1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Brown Trout guitar

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by Mr.T, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

This is my latest guitar build, my 13th so far, custom made for ewenglish1 (Randal Waites). A compilation with Rick Krane, who did the finish in a Brown Trout skin pattern. Rick's signature is on the back side of the guitar. I really love what he came up with, so be sure to let him know if you like it. The rest is my design from start to finish. This is my best to date, I am sure Randy is going to love it.
    I lost the birthday photos of the start of the build by accident, I deleted them along with another file that I cleaned out, so all I have are these.

In the raw.
    [​IMG]
    In the prime.
    [​IMG]

Rick Kranes handy work of brown trout skin design.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

That is really really cool!

3. Allie

Allie Active Member

That is the coolest guitar I have ever seen. Looks like I need to learn to play one and place my order soon.

4. rwenglish1

rwenglish1 'IN GOD WE TRUST'

Here are the rest of your photographs Low T. I got it home and did not crash on the 150 mile trip playing it while driving. It was kind of pretty close like texting while driving which I know is frowned on but most people went by kind of waving me on. I think, I wasn't really paying attention to them I had my hands full,

Yep it is done, one cold January day Paul and I was on our way to the MTA Winter Membership meeting and Paul started telling me he was going to start his 13th guitar, 13 is my lucky number, I got married on Friday the 13th. So I told him I wanted to buy it when he got it built and that I would ask Rick Krane if he would paint it and the rest is History.

I want to thank both for this really nice guitar a one of a kind with a lot of personal sweat put in to it.

Paul you need to do a crop of neck where the tuners are showing it is Michigan made.

Attached Files:

5. rwenglish1

a couple more

Attached Files:

6. rwenglish1

another

Attached Files:

7. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Randy, does your wife know that you are sleeping with that guitar tonight?

8. rwenglish1

I am not sure which one of us she will be sleeping with, she is kinda fond of it too after seeing and hearing it.

9. Nice job Paul - and Rick too!

10. rwenglish1

Re:add lib song made up on the fly

Well Pau, I sat out on the porch no amp then decide to just start pickin a little and making up some words I kind of lost my thoughts and let it fall apart at the end, this is what I got. I will set down and write it out and finish it later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXOrRzGVmZE&feature=youtu.be

11. Nice work Mr. T. I think your signature should be on there to.

12. rwenglish1

Paul for got to take a photograph of that, I took one today that will have to do for now.

Attached Files:

13. Congrats to the maker, painter and owner/singer......All wonderful for sure. Just listened to the song and love it. Let us know when you plug that thing in!!!!!

Gene

14. love it!

15. trky

trky New Member

From a fish head and guitar player------------That is Rockin Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. backcountrychad

backcountrychad Active Member

Paul, you have some serious skills my friend.

17. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Thanks, but I don't think so, I just love making them. Rick slapped the mojo on this one, made it real special.

18. EA

EA Well-Known Member

That is really cool. Talented folks.

19. serious T you can make it work now do a bass base you can make some serious $$$ great idea awsome song on randy all did a awsome job plug it in

20. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

That's sweet! Yall knocked that out of the park.