1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Shop floor ?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by jk, Apr 30, 2013.

1. jk

jk Active Member

I am planning to redo my taxi shop this summer. I have a very small shop, (single car garage) and this is my skinning room, salt room, show room etc. I currently have a concrete floor but was thinking about painting with an epoxy paint and adding some flecks to it to dress it up. Anyone out there with any advice about this. Good idea, bad idea, something better. Again I do it all in this shop and I do have floor drain in the middle of it. Any suggestions?

2. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Have it professionally done. They will acid wash it clean and then paint and seal. Will last 20 times longer. I know people who have done it themselves and say that you need to redo it every 2-3 years.

3. I did mine myself just make sure you clean floor very well,
    I'm going on 8 years with no cracks or chips.

4. blueridge

blueridge New Member

I did mine myself 4 years ago. I drag my stands all over it, not a chip in it.

5. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Did mine ; easy to do ;D

6. What type of epoxy paint is everyone using? I'm going to do my garage at one point this summer and was just curious.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. Bought mine at home depot

8. blueridge

blueridge New Member

I got mine at home Depot. It came in a 2 gallon kit.

9. I used the two part epoxy that has to be mixed and let set before rolling on then sprinkle on the flecks. works well cleans up nice. if your concrete is very smooth you will have to acid wash to get a good bond. if concrete is rough just clean well and apply.

10. BO-N-ARO

BO-N-ARO Hunt hard but hunt safe!

I think I stain and use a clear sealer vs the paint. I have paint on mine and it is wearing off. Every one I have sean done with the epoxy paint sooner or later has chipped or flaked. The sealer would be much easier to touch up when needed.