1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Business Opportunity

Discussion in 'Taxidermy Employment' started by Major, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Major

Major New Mexico.....Not much different than the old one

This is more of a feeler to see if anyone would be interested in what I am offering. My family would like to relocate for various reasons. We would NOT be opening another shop, and would sign no-compete clause if necessary.

This is an opportunity for someone who would like to move out West and take over a turn-key taxidermy business. We have a very busy and profitable business here in SW New Mexico. Our studio is turning out between 250-350 shoulder and lifesize mounts a year, and around 150 skull mounts on top of that. We have a 3,800 sq ft. shop on about 1/2 acre of fenced property on Main Street. Over the past 8 years, we have developed a very solid clientele with 90% of our business being repeat customers. Our studio is doing a lot of African, Asian, exotic type work as well as the typical North American work load. Our hunting season here in NM is much longer than most states, starting in August and continuing through the end of march. We have Gemsbok, Persian Ibex, Mule Deer, Whitetail deer, Elk, Pronghorn, Bighorn (desert and Rocky), Aoudad, Javelina and a few others as a local staple. NM has some of the best elk hunting in the world.

Las Cruces is a town of 120,000 with a University atmosphere. The economy is strong here as it's located next to many military bases, agriculture, NASA, the University, etc. We are able to charge higher prices than most due to our location ($700 deer, $1,400 elk, $1,000 oryx, etc.) Our very mild climate here attracts many tourists and vacationers over the fall and winter months. We are at 4,200 feet elevation, and in 1 hour drive, you can be calling elk at 8,500 feet.

In summary, I would be willing to spend as little or as much time as needed to train and transition the potential new owner to run the business. I pride myself in a very high quality commercial mount, and would insist that the new owner took good care of my valued clients. I would even be willing to spend up to a year teaching the potential taxidermist if needed. I am not going to list a price on here as I'm still toying around with what it would be. It would be valued on the real estate value, clientele, gross profit, etc.

Business would come with:
    Fully equipped, 3,800 sq ft. studio
    1 year worth of guaranteed work
    All clientele
    Any and all training needed to run a full time studio

You can reach me anytime via email or on the phone. I started this business as a senior in college, and have been tied down with it. I never really got to see any other part of the country. I would like to move around a little and see more of the world! This would be a perfect opportunity for someone with good experience looking to relocate to a very nice climate and take over a busy operation. I plan to raise prices again for 2013 to reduce work load a little. There will be no secrets, we are very honest and fair people to deal with. Please only serious inquiries. Thanks for looking!!

Check out our work at: www.majorwildlifestudio.com
    575-644-5176
    Robert Lee Major