1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

redfox

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by CountryLife Taxidermy, Apr 17, 2013.

1. thoughts and ideas i could do to make better ...thanks

Attached Files:

2. I dont think those are fox eyes. Fox dont have round pupils and from your picture it looks like the pupils are round.

3. Most the time u see a fox they will have slit eyes but they r just like a cat the eyes will round out in proper or lack of light

4. Good eye for noticing though !! I will add they r more round then I wanted to use

5. petasucks

petasucks New Member

Teach it to talk lol looks good

6. AJH

AJH Member

Overall it looks great. The ears look huge in the first pic, maybe it's the pic. The other ear looks better in the last pic. Maybe it's the camera view. Camera's always make my butt look bigger too. LOL

7. Ha ha that's funny pics never do any justice . I'm using my phone to take pics so they ain't the best

8. I'd like to see it laying next to log bigger than it on a forest floor.

9. petasucks

petasucks New Member

out of that log have a branch with a bird sitting on it and the fox starring at it. His heads in a good position for it

10. That is exactly what I was thinking.Maybe a sparrow or a cardinal or blue jay to compliment the red fox.

11. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Fox eyes DO NOT "round out" - dilate by the way - like a Cat! And, when Cat eyes DO 'round out', they fill out the ENTIRE EYE and NOT a pin-point in the center. You have the wrong eyes in it. Admit that and move on, don't make excuses like that, that are totally wrong!

12. Light Rail Coyote

Light Rail Coyote Active Member

Agreeing with John here. A red fox's eyes are like a cat but they do NOT have a pinpoint pupil in low light. Here are actual foxes in low light and it's clear to see that their eyes look nothing like yours:

http://onlypositive.net/image.axd?picture=2012%2F5%2Ffox-eyes-snow.jpg
    http://cdn1.arkive.org/media/05/05C7181C-C6DA-4227-BDDD-19812847FA09/Presentation.Large/Close-up-of-a-red-foxs-eye.jpg

Hope this helps!

13. The face seems very off, the nose looks to short and the ears seem way to big. The issue to me looks like to small of a head. The nose it much to flat. Sculpt the nose a bit better (assuming and hoping u have some clay under there). Maybe try and pull the ears up a bit also.
    Heres some nice pictures for u
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Notice how the ears are farther up on the head? The snout is more long and thin with a slighting pointed nose. The nose almost has a fake teddy bear nose look to me in the 3rd picture. And of course u do have the wrong eyes for sure. Hope this helps :)

14. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    In daylight, pupils "Constrict" ... they "Dilate" in low light. "Dilate" = pupils open wide. "Constrict" - pupils close tighter or smaller. Rude? Ha! Get used to it. You came across as a little arrogant, insisting they were correct ... what did you expect?

15. cameron2

cameron2 Active Member

John? Rude?

I prefer . . . . impatient.

16. What I mean is, the earbutts r to far back on the head, u need to bring them up a bit farther. Them being in the wrong place is giving the ears a much larger and off appearance. And I would take as much advise as I could from John, hes got a lot of experience and knows what he's taking about. Dont always assume everyones being rude or hostile, he could have just ignored this thread and offered no advice at all. Hope u know to get a proper sized head and eyes for ur next one. It is a decent fox though, I've seen much worse.
    Here's some nice fox eyes, slightly constricted pupils, nice quality and coloration choices
    http://www.mckenziesp.com/Van-Dykes-Eyes-C3112.aspx

17. WILD BROOKIES

WILD BROOKIES JOIN EBTJV SAVE A RESOURCE

YOU ASKED FOR OPINIONS