1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

.....and the idiot speaks

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., May 1, 2013.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Really idiot??? Disgraced former members?? My business has grown 300% in 5 years while NTA membership under your command has dropped every year.

Disgraced former member? Really idiot. One of those disgraced members you speak of is one on the respected judges at the World Show this year......you know, that show that makes what you put on look like a peanut gallery.....a show that will have over 5 times the mounts you will have since you ran the NTA into the ground acting like a tyranical idiot.

Really idiot? Mr Janelli is the worst president ever in the history of the NTA. How about that look in the mirror at the worst Executive Director in it's history who has driven the NTA from a respected organization to the laughing stock of the industry.

Why don't you walk into the World Show Mr. Crain with Pat patrick and Bill Haynes by your side, on the other side I will stand with President Janelli and the 'disgraced' Fred Vanderburgh........we will ask a packed room who they trust the most and would rather stand with to lead this industry forward......you will then see who the disgrace is.

Old neck injury huh?? Is that why you just stand around looking at everybody work while setting up the convention.

......and you are asking for somebody to resign? The man who can't even hold a decent membership drive because nobody trusts them?

Report me to the authorities for' blackmail/economic terrorism'......DO IT! You can't bully me boy, you push me-I slam you. Do it....I DARE YOU. It will be a decision you live to regret the rest of your life 'Mr. I kicked him out under false circumstances'......do it crain and I WILL unleash a rath of a lawsuit your eyes have never seen and will destroy you and the NTA. I have not sued because I want to see this organization live.........do it and I will shut it down in 90 days and you will stand there with a stupid look on your face saying to yourself 'but I didn't think he's really do it'. Try me Crain, give me a reason.

Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 15:58:33 -0400
    Subject: NTA Private Email: The True Facts
    To: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
    CC: [email protected]

April 30, 2013

Dear NTA Board of Directors:

We have been and will continue to direct all of our efforts on the multitude of details that are required to successfully organize our national convention. It would be greatly appreciated if Mr. Janelli would also direct his time and energy toward making Baton Rouge one of the biggest, best and most profitable conventions the NTA has ever held. As of this moment, we have not seen or heard of but one example where Mr. Janelli has done anything toward these NTA goals. Instead, we are forced to halt our convention preparations to make certain our Board is receiving truthful and factual information in whole, not in part. His actions in reality are stealing time from our membership.

Mr. Janelli’s latest diatribe to the Board has again confirmed his desperation by his lashing out in every direction at once. Mr. Janelli’s accusations of myself and others not following Board direction would be laughable if not such a sad indictment on himself. Let us review a few straightforward facts:

1. For the third time Mr. Janelli has deliberately presented false information to the Board on the subject of contacting the NTA Attorney. Mr. Janelli has willfully withheld the actual motion made by the Board and instead written what would only benefit his personal distorted ideas. Mr. Janelli states the motion reads: “Archie Phillips made a motion: that the Executive Director has the sole authority to contact the NTA Attorney, after obtaining permission from or direction from the NTA president and a two-thirds vote of the Board, can contact the NTA Attorney. The motion was seconded by Lori Wolk. The motion passed unanimously.”

This is not proper grammar or even a proper sentence. According to the Official Minutes of July 13, 2010 Summer Board Meeting in Springfield, Illinois the actual motion is as follows:

“Archie Phillips made the following motion: that the Executive Director has the sole authority to contact the NTA Attorney, after obtaining permission or direction from the NTA president. In the event that the Executive Director is incapacitated, the president, after a two-thirds vote of the Board, can contact the NTA Attorney. The motion was seconded by Lori Wolk. The motion passed unanimously.”

Mr. President, I am not incapacitated. As such, the remaining portion of the motion is moot.

After Mr. Janelli stated he would never give permission for the Executive Director to contact NTA Attorney Pat Patrick, I advised the Board of his comments. The Board discussed this issue at the Special Session Meeting teleconference, January 24, 2013. Mr. Janelli chose not to attend this meeting as it would have interrupted his NTA funded 5-day vacation in Reno. The official minutes of the meeting state:

“Motion by Archie Phillips: If the NTA president denies the Executive Director permission to contact the NTA Attorney, the NTA Board may choose to override the President at the request of two-thirds (2/3) of the Board of Directors. Motion seconded by: MaryLou Crabtree. The motion passed unanimously.”

Any and all contact I have had with NTA Attorney Pat Patrick has followed these rules. The notation on Mr. Patrick’s invoice “received and reviewed email from B. Haynes; talked with G. Crain” is factual. Mr. Bill Haynes received an email from disgraced former member Michael P. Schlabach on Friday, March 15, 2013, concerning Mr. Schlabach’s membership application and him threatening to charge the NTA with legal bills. With Mr. Bill being ever vigilant and on guard he immediately noticed that NTAHQ was not a recipient of this email but instead an incorrect email address was used that NTAHQ would never receive. After Mr. Bill telephoned and read me the email I asked him to forward the email to NTAHQ as well as NTA Attorney Pat Patrick. I wanted Mr. Patrick to be alerted of the plans that another of Mr. Janelli’s close, personal friends had for costing the NTA money. An immense “thank you” is owed to Mr. Bill for alerting everyone on this devious plan. There will be more on Mr. Schlabach shortly.

2. Mr. Janelli continues to fantasize about his power and authority as president and refuses to acknowledge what our NTA Bylaws spell out in Article VIII-Officers Duties Section 1. President:

(a.) Voting Limitations. The President shall be a voting member of the Board of Directors, only in the

event of tie- vote by the remaining members of the Board of Directors.

(b.) Conduct meetings. The President shall attend and preside at all regular session and special session meetings of the Board of Directors and all official General Membership meetings of the N.T.A.

(c.) Appoint Chairmen. The President shall appoint Chairmen, and other members as needed, of all Standing Committees and all Special Committees.

(d.) Ex-Officio. The President shall be ex-officio, a member of all committees.

This is what the president can do and nothing else unless granted the authority and power by the NTA Board of Directors. You will notice there is nothing granting Mr. Janelli the power to make directives to anyone that does not wish to comply and conform to his wishes. ANY decision that the president makes can be overturned by a vote of the Board.

3. We see Mr. Janelli now brings another of his close, personal friends as parliamentarian to once more attempt to subvert the will of the Board. If Mr. Janelli would simply read the motion he would see that the motion was made by the NTA parliamentarian for many, many years, Mr. Frankie Thompson. The motion states:

“Frankie Thompson made a motion that confidential attorney documents are to be kept at NTA Headquarters and will be brought to Board Meetings, but copies will not be distributed; Archie Phillips seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.”

This shows that Mr. Janelli agreed with the longtime NTA Parliamentarian and voted in favor of this motion. The whole idea behind this motion is that everyone knows these legal opinions which the NTA has paid for will be protected and not “leaked” to anyone. As an NTA employee my allegiance is to the NTA Board and the NTA Membership. I am not looking to do the bidding of any individual officer for whatever gain they may seek. Mr. Janelli has successfully bluffed and intimidated enough people to get where he is today. Unfortunately for him, I will not cower to his attacks and I will continue to follow and uphold the NTA Bylaws and the Board’s directives. Should the legal opinions written by NTA Attorney Pat Patrick be handed out, adversaries of the NTA would have copies in a mere matter of moments. Why would the NTA provide our own ammunition to those who would use it against us? Mr. Janelli requested copies of the legal opinions shortly after taking office as he assumed the NTA Bylaws and policies didn’t pertain to him. His request was courteously refused. He then requested only the examples of the case laws that Mr. Patrick sited in writing the legal opinions. How dense does he really think I am? The case laws are what forms the legal opinion and providing that information to him is the same as providing him the legal opinion. No NTA Officer or Board Member has ever been denied access to the legal opinions at a Board Meeting. The NTA has never had a legal document “leaked” since I became Executive Director in 1991. As long as the NTA keeps this policy in effect, there will by no means be a “leak.”

4. Mr. Janelli goes on a tangent about how vulnerable the Board Member’s are only because they do not have copies of the legal opinions in their hands. Give me a break. Should the legal opinions fall into the hands of the enemy, the NTA Board could then be in jeopardy due to the fact that the enemy would know how to attack the association. How many times have Mr. Janelli’s close, personal friends threatened to sue the NTA? Probably several hundred. How many times have Mr. Janelli’s close, personal friends actually sued the NTA? The answer is once. That frivolous lawsuit was dropped and NTA Attorney Pat Patrick had read into the official court transcript, the NTA had never denied the two disgraced former board members the documents they requested. Please review the
    “Litigation Update” which the NTA published after the frivolous lawsuit was withdrawn.

As a Board each of you have Officers and Directors insurance to cover you in the unlikely event you would ever need it. Unsurprisingly Mr. Janelli continues to spread the same false notions from his close, personal friends, the two disgraced former Board Members that you are failing in your fiduciary responsibilities. His bombastic threats and grandiose posturing are simply more of the same nonsense you have experienced from Mr. Janelli since the time he and his close, personal friend and personal legal advisor held an unauthorized meeting with the two disgraced former board members last April.

5. Mr. Janelli has continued his biased and persistent assault on the Executive Director and Membership Management. This extends back to last year’s July 17th Summer Board Meeting. Those of you in attendance surely remember it well. Mr. Janelli had both the Executive Director and Membership Management leave the room in order that he could deliberately provide false and misleading testimony to the NTA Board. He knew with certainty if the Executive Director and Membership Management were in the room that we would advise the Board of the true facts in the case and that we had a legal opinion to back up these facts. When we were finally allowed back into the room and heard the false, untruthful testimony which Mr. Janelli presented, the Executive Director did in fact lay out the true facts of the case along with the legal opinion and the NTA Board witnessed how deceitful and fraudulent Mr. Janelli had been with them. Many NTA Board Members commented they would be unable to trust anything Mr. Janelli told them in the future. As we all subsequently saw, Mr. Janelli sauntered around the convention, chatting on his cell phone for the rest of the week. He was particularly absent during the times everyone else were busy helping set up backboards and during the takedown on Saturday afternoon. His assaults on the foundation of the NTA have continued unabated since then. It is my opinion that at the Summer Board Meeting Mr. Janelli will again want the Executive Director and Membership Management to leave the board room at whatever time he has additional false testimony to attempt to influence the NTA Board with. However, you as Board Members now have the knowledge that you have the authority to override ANY decision Mr. Janelli makes, especially one like this.

6. Mr. Janelli has persistently contacted members of the current Board of Directors using intimidating verbal communication in an attempt to have them resign their positions. His unbelievable acts of coercion and conduct are inappropriate of anyone holding the office of president. Attempting to coerce Board Members to resign which consequently could allow Mr. Janelli to include his handpicked associates to the Board are beyond repulsive. This alone is grounds for his immediate dismissal, not including the other 521 violations of rules, motions, bylaws and oaths Mr. Janelli disrespected and discarded in his first four months as President. These are the charges you received via mail from Mr. Tinker Johnson several weeks ago and you will require a decision at our Baton Rouge board meeting.

7.Mr. Janelli continues to attack the Executive Director whenever words like “we” or “us” are used when describing the NTA. If Mr. Janelli would read and comprehend the NTA Bylaws he would see Article VI-Officers and Board Members Section 6 Appointed Offices:

(d.) Ex-Officio Directors. The Treasurer and Executive Director shall serve as ex-officio members of the Board of Directors.

Article VIII-Officers Duties Section 6 Executive Director

(f) Executive Director. The Executive Director shall serve as an ex officio member of the Board of

Directors.

As ex officio members of the Board of Directors “we” or “us” are the correct terminology.

8. Mr. Janelli has made references that the Executive Director needs to use his NTA credit card for various NTA expenses. I no longer have an NTA credit card as this account was closed. The NTA card I had at one time required me, as an individual, to personally guarantee payment for any charges made for the NTA as the NTA did not have the credit rating on its own to qualify for a card. I have no confidence in Mr. Janelli making sure outstanding debts incurred by the NTA are paid in a timely manner.

9. It came to our attention that Mr. Janelli’s handpicked replacement Board Member contacted the Crowne Plaza in Baton Rouge this past week. This individual had no authority to initiate this contact. The NTA Board views all of the requirements facilities must meet as stated in our “Bid Specification Requirements.” Once the facilities attend our board meeting in person to present their presentations the Board more often than not manages to negotiate a few additional items over and above our bid specs. I have never and will never negotiate private perks for myself. As you know, all items are spelled out in the bid specs. This individual then went on to make malicious and false accusations about me, personally.

Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:39 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Hotel Information Request, Crowne Plaza Baton Rouge

Salutation:

Mr.

Name:

John Creager

Email:

[email protected]

Phone:

Fax:

Mailing Address:

Rt 1 Box 419-C Western Grove, AR. 72685

Reason for Inquiry:

Other

Comments:

Natioanl Taxidermist Assoc. Meeting. I need to know what requirement that Ex. Director Greg Crain required be met beofre negotiations. We have found that Mr. Crain, required that 27 room night and full complimentry room service for the rooms at the Rogers AR.meeting in 2012. I appreicate your contacting me on this. John Creager Board of direcotr NTA.

Mr. Janelli, if you cannot or will not rein in your handpicked replacement I will have no option other than to press formal ethics charges and ask for this individual’s removal from the Board. I do not have the time or energy to provide remedial lessons on the proper conduct of being a board member. This should be something you should know prior to handpicking these individuals. Computers are equipped with spell check and it should be used. Emails such as the one above are exactly the stereotype anti hunters and the anti hunting media wish to portray taxidermists and outdoorsmen as. This is what the NTA has been fighting against for over 40-years. If Mr. Janelli’s handpicked replacements are unable to present themselves in a professional manner, perhaps they should stay away from the computer keyboard.

10. Recently Mr. Janelli allowed his handpicked Treasurer to forward a copy of one of our member’s personal checks to one of his close, personal friends. That individual then proceeded to put photocopies of our member’s personal check on the Internet. I know this is wrong and it was also illegal on our treasurer’s part. No personal membership information is to be released to anyone without a signed, confidentiality agreement in place. What is too difficult to comprehend about this? The NTA is fortunate the individual’s confidentiality that was breached is a longtime NTA servant of over 20-years and has agreed not to press charges or seek damages against the NTA for this egregious transgression and breach of protocol. Mr. Janelli, control your treasurer or find someone who will take the job seriously and not place the NTA in legal jeopardy to satisfy your close, personal friends witch hunt.

11. We now see Mr. Janelli’s handpicked treasurer once more requesting a grossly exorbitant check to pay for writing two checks weekly for the past 64 months. She does not perform the same operations that Wesley Touchstone performed when he was treasurer. Then President Frankie Thompson advised the Board that the NTA could save thousands of dollars by hiring a CPA/bookkeeper to perform the work Wesley had done. This is why the NTA Board hired Ms. Shelley Wells as CPA/bookkeeper and pays her $175.00 monthly. Our current treasurer writing two checks per week and balancing the monthly statement would, in my estimation, merit $20.00 monthly; $25.00 monthly would almost border on a giveaway. Figuring $20.00 per month for 64 months since she received the checkbooks would be $1,284.00. This, in my estimation, is what I personally would compensate someone I could hire for writing two checks weekly. The inflated figure of $2,500.00 as a down payment on an unnamed total she is claiming is an absolute farce. If I were voting on this question, I would agree to $1,284.00 as payment in full or she could wait and present her case to the Board in just a few short weeks when the Board arrives in Baton Rouge.

12. Mr. Janelli has now started to mimic his close, personal friends, the two disgraced former board members, with claims that there is $50-$60,000.00 unaccounted for and with no receipts showing where or how the money was dispersed. This is yet another example of Mr. Janelli deliberately presenting false accusations to the Board when he knows they are untrue. Each Board Member receives a written record of every check written from the headquarters and convention accounts. These are also available at each board meeting. There are no missing checks and each check has its own receipt. Mr. Janelli knows this is true as our complete information including receipts, have always been forwarded to the treasurer, the CPA as well as kept at NTAHQ.

Mr. Janelli acquires this number from a line on the NTA tax return which was prepared by CPA, Doyle Freeman in one of the years prior to his retirement. NTAHQ contacted the current NTA CPA, Ms. Shelley Wells, scheduled an appointment and went to her office. Several years ago the NTA hired Ms. Wells as the NTA CPA and bookkeeper. Ms. Wells’ duties incorporated virtually all of those executed by past treasurer, Wesley Touchstone. She receives $175.00 monthly remuneration for her bookkeeping duties. We presented her with the email containing these false accusations. As she had received the NTA case file from Mr. Freeman when he retired, she instantaneously knew where the information was located and was able to retrieve it. This occurred when a former Board Member introduced his “chart of accounts” that is also used by General Motors and IBM. It was evident that several individual columns of expenses were combined to make this one line of deductions. Ms. Wells offered to attend our July board meeting and explain this and any other questions which the Board may have. I consider this a great suggestion as I have remarked to the Board on several occasions that I am not a CPA nor do I prepare tax papers. I balance two checkbooks for the NTA and that is the extent of my accounting ability. One note from Ms. Wells which I believe may be of interest to the Board, was her comment with regard to the receipts she is presented with. Ms. Wells has copies of all receipts from the HQ account and the Convention Account. However, she has never been presented with copies of receipts from checks written on the Treasurers Account or the account controlled by Mr. Janelli, the Charley Haynes Wildlife Conservation Account.

13. While at Ms. Wells’ office she brought up the subject of an email which she had received. The email was falsely printed by one of Mr. Janelli’s close, personal friends in such a manner as to have the reader believe it was sent by NTA past President and Board Member Mr. Bill Haynes.

Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 12:54 PM
    To: Shelley
    Subject: NTA Balance sheets 10 ' & 11'

Sender Name: Bill Haynes

Sender Email: [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may or may not know that there is a group that is looking into the way the Crains are running the NTA. While looking into this we have found some things that seem to be wrong on your balance sheets. Now this maybe because you were giving False numbers or there maybe more to why the numbers do not match what is in the Legal minutes. 10' balance sheet/you show lifetime balance at $51,570.34 when in 2/15/10 it was $58,502 & on 2/3/11 $58,410.93 in the Legal minutes. 10' Balance Sheet you show Prize Fund at $24,638.07 11' Balance sheet you show it is the same amount $24,638.07 Now in the Legal minutes on 2/3/11 it shows balance of $6,663.47 & on 1/24/12 it shows balance of $6,275.43 in the NTA Legal minutes. Are you getting the right numbers or not? We are sending all our findings to the Attorney General and the IRS. If you have any information you would like to hand over now is the time. You could send information to the President Mr. John Janelli e mail is [email protected] or you may wish to reply to the e mail address provided. You also show the same amount for both years for Accounts Receivable, Total permenantly restricted funds And the Liabilites of the General Fund, HQ expense acc, & Inventory In fact the WHOLE Liabilities side all the numbers stay the same,,, ??? HOW , please ask yourself how. When we have Leagal minutes that show otherwise. Now the on both balance sheets stays the same amount but on both years it shows money comingin of 10' $9,631.03 and 11' $7,062.49 ,,, I wonder why this is the same amount from year to year and the money taken in never gets added to balance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message has been forwarded to you through ClubRunner from a visitor to your club or District website. It was sent without revealing your email address. Please note that neither the sender's email address nor the contents have been verified.

The above email with its strange grammar and inconsistent sentence structure made false accusations about Ms. Wells and then requested specific information to be forwarded via email to Mr. John Janelli. She was extremely disturbed that anyone would falsely accuse her of doing anything wrong or illegal. Since that time we have learned that an email in which the sender misrepresents his or her actual identity in connection with a threat or inducement crosses the boundary from just juvenile behavior into illegality. Mr. Haynes and Ms. Wells could, if they so elected, notify law enforcement. I certainly hope both of them choose to do so.

14. Below you will find an email from another of Mr. Janelli’s close and personal friends. This disgraced former member you will recognize immediately.

Subject:

Really?!

Date:

4/23/2013 12:53:58 A.M. Central Daylight Time

[email protected]

To:

[email protected]

1. There will be no Board Meeting until the summer meeting in Baton Rouge, July 16, 2013

Really Greg and Cindy?! Mr & Mrs 'we only do what the board tells us to'...... kinda slipped huh?

Send this message to your board, the meeting WILL HAPPEN or the convention will not. I will personally contact EVERY supplier, judge & known competitor with your words unless you let your board meet. You 'think' you have power? Let me get on my bullhorn.

You ARE NOT the owners of the NTA, the members are! 'There will be no Board Meeting until the summer meeting in Baton Rouge, July 16, 2013'.... REALLY? according to WHO? You Greg? LMAO! An executive director does not even have a vote, that is how powerless his position is set to be 'in the real world'.

Just who the **** do you two think you two are? Trust me, I travel the country, they think you two are a joke. You have made the National Taxidermy Association a running JOKE at the industry's State & World Conventions among it's participants. It's a running joke of 'who's banned next to protect Greg & Cindy'..... yep, it really has become about you two and how sick the entire industry is of you both.

You started by blaming Ken Edward & the taxi.net.... that did not work. You banned me for stating FACTS, that damn sure didn't work, then Fred & Harry (how'd that work out for you) and you still look in the mirror and say it's 'them'. My gosh, the small state of Indiana had more comp mount in 2013 than you did in 2012...... and you still say 'it's them!'

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over again expecting different results. I think it's easy to define the Executive Director of the NTA....... very easy.

Go and present facts to keep your job, not threats and members money to defend yourselves.

Don't be cowards, face your 2/3, not your 25%. It's time for you to state your case without tears or intimidation.

Greg & Cindy, I'm giving you this one fact...... you block this meeting, we will block your convention.

Trust me on that one.

It's time for answers.

Sincerely,

Michael P. Schlabach

PS-I suggest you forward this to your entire board so they are aware of this message before I send it to them. It's your 'duty' to make board members aware of any situations concerning the NTA. Do your job.

Sent from my iPhone

I sincerely thank Mr. Schlabach for his kind remarks and words of encouragement. His comments confirmed what I wrote to the Board on March 14, 2013 when he petitioned the Board for readmission into the NTA. Here is yet another prime example of an individual that is a close, personal friend of Mr. Janelli making false and misleading accusations.

As far as the authority I have been given by the Board of Directors and the NTA Bylaws, I know exactly what that is. I do not call meetings or cancel meetings. When a Board Member asks for my help, I am there. When more than 25-percent of the Board requests a Special Session Meeting via teleconference and they ask me to relay that information, I will do so. The NTA Bylaws state that Board Member’s can call a meeting regardless of what anyone else wants or thinks. It is quite obvious that many on the Board do not want or feel the NTA has sufficient funds to pay for a regular board meeting. What funds the NTA does have in the Treasurer’s Account are already allocated to other past due expenses that have failed to be paid in any sort of timely manner.

As NTA Executive Director I was contacted by over 40-percent of the Board that asked for a Special Session Meeting to be held via teleconference in Executive Session with the Executive Director and Membership Management in attendance. In addition, they specified the topics of their called meeting that were to be discussed. I have no authority to choose these topics, only those that called for the meeting are able to do that. Some individuals may not like the fact that the NTA has a Board that will follow the Bylaws and act responsibly. We applaud their effort to maintain their independence from any officer or other individual that may try to manipulate or pressure them or even ask for their resignations where additional handpicked associates can be chosen to take their place.

Mr. Schlabach’s threats of blackmail/economic terrorism do not go unnoticed and will be conveyed to the proper authorities.

15. Mr. Janelli has gone far above any authority he has as president and contacted the NTA CPA for elections Mr. Bruce Harrell. If you could sir, please advise me where in the NTA Bylaws provides you the authority as I cannot seem to locate it anywhere. However, I did see in the NTA Bylaws Article VII-Elections Section 4. Election Ballots:

(b.) CPA Shall Mail, Receive, Count Ballots. The Executive Director shall designate a CPA Firm to: verify number of eligible election ballots, mail out and receive back official election ballots; count votes; tabulate election results and present the recorded official election results in a sealed envelope to the Executive Director in time for the N.T.A. Annual Convention of the same election year. The CPA firm shall keep all returned official printed election secret ballots in a sealed envelope until September 30th of the same election year when the CPA must destroy said ballots.

Again this is Mr. Janelli saying the NTA Bylaws and Board motions do not apply to him as he is above those rules which apply to mere mortals. He then begins questioning Mr. Harrell as if he would instantly remember all the intricate details of the NTA election which his assistant performs. Yearly when the NTA brings the election information to Mr. Harrell’s office we include a copy of the NTA Bylaws pertaining to our elections. Mr. Janelli continues to show his inadequacies of leadership by again willfully and deliberately providing false testimony to the Board when he states the Executive Director “has a personal lady friend in the office of Bruce Harrell that actually returns the undeliverable ballots back to HQ’s.”

9.) Did you know that only the ED can select a CPA to manage the elections every year and that he has a personal lady friend in the office of Bruce Harrell that actually returns the undeliverable ballots back to HQ's?

John Janelli

NTA President

In my opinion if Mr. Janelli would actually ever tell the truth about any subject, I feel certain he would come back later and apologize. I have no “personal lady friend in the office of Bruce Harrell” or in any other office for that matter, with the exception of the NTA office. The lady that is Mr. Harrell’s assistant in his Hammond office is referred by us as “Miss Joan.” The only time I have ever seen Miss Joan is the two-three minutes it takes to walk the boxes of election materials from the vehicle to the conference table for their review and verification. The remaining portion of his statement where he states that Miss Joan “actually returns the undeliverable ballots back to HQ’s” is another Janelli lie, straight from the pits of Hell. At NO time has any undeliverable ballot ever been returned to NTAHQ! Any time a ballot is returned to Mr. Harrell’s office Miss Joan faxes NTAHQ to see if we can assist in locating a new address. If a new address is not located Miss Joan retains the unopened envelopes. We NEVER see ANY of the election ballots/materials until the US Postal Service delivers our personal ballot once they have been verified and mailed by Mr. Harrell’s office. If the Board would so choose we can surely invite Mr. Harrell and Miss Joan to our Board Meeting in order that they can personally tell you that this is an outright lie that Mr. Janelli has spread.

16. I have been informed that there are eight Board Members who will not be available to appear at Mr. Janelli’s proposed May Board Meeting in Louisiana. This denotes there is no quorum for an official meeting. If a Board Member has used their personal funds on this proposed meeting they may bring up this fact at our Summer Board Meeting, July 16th in Baton Rouge and the Board will decide on whether a refund is in order.

17. As I mentioned last week there has been sufficient support from the NTA Board in requesting a Special Session Meeting via teleconference to be held in Executive Session with the Executive Director and Membership Management in attendance to discuss the following four topics:

a. There will be no board meeting until the summer meeting in Baton Rouge, July 16, 2013.

b. The immediate payment from the NTA for all funds owed Membership Management for the fiscal years 2008-09 and 2009-10.

c. Mike Oropallo cannot serve the NTA as either ethics chairman or moderator as he has a direct conflict of interest by serving as a past legal advisor to the NTA and then being dismissed by the association and for serving as a personal legal advisor to John Janelli.

d. The false and misleading claims of the missing $50-$60,000.00 that are said to have no receipts

The Board Members requested the meeting be held on Tuesday, May 14th, 2013 at 7:00 PM CST. This fulfills the 15-day notification as required in the Bylaws. If Mr. Janelli should choose to participate in this meeting he is more than welcome to exercise his authority, as given in the NTA Bylaws, to arrange the teleconference. However, in view of the fact that this meeting was called by the members of the Board, it is these members of the Board that set the agenda and any other parameters. Mr. Janelli has no authority to override the desires of those on the NTA Board that make use of their authority as spelled out in the NTA Bylaws to call for this Special Session Meeting.

18. Mr. Janelli has continued his false allegations with regard to NTA Attorney Pat Patrick serving in some capacity as our personal attorney. I have never and will never consult Mr. Patrick for any legal advice or opinions for myself, Cindy or her company National Wildlife Studios. We have our own personal attorney that handles all of our work. She was recently named as one of the leading candidates up for consideration as the replacement for US Attorney Jim Letten. This is an extremely prestigious honor and we are blessed to have her on our side. We found her after much prayer, not just on our part, but on the part of countless other individuals who called out and cried out on our behalf. To God be the Glory! We fear not the persecution of Mr. Janelli and any of his close, personal friends as we know Who shall battle our adversaries for us. If the Board would wish for NTA Attorney Pat Patrick to be available at our Summer Board Meeting in Baton Rouge, as he was at the last meeting held in Louisiana, please advise and I am certain he would eagerly attend and REFUTE ALL ALLEGATIONS made by Mr. Janelli and answer any other questions you may have.

19. For those of you who may be new to the Board or perhaps have not heard, Mr. Janelli’s close, personal friends have undertaken an unparalleled assault on the Executive Director and Membership Management. Starting in mid 2010, Mr. Janelli’s close, personal friends contacted the IRS, the US Attorney General, and the Railroad Retirement Board claiming we were perpetuating a continuing fraud on the US Government.

A. The IRS called us in for a 5-year tax audit. When we arrived there were 2 agents seated at the desk. The first words they spoke were, “You didn’t bring a CPA or legal advisor with you?” I stated I was not aware that we needed representation. I also advised that we could get started and if I saw where representation was needed we could stop and come back later. Our audit lasted 2 ½ hours. The only discrepancy found was when they referenced the contract labor Cindy had hired. One individual had not reported their income on the 1099 they were issued. The agents gave us the option to keep the deduction- in which case they would call the contract laborer in for an audit- or remove the deduction and pay the tax, interest and penalty due on the deduction. The agents left the room for us to discuss this issue and we phoned the contract laborer in question. They advised that if we would agree to pay the tax, interest and penalty they would have a check waiting to reimburse us when we returned home. This was the option we chose. The total amount was a little over $2,000.00. Every other deduction they asked about was backed up with checks and each check was backed up with receipts. We were CLEARED on EVERYTHING!

B. The RRRB received accusations from Mr. Janelli’s close, personal friends, the two disgraced former board members that the NTA was defrauding the Federal Government by paying Cindy and her company “National Wildlife Studios” for work that the Executive Director had done. After listening to these two disgraced former board members the RRRB thought they had been presented with accurate information and opened a case file. I have never at any time attempted to hide the fact that I receive RR retirement from a neck injury I suffered. When I accepted the job as Executive Director and collected the membership materials and computer from Mr. Lee Birch, I immediately had Cindy and her company handle all membership and convention details as I still worked full time for the Railroad. After several years I was finally able to convince the Board to write a separate, stand alone contract for Cindy and NWS.

In the meantime more accusations from Mr. Janelli’s close, personal friends were made to the US Attorney General. As the RRRB and the US Attorney General proceeded with reviewing the information they were given, the cases were combined and referred to the US Department of Justice for criminal prosecution. Both the NTA and NWS received Grand Jury Subpoenas for all documents from January 1st, 2005 through present. Some of the items the subpoena sought were Articles of Incorporation, Minutes of Corporate Meetings, Employee Payroll Registers, Accounts Payable Registers, Accounts Receivable Registers, Corporate Tax Returns, Form W-2’s, W-3’s and 1099’s issued, K-1’s filed with the IRS, Employee Applications, Banking Statements, including Deposit Slips, and Sales Receipts. Multiply this by each account which the NTA has-NTAHQ, Convention, Treasurer’s, old General Fund, Wildlife Conservation, TERF, and Morgan Stanley Accounts-and you can only imagine the thousands of copies that were made. All this information was then sorted, collated, punched, and then placed in binders with appropriate labels on each. I did take a photograph of the NTA portion which we produced before everything was taken to NTA Attorney Pat Patrick.

After going through the same routine for NWS those binders were taken to our personal attorney. After nearly a year of forensic document and account examination the OIG closed the case on August 23, 2011, WITHOUT A SINGLE FINDING OF WRONGDOING for the NTA or NWS.

C. Early this year Mr. Janelli’s close, personal friends stated on the Internet they would contact the RRRB again unless I resigned as Executive Director. As I have no intention of resigning, they did in fact make contact with the RRRB again stating the NTA was defrauding the Federal Government with me. After being contacted by the RRRB I contacted our personal attorney and was required to complete forms and submit documentation. Fortunately in less than 1-month I was AGAIN CLEARED OF ANY AND ALL WRONGDOING, AS WAS THE NTA.

D. Mr. Janelli’s close, personal friends also stated on the Internet earlier this year that they would contact the LA Attorney General using a petition they were circulating. I have no doubt that they will be foolish enough to try to attack the NTA, the Executive Director and Membership Management again. NTA Attorney Pat Patrick and our personal attorney have been given this information as a “heads up.” Mr. Janelli’s close, personal friends have stated they may have to “kill” the association. Their plan is to attempt to drain the association of all its funds until it is bankrupt. It is obvious that Mr. Janelli condones these attacks as he is close personal friends with them all. If Mr. Janelli really cared about the NTA and did not have the boastful “look at me” syndrome, he would have shunned and cut ties with these predators long ago. If the LA Attorney General agrees to take their case we have no fear as we have nothing to hide or cover up. Unlike Mr. Janelli, who never tells his story the same way twice, we have no problem presenting the same facts correctly every time. It is easy to remember the truth but difficult to impossible for Mr. Janelli to remember what was said when it started and ended with a lie.

I understand that the close, personal friends of Mr. Janelli may consider my words are a bit strong. However, in the job description of my contract, item #7 states: “report to the Board of Directors any and all information of which Mr. Crain has reason to believe will affect the NTA in either a positive or negative fashion.” In my judgment Mr. Janelli is having a tremendous negative effect on this association and I believe he is the worst president this association has ever seen. In fact, he is a total embarrassment to the memory of all 23 presidents which came before him. The best case scenario for the NTA would be for Mr. Janelli to resign his office before he further embarrasses himself, the NTA and the office of president. Mr. Janelli lacks the trust and confidence of many of the NTA Board of Directors and the personnel that staff NTA Headquarters.

Respectfully,

Greg Crain, NTA Executive Director

2. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

crain is to big of a puss to face anyone standing against him...archie has always been a blowhard for as many years as I can count..both of them together don't equal one person....I hope something comes quickly from all this and blows these wipes out of the water......just my opinion.......

3. michael p.

This is funny where he states 'Mr. Janelli lacks the trust and confidence of many of the NTA Board of Directors and the personnel that staff NTA Headquarters.'.......why didn't he just say Bill haynes, Frankie Thompson, Tinker Johnson and my wife don't like him either!' LOL

'personal staff at NTA Headquarters'.......for anybody out of the loop on NTA business, NTA Headquarters is Greg Crain's house and the 'personal staff' is HIS WIFE! LMAO!

Good grief, you couldn't make this crap up if you tried!!!

4. Looks to me he is trying to throw disgrace on others, in order to keep the limelight off off him and this fiasco. It appears to me that a blind man culd see through this. I can't wait to see how this unfolds and who goes to jail. Who will be the disgraced one then?

5. ELMER GANTRY

ELMER GANTRY **THE DISTANCE OF GOOSE**

"They advised that if we would agree to pay the tax, interest and penalty they would have a check waiting to reimburse us when we returned home... "We were CLEARED on EVERYTHING"! :eek: ;D ;D ;D

"11. We now see Mr. Janelli’s handpicked treasurer once more requesting a grossly exorbitant check to pay for writing two checks weekly for the past 64 months. She does not perform the same operations that Wesley Touchstone performed when he was treasurer. Then President Frankie Thompson advised the Board that the NTA could save thousands of dollars by hiring a CPA/bookkeeper to perform the work Wesley had done. This is why the NTA Board hired Ms. Shelley Wells as CPA/bookkeeper and pays her $175.00 monthly. Our current treasurer writing two checks per week and balancing the monthly statement would, in my estimation, merit $20.00 monthly; $25.00 monthly would almost border on a giveaway. Figuring $20.00 per month for 64 months since she received the checkbooks would be $1,284.00. This, in my estimation, is what I personally would compensate someone I could hire for writing two checks weekly. The inflated figure of $2,500.00 as a down payment on an unnamed total she is claiming is an absolute farce. If I were voting on this question, I would agree to $1,284.00 as payment in full or she could wait and present her case to the Board in just a few short weeks when the Board arrives in Baton Rouge."

Respectfully,

Greg Crain, NTA Executive Director

National Taxidermists Association
    Summer Board Meeting
    July 17, 2012
    Rogers, Arkansas

Greg Crain made special note, “I would like to take a moment to recognize NTA Secretary / Treasurer Carol Janelli. Carol’s time, efforts and support have been unwavering. We respect and admire the superb job she has done for the NTA. It is an honor and pleasure to work with Carol and we appreciate her important contribution to the NTA.”

Crains can't have it both ways can they Mister Bill... ;D ;D ;D

6. So---- all of the "Special Projects" money is accounted for with checks and reciepts? Then why are they not documented on the financial report? :eek: I really hope we are looking at the end of this fiasco--although I have a feeling this is going to drag out much, much longer. :(

7. ELMER GANTRY

11. ... Then "President" Frankie Thompson advised the Board that the NTA could save thousands of dollars by hiring a CPA/bookkeeper to perform the work Wesley had done. This is why the NTA Board hired Ms. Shelley Wells as CPA/bookkeeper and pays her $175.00 monthly.

First time Shelly Wells, CPA is mentioned in the minutes is January 28, 2011 ::)

Who's signature is at the bottom of this document working for the NTA on May 11, 2010. None other than E. Doyle Freeman. ::) ;D ;D ;D

Winter Board Meeting

February 19-20, 2010

Kenner, Louisiana

NTA President Joel Edwards called the 2010 Winter Board Meeting to order on Friday, February 19, 2010 at 8:30 a.m. Joel welcomed everyone to the meeting.

Who became the NTA President after Edwards, none other than Wolk :eek: So how did "President ::) Frankie Thompson" advise the board as "President" when he wasn't "President" when E Doyle Freeman retired sometime after signing that 990 on May 11, 2010???

Damned them minutes anyways ;)

Winter Board Meeting

January 28-29, 2011

Kenner, Louisiana

NTA President Steve Wolk called the 2011 Winter Board Meeting to order on Friday, January 28, 2011 at 9:19 a.m. Steve welcomed everyone to the meeting.

Steve Wolk requested that Joe Kaiser offer a prayer to start the meeting. Joe did so.

Steve Wolk established the fact that a quorum was present. A roll call was taken by the Secretary; the following members were present:

Officers and Board Members Present:

Steve Wolk, President Mary Lou Crabtree

John Janelli, Vice President Jim Ellis

Carol Janelli, Secretary and Interim Treasurer Dave Hale

Greg Crain, Executive Director Bill Haynes

Cindy Crain, Administrator Walter “Tinker” Johnson

Randy Jordan

Joe Kaiser

Mel Kincheloe

Jeff Martin

Archie Phillips

Mitch Webb

Lori Wolk

Officers and Board Members Not Present:

Frankie Thompson (excused) ;)

..."As our longtime CPA, Doyle Freeman, has RETIRED, ::) we have followed his suggestion and retained Shelly Wells as our CPA". ;D ;D ;D

So what's it going to be Crain you hired Shelly Wells as per your letter stating " "President" Frankie Thompson advised the Board that the NTA could save thousands of dollars by hiring a CPA/bookkeeper to perform the work Wesley had done. This is why the NTA Board hired Ms. Shelley Wells as CPA/bookkeeper and pays her $175.00 monthly" or is it by Crain officially going on record in the January 28-29, 2011 MINUTES..."as our longtime CPA, Doyle Freeman, has RETIRED, ::) we have followed his suggestion and retained Shelly Wells as our CPA".

Maybe Mister Crain is Cornfused Mister Bill ;D ;D ;D or did he just get caught in an Executor Director LIE ;D ;D ;D

Damned them minutes anyways ;)

8. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Now Elmer, you DO know they dont need facts and honesty when they can just use sarcasm, now dont you??? What a shame!

9. michael p.

It's simply one of those cases where when you tell so many lies you forgot which one you told.

What still amazes me is that an EMPLOYEE would speak to his bosses in such a manner...... especially when said employee has seem a consecutive yearly decline in growth.

Greg sure does think a lot of himself.....it blinds him from seeing everybody else in the industry laughing at him.

Mr Crain, you are really still harping on Mr. Janelli's trip to the SCI show, the LARGEST sportsman show in the WORLD?! Maybe if you got off your lazy ass and PROMOTED the NTA, which in any other circle would be the executive directors duties, we would not of had to hear your crying since the President was doing YOUR JOB!

Just shut up Crain, the whole industry is on to you........even if you win, you will lose.

10. ELMER GANTRY

2100 members as per the 2007 990 when Crains got the contract from Mr. Bill..............to less than 1000 total members in Feb. 2013 as per Mr. Bill and over half of those members are lifetime, so there is NO membership money being generated from them.

Dead Association Walking ;) ain't that right Mr. Greg!!

11. JJ should call the meeting to order and make a motion for immediate dismissal of Crain. There has to be someone on the board who would second it and send it to a board vote!

12. Huntress

Huntress Member

" The IRS called us in for a 5-year tax audit."

Was this an audit of the Crain's personal/business taxes or NTA taxes? Anyone know?

13. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Ahh, This is more like it. Expose his nonsense.

Here is something that is kinda funny - at least the way I read it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Archie Phillips made the following motion: that the Executive Director has the sole authority to contact the NTA Attorney, after obtaining permission or direction from the NTA president. In the event that the Executive Director is incapacitated, the president, after a two-thirds vote of the Board, can contact the NTA Attorney. The motion was seconded by Lori Wolk. The motion passed unanimously.”

Mr. President, I am not incapacitated. As such, the remaining portion of the motion is moot.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it seems to me that Crain does not have JJ's permission SOOOO, whether Crain is incapacitated or not is Moot.

14. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Mr. Crain

As a close personal friend of Mr. Janelli's, don't play with me. I don't play well with others. Especially those I dislike. You will resign voluntarily, or be fired by the board. If neither come to pass, a criminal investigation will ensue and I will make every attempt to bankrupt you as you have done the NTA. It will cost you dearly in defense. Be advised of my intent. If you feel my post is threatening, you pursue legal action. I will welcome a court date and very willing to have subpena's issued to all of Mr. Janelli's friends. Your smear tactics will not go unnoticed.

15. Crittercoroner

Crittercoroner DUDE, your uselessness is epic!

nj
    All that disgraced former membership is nothing but deflection by his part.
    I have to laugh at the constant use of close personal friend happy horsh&t. Please, get a thesaurus, it would make wading through the rest of the nonsense a little more enjoyable.
    The top secret legal briefs that would destroy the NTA if the fell into the enemies hands. Really? I'm thinking it's more along the lines of destroying him.
    Just as my crystal ball predicted, the super secret phone meeting is going directly into the bs executive session as to eliminate any member from know what is going on. Yep, that right there has got to tell you how f'd up these people are. If there was any integrity left at all, it will all be gone by time that super secret meeting of the good ole boys club is concluded. I'm sure there will be plenty of standing rules, un updated bylaw changes, and a plethora of other unwritten items that will be utilized to get what they want.
    Mike, please just drop the bomb on them and get it over with already. I emplore you.

16. All I hear them saying is
    " but mommy he sticked out his at tounge at me !!!! mommmmmmmmmmm "
    LOL

I Laugh at the fact they say they are for the members !!!! Well Mr. C & membership mangement service, I have a lot of signed papers that show the members do not like how your running the NTA into the ground.

Quote From HQ "Mike Oropallo cannot serve the NTA as either ethics chairman or moderator as he has a direct conflict of interest by serving as a past legal advisor to the NTA and then being dismissed by the association and for serving as a personal legal advisor to John Janelli."

Maybe the Ed & MMS could hire Dan Chase as the Ethics Chairman !!!!!! He has good ethics .......

Gregg I .

17. Dan passed away a while back.

18. Sorry to here that. I did not know.

Well then they could have Archie Be the Ethics chairman, He did a great job in PA !!!!!!!!!

Gregg I

19. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

dan chase was also a huge crook...online court records show he had lost court cases to Jonas for copying their forms and selling them....his fines were over 100 grand........he admitted it on the stand in the transcripts........birds of a feather

20. With all this and that going on. Why has Crain not made a public statement about all these shenanigans .