1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Selling of bear products and state regulations

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by Buddha14524, May 3, 2013.

1. Buddha14524

Buddha14524 New Member

This sight will tell you if you can or cant sell/ buy bear products
    http://www.chichesterinc.com/BearStateRegulations.htm

2. petasucks

petasucks New Member

$10,000 fine, 5 years in prison and a guaranteed felony in this beautiful state called california

3. Spikeanator6982

Spikeanator6982 Member

Maybe my question won't get deleted here... Why cant we in South dakota buy black bear parts? As far as I can find it is bc we can't buy, possess, sell parts of endangered/threatened animals, but in sd law here...http://legis.state.sd.us/statutes/DisplayStatute.aspx?Type=Statute&Statute=34A-8-10 it says

"However, a person may transport into South Dakota or otherwise possess, sell, or purchase within the state any animal or parts thereof appearing on any of the lists enumerated in § 34A-8-9 that were lawfully taken or acquired in another state or lawfully taken or acquired from a point outside the territorial limits of the United States if the items are accompanied by the appropriate license, documentation, Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) permit, or CITES tag"

seems to me, if the bear part came with license for the bears taking in say, Minnesota, it would be perfectly legal to sell to someone in SD. Unless it has to be resident of SD bringing his own bear legally taken in another state, or him bringing it in, then selling to another within the state.

I actually just got off the phone with SDGFP and they said its perfectly legal to buy them from other states, one should just have a receipt and proof of legal take in another state.

4. That is a private companies policy not the law. Same goes here in Texas. I can buy and sell bears all day long here as long as I have the tag from the state that it was taken. Maybe you should think before you post bogus info next time.

5. CindarellaPop

CindarellaPop New Member

It's really strange to me that apparently the sale of black bear parts is prohibited in my state and yet I'm POSITIVE I've seen a tannery around here that had bear hides and skulls for sale; the same tannery that sits next door to the fish and game booth at the state fair no less. Either this list is wrong or the officials don't care very much, lol.

6. Taquka-aq

Taquka-aq New Member

A better website to check out parts laws on is right here; www.thegreenwolf.com/partslaws.html While it's by no means better than calling your fish & game dept., it is a good starting point.

7. Hyacinth

Hyacinth Fur collector

I'm not sure why in Michigan we can have the skull and hide, but not the claws.

I've asked my DNR about this, as well as questions about other animals I wanted to buy. I talked to 2 DNR people and they both gave me completely opposite answers to my questions. It's quite frustrating.

8. petasucks

petasucks New Member

Record your phone calls getting them to say there name and badge number. If any problem ever came up it would save your butt for them falsifying information. I worked in law enforcement for 4 years so i know its true

9. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

This is bull crap, in Calif they let murders, rapists ,crack dealers out of jail or don’t change them in the first place. Your attorney general will not charge them. The news today said they want to let all federal prisoners out of jail. Sleepy Joe is going to get them all good paying union jobs.
    We need a professional European style military coup of the government.

10. Lance.G

Lance.G Well-Known Member

Maybe they can work for NED

11. drob

drob Active Member

my how things change,in 2013 when this post was written-we would still be talking about what the title suggests! Not some non related BS !