1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wingbone call

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by TaxiMan12, Apr 26, 2013.

1. TaxiMan12

TaxiMan12 New Member

Has any body on here made wingbone turkey calls? just wondering, I've made a couple but couldn't seem to get them to work. anybody tried them? :)

2. yes, to get a real good sound you need a hen wing, they do sound the best, you tube has LOTS of info on them,

3. REALLY SUCK ON THE CALL LIKE A STRAW,i HAVE MADE 50 OR SO GRAT CALLS.aLSO MAKE A KISSING SOUND WILL HELP.

4. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I send my turkey wings to a guy here in Oregon that uses the feathers for arrow fletches. In return he makes me a wing bone call. I used one to call five huge toms to almost shot gun range las week but they hung up. I didn't have a decoy to bring them a little closer. You really gotta kiss and suck on that thing to make it work, an uncomfortable thing for sure, it takes a lot of practice. Your lips and tongue and cheeks start hurting real quick.

5. boarzhead

boarzhead God created man... Samuel Colt made them equal!

It is easy. Once you learn it its great. Every call sounds different. Great locator cause very loud

6. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

try a goose wing bone thinner more resonance ,wingbone calls sound good especially to birds ''tired'' of diaphragms