1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Turkey tail Panel for beard,tail and shotgun shell

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by disabled, May 1, 2013.

1. disabled

disabled Active Member

have a customer that shot a jake 4" beard wants his tail beard and shot gun shell all on 1 panel??? anybody know who sell's that panel and then might want it engraved also any thoughts any help would be great thanks john

2. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

John

Not sure if this is exactly what your looking for, but Walnut Hollow has a really nice turkey tail/ beard panel where the customers info can actually be printed right on it. I have a couple in my showroom .

http://www.walnuthollowcountry.com/new-products/personalized-deluxe-turkey-display-kit-in-oak-with-turkey-image-enhancement-40129/

You could incorporate the shotgun shell into it without too much trouble.

3. This is what I did for my nephews turkey fan . The wood plaque you can get at Michael's Store
    [​IMG]

4. Aaron - yeah the shell could easily be incorporated and would be fun to try. You could even turn the shell crimps back in, hot glue the shell below the beard opening that is already in the panel and then insert the beard up into the shell.

Nice job down4dacount !! That is a creative way to use one of our Basswood Country Rounds we supply through the Michaels chain of stores. Cool idea!!

5. ncdeerhunter2002

ncdeerhunter2002 New Member

I use the 3 beard turkey tail mount panel from HS strut. I just got done with a 6 bearded jake, I used the shell and put in the 5 beards down the center drilled ot holes, then hot glued the longest beardin the bottom, I knocked out the primer, and used a pull tie to hold the shell and staple it to the back of the tail panel. For a single beard I cut the shell off and use the last inch of it and glue it back in the casing and put in the beard.