not that young as you think ;)
    Jeremy,, Taxidermy is your part time thing,, how do you manage to have so many birds not only done ever time, but also done beautifully.
    Yeah that Chukar cover, brings the old days back babak,, I used to go after them in Damavand.

19. You all are putting up some neat mounts!!

Late yesterday I was using BOTW and Falco's Osprey to confirm what I was watching through binos. I see alot of Red Tailed Hawks from the house but the bird I was glassing was definitely not a match. It was perched above my pond below the house and it dove to the pond, hit the water like a ton of bricks, sat floating for a couple seconds with its wings flat out and then took flight with a bluegill in its clutches. I think it may have honestly been my first sighting of an Osprey, at least that I recall, and it was really cool to see it in action. It then flew up into a giant Bur Oak and munched away on its prize.

Igor - I sent ya an email to see if by chance you can email me a HI RES image of that colorful bird mount. :)

20. babak

babak Active Member

Hi friends from middle east :) ! i don't know why all bird taxidermy topics are very slow this week !! hunting season has finished but your fridges must be full of birds waiting for mounting !! my fridge ran out of birds ,and i have just few doves and domestic birds for mounting !!i have to wait for the next hunting season!! so i can't do any new bird for BOTW,with empty fridge and long days with my new job,but i expect y'all to keep great job ! your works are a great school for me and probably for most of us,great idea,nice poses, ...a real school !!

i want to invite some great taxidermists to take part in this week's bird show here in taxidermy.net ,maybe some busy guys.

here is the best place to say my deep appreciation of some great taxidermists and very great guys who spent hours to teach me bird taxidermy,thank you for spending your priceless time for teaching me,sorry i can't call all of your names here ,honestly i sorted bunch of names for myself to say the names but i saw the list is endless!! ,and sorry again i wasn't good and talented person to show my teachers competency , i sincerely wish the bests for you. keep good job !! :)