1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Clams?

Discussion in 'Molding and Casting' started by luciengwin4, Apr 24, 2013.

1. luciengwin4

luciengwin4 Member

SE MS
    I got these out of an eider throat and I'm not sure what they are but i think they would look really cool on a habitat, can anyone tell me what the best way to cast these would be?

Attached Files:

2. Why cast the shells? The flesh if any can be molded with any tin based silicone. other wise sculpt that back in with apoxie sculpt pink. Yea sometimes you find crops full of food.

3. luciengwin4

luciengwin4 Member

SE MS
    i guess i'm gettin cast and mold mixed up i just want to recreate them and i can see putting sillicone on them but the what would i make the artificial ones out of?

4. John C's point, I believe, is you don't need to cast artificial shells, use those ones . Just clean the meat out and recreate the meat with apoxie scuplt.

5. Don Jahner

Don Jahner Well-Known Member

they look like zebra mussells.

6. luciengwin4

luciengwin4 Member

SE MS
    I was hoping to make more for future habitats that is why I wanted to mold them

7. Buddha14524

Buddha14524 New Member

you can buy mussels at your local bait store or walmart. Just the other day I cleaned a oldsquaw and found 5 little crabs and I put them in the dehydrator in the positions I wanted them in and glued the joints now they just need painted