1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ May Day Addition 2013!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, May 1, 2013.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ May Day Addition 2013!!!!!!!

A very warm Welcome from Hinsdale NH and today is May first and we all know what that means…today is May Day! This is the day here in New England that you reevaluate the left over spring cleaning or if you’re a taxidermist you want to see where your at on last years deer heads?
    This past month I had the pleasure to meet the talented and welcoming taxidermist of Minnesota and the Wyoming Taxidermy conventions! Such great work and beautiful country in both places! I hope you will go to your local shows and have some fun and meet new people!
    I often wonder if one day this long running string will ever grow old but I see that each and every month so many gifted and giving fellow fishheads show up and share their work where ever it may be in the progression of ever level of experience and for this I commend you all who participate and for those who just take the time to show up and be inspired thank you!

Again want to commend all of you, as there are so many original contributors and many new ones alike that all share in this great string that has been around from over 5 years! I just want to remind and assure folks that we all begin some where and work hard at being the best we can all be as taxidermists. It is and always has been a spot on the taxidermy.net where folks can and do come to show there work with out criticism and hard comments! So lets remember to always keep it that way. As the moderator of this section I do not get to involved with censorship not do I ever want too. So be respectful of all and remember we all have a long way to go and should be enjoying the processes!

What a truly outstanding Month in Fish pictures this past last month as I took some time during the day week to see all the great looking at some truly inspiring works of fish art!

We share in fish pictures to find a common place with friendliness and positive comments of motivation as a great place to start in upward in direction of inspiration in being a fish taxidermist! I wish all the best to folks competing in the up coming year and I do wish all the very best in the pursuits of good fish work!

I do hope you have the opportunity to be thankful for your gifts of great passion and talent as an artist! It is a blessing to me for our lives to be joined from time to time to share and learn from one another so thank you for your great taxidermy work and my your lives continue to be blessed with inspiration!!!!

I want to personally say thank you for letting me join you again each installment of Fish Pictures to share in your successes and accomplishments! I have seen first hand the great strides so many have made with beautiful fish work! Good for you and congratulations on your hard work!!!!

I want to also thank all of the great contributors who not only share their personal great talents and work but also rather give such positive inspiration to all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every month in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another. No egos just friendly folks who appreciate the efforts of others!

I want to start the month of May with a few fellows who came out for a spell to have some fun working with fish! Alumni of Anglers Artistry Mr. Jim Pellerin of Gorham, Maine, Mr. Tim Scott of Saint Jo, Texas, and last but not least soon to be from Tampa Florida (lucky fishhead)! The three gentleman worked very hard and were a lot of fun to spend time with a to work with reaching fish goals! Well done!

I hope you enjoy this fish work by our friend and fellow fishhead Tim Scott, Jim Pellerin, and Tom Lyons!

So here goes!

I hope you enjoy the Month! See you in June 2013!!

So here we go and here is to a great May and a great Month in fish pictures!!!! Enjoy!

You're Friend

Hope to see you soon in my travels and be good to one another!

My Best!

Rick Krane

Here is Jim Pellerin’s Landlock Salmon! Well done!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Cool Wahoo from Mr. Tom Lyons!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mr. Tim Scott and a great looking Bass!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have a great month!

My Best

Rick Krane
    Anglers Artistry
    312 Chesterfield Road
    Hinsdale, New Hampshire
    603-33-67296
    [email protected]
    www.anglersartistry.com/store

2. Chad See

Chad See Certified "Fish Head"

Awesome work right there!!!

Here are some of my recent works.

Custom 9 inch brook trout replica.

[​IMG]

WV Golden Trout and a Rainbow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pink Salmon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ May Day Addition 2013!!!!!!!

30" Speckled Trout skin mount
    [​IMG]

44" Red Drum, I molded in shop.

[​IMG]

42", 44" and 46" (molded in shop) with a blue crab. This is a wall hanging piece.

[​IMG]

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. dougp

dougp Active Member

Happy May Day Rick....great student work!!

Very nice pieces Chad!

Here's a few basic "fish on a stick" [ as Dan B would say LOL!] commercial skin mounts.

DougP

Attached Files:

5. dougp

dougp Active Member

more...

Attached Files:

6. dougp

dougp Active Member

This is a collage of the mounting of one of the longest muskies I've done as a skin mount. This one was 57" from Ontario. Probably weighed in the mid 40lbs.
    I removed the head in the skinning process. I usually don't do that but I did on this one. Worked out very well.

DougP

Attached Files:

7. dougp

dougp Active Member

Skin mount 44" pike from Minnesota and fat 42" Lake Mich. fish

Attached Files:

8. dougp

dougp Active Member

Here's the Lk Mich fish....

Attached Files:

9. dougp

dougp Active Member

Ooops...forgot the kudos for JP....very nice reds and trout!! The 3 reds are cool !!

DougP

10. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

Superb skin mounts Doug!!! [​IMG]

11. Kevin Halle

Kevin Halle Well-Known Member

Some nice stuff happening here already!!

12. ausfish

ausfish Member

Hi all here is a 10.3 kg snapper replica

Attached Files:

13. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Here's couple of european perches from me... ::)

Attached Files:

14. Here is a skin mount smally, nice northerns Doug!

Attached Files:

15. The Month in Fish Pictures" ~Year 6~ May Day Addition 2013!!!!!!!

Thanks!!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. Cool muskie Doug, looking forward to seeing it painted. Some fun photos to look at so far! I enjoy browsing this every month. Some skin mount crappie from me. There's 5 of them, but I tried taking some differing photos; one's a pedestal (not on its base yet). The colors look faded on photobucket, but they look a bit brighter in person.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

Good looking crappie Outdoorzman! What type of eyes you using?

18. j.mik.

j.mik. Member

Such beautiful detailing Outdoorzman. Humbling, maddening. (and inspiring) Thanks for the close-ups.

19. Wow, thanks for such kind words j.mik and Jon S... I certainly don't feel I necessarily deserve them.

They are some of Lumsden's Still Life Lenses that I painted. The heads are also custom casts, as are the fins.

20. Another great start to a new month in fish pictures! Here are a few Replica's just finished for customers...

Attached Files: