1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Matuska Competators Choice forms (Will be at Worlds also)

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Kyle Lakey, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

I'm suprised I haven't seen more talk or pictures being posted of these forms being used. I got turned onto these forms a few years ago at our state show because most of the top guys in the masters and winning were all on these forms so I figured why not try em out they look really good. Haven't looked back since. They are continually expanding their line of forms and have most all size options in semi-sneak and semi upright as well as upright offset, upright wall ped, and a new release on an offest sneak form that I think will have an expaned line this year some time.

These forms mount up so easy and things fall into place on these forms so the accuracy is amazing. This line was sculpted from not just one deer in a given size or by one sculptor but rather a collaboration of a few sculptorsusing a group of measurements taken on many deer over a long period of time to get averages for different size deer to produce a head and manikin that most any given deer in that size range should fit easily and accurately. These forms have saved me a ton of time in not having to alter the heads to fit my liking, save on time in setting the antlers, save on materials on skull plate set, and just overall time in speed of mounting the head with how easy everything goes together the head. Also the one thing that really stands out to me about these forms is when setting the eyes and ears the sculpting work goes so much quicker and seems easier compaired to other forms. Only thing I can think of for this reason is that they are that accurate in the anatomy that it makes things go together much smoother. If you haven't taken a chance to try these forms out you really need to do yourself and your buisiness a favor and mount a couple on these forms.

Recieved this email from them this week. So if you are at Worlds and aren't familiar with their forms or have given them a try stop by their booth to check out their great products and top of the line forms!

Dear Customer,

Stop by the Matuska booth and see the Matuska Team in action at the 2013 World Taxidermy& Fish Carving Championship May 7-11th in Springfield, IL.

Live presentations, updates on new products and the latest techniques will be demonstrated through out the week. We hope to see you there.

Sincerely,

Tom, Vicki and Mandy
    Matuska Taxidermy Supply Company

Live Hands On Presentations

Come to our booth and see live presentations by award winning taxidermists/sculptors, including:

Brian Olson, Mike Yeska, Pat Wagner, Mark Gonnering, Cory Caruthers, Mike Nakalski, Brett Wingfield, Tim Perkins, Doug Eck and Tom Matuska.

Our Sculptors continually add new products to our business withWildlife Illusions, Competitors' Choice, Fish on Fish Forms as well as the new X Forms and Neumanikins

Don't miss an opportunity to learn from these talented artists.

Updates and Live Demos on New Products
    One of the many new products that will be demonstrated is the Hide Stretcher, by Brian Samuel, that has hit the Taxidermy Industry. Not only does this product save taxidermists' hands but also works as a time saver. Taxidermists who have purchased this stretcher have called back just to tell us how much they like it.

Stop by our booth and see this product that pays for itself...
    Now available in 2 sizes (Exclusively at Matuskas).

Matuska Taxidermy Supply Company
    Attention Taxidermists and Wood Carvers,

Stop at the Matuska booth during the WTC and recieve an automatic 10% OFF along with other FREE merchandise and great deals including a free T-Shirt with a minimum order of $150. (Receive 15% off your next order if you are wearing your t-shirt)

Matuska Taxidermy
    3735 Hwy 71
    Spirit Lake, Iowa 51360
    800-488-3256

Now Visit Our Website Using
    Your Smart Phone www.matuskataxidermy.com

Save 10%

Receive 10% off on all orders that are placed at the WTC. For WTC members you will get an extra week to take advantage of this sale. Orders that are placed before 1PM Central time will be shipped out the same day.

Semi-sneaks...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Semi-uprights...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Those look nice but I have to say that the "top guys in masters" would win using a GOAT form. "WT Guys" are insane. ;D

3. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Doesn't it say alot that they are picking those forms to start with over others?? I know these forms have made be a better WT taxidermist as well as competator. You can turn anything into a winning WT, its just foam. All I'm saying is I see alot of talk about other forms but rarely these and besides the product the service is great. Matuskas are great people and run a great supply company. You get your products just as quick as the big company. Shipped same day you order before a certain time. I get my products the next day If I order in the morning with how close we are. These forms FIT and save you time and make you more money. I've mounted on all of the better known forms and these are hands down the nicest and easiest to put together.