1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Blow hole buck..

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by dsbragg, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Posted this deer when it came in, bow kill from Illinois that had an injury that had healed over on his muzzle that was a hole he was breathing through. Customer wanted it mounted as it was and I mounted it up yesterday. Huge buck, 6 1/2 year old 8 point that scored 159" and some change with a broken brow tine and had measurements of 8 x 26 x 27 1/2 x 29 1/2...slob. Doubt that I will get another like this to work on as far as the blow hole so I took a few pic's as I worked with him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cut the muzzle and carved out the septum and nasal cavity. All Game and flocking to finish the inside, some airbrush work and back together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ready for test fit..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had to add 1 1/2" to the swell, clay work done, and rebuilt the base and skull. Ready for paste.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mounted up. Have some fine tuning to do but things went well. Neat buck to work with, tough ole slob.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

Awesome! ;)

3. tommy70

tommy70 New Member

You rocked this one right out the house dennis..in my eye's is one of your best ;) very nice work

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Oh humm,, it looks ok,,,,, same ol work from dennis,,,,,, ;-)

5. True work of art there Dennis !

6. Thanks...I know.. I'm boring T.. :)

7. You got the color of the nasal tissues as close to perfect as it gets. I've seen a number of these types of old wounds in horses & the IS what they look like when still alive. Well done Dennis!!!

8. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

9. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

Very realistic Dennis! Nice job

10. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

I was kidding, I think you do top shelf work Dennis, I enjoy looking at your skills.

11. Andrew L.

Andrew L. Member

12. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

the customer will have to love it.....it could not have come out any better...great job

13. josh s.

josh s. Active Member

14. BO-N-ARO

BO-N-ARO Hunt hard but hunt safe!

Fantastic work for sure and a great buck. A bit strange....but to each his own. Nice work!

15. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Wow. Not appealing to me, but awesome work. I doubt it could look more real.

16. country

country New Member

17. shammy

shammy New Member

Fantastic job Dennis, colors are great, and he was a bruiser. Very appealing for a wound.

18. Nice work on that Dennis

19. SWIFFY

SWIFFY Member

I absolutely love it! You did an amazing job of preserving the animal as it was!! Great job!!