1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My first deer on the wall (my bullet, not my mount)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Panhandler801, May 4, 2013.

1. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

Not exactly what you where trying to get out of this but if i had the spare time you obviously have, I'd take up knitting . . . :eek:

2. I'm sure there is a website Forum for Comedians, I'll try to find a link for you. Stay away from the Deer Mount jokes, they are not working for you.

3. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

Glad you didnt pay $900 for it. wouldve hated to see someone get took for an extra $600

4. Badgerland

Badgerland Quality taxidermy & quality deer capes.

nice rack, :) ;0 :D

5. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

I know this wall I think. Did you post before asking for an opinion on how to mount your deer on this wall? Look up Dennis Bragg on here for your next one. I'm sure he would be glad to do it for 899 or maybe even his regular price but either way you'll get your moneys worth out of him. You shoulda just stuck with an I'm happy thanks for looking post and not gotten so defensive/sarcastic/funny about it cuz now the boys are gonna eat on this one awhile.

6. WILD BROOKIES

WILD BROOKIES JOIN EBTJV SAVE A RESOURCE

girlie house

7. Yeah, I posted a picture of the wall pretty soon after dropping the deer off.

The boys can eat away if they are so inclined. Not so much me being defensive as it was my effort to point out the inconsistent tone of the forum. I understand herd mentality to jump on infrequent posters and new folks. It was pointed pout to me that its not cool to post someone eldest work and ask got critique. I did not realize that I had even done this, but once aware I acknowledged that such a policy is a good one. Then the mount received a letter grade and I was asked how much I paid. Based off the fact that some people thought I did not even have a wall picked out before deciding how to mount led me
    believe that most of "the boys" considered me a fool; hence the $900 comment. Was simply doing my best to give them a little more to eat.

I'm glad that it worked and from here on out I'll sick to the search button for information and will refrain from sharing my excitement about a new addition to the home...No sarcasm, comedy or defensiveness there

Yall keep up the good taxidermy work and have a nice day.

8. Yeah... Underneath the girlie house
    [​IMG]

Can you butcher a deer in your kitchen? Maybe you don't have a 5' x 5' block.
    [​IMG]

A nice girly meal in the girlie house
    [​IMG]

Off my girlie grill... Smoker is downstairs under the house
    [​IMG]

A nice girlie addition upstairs... Obviously a work in progress
    [​IMG]

girlie downstairs porch... Trust me, its a terrible place to drunk cold beer, eat some oysters, watch a game, etc
    [​IMG]

something I DID pay too much for and that's the girlie stereo equipment you can catch a glimpse of in the background... Right behind the alligator teeth and my girlie dog. Well actually he is kind of a sissy, so I'll give you that
    [​IMG]

another girlie shot under the house
    [​IMG]

Serious girl project
    [​IMG]

And yet another one...
    [​IMG]

Staircase built by yours truly
    [​IMG]

Just drying some sausage before dropping in the trash can smoker for 12 hours of child smoke cure. yes it has proper amount of sodium nitrate
    [​IMG]

Done
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Building the bar you see under the 900 mount. Pretty girlie
    [​IMG]

If you ever want a piece of slate for cheap just call a local custom billiard guy. I got this for $0. Allowed me to save up for that 900 dollar mount a couple years later
    [​IMG]

Redneck surf and turf being dealt with one day last January under the house. Pretty girlie
    [​IMG]

Oh, and then there upstairs but not many pictures of it. Just a couple bedrooms and baths. The upstairs porch has a great view if the bayou, but trust me there are no fish to be caught there and don't even think about trying to pop a squirrel or two from up there. Then there are the bullfrogs in the creek on property, then one bedroom that currently has in it two climbers, most all my hunting gear, etc.

Anyway, it really is set up got a girl. Its amazing that every guy who comes over comments on how awesome the house is. Maybe all my buddies and I are girlie men and didn't even know it. Crap!

9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Hmmm. Sensitive, are we? With that type of investment, damned if I'd be butchering deer ANYWHERE and damned sure not inside my house.

10. There, my friends, is some defensiveness. Rag on the deer all you want, but no need to go making fun of somebody's home. I spent two years building it with my dad and I'm pretty darn proud of it.

11. Bob Mead

Bob Mead Mead Taxidermy Studio, LLC

At least hang your deer up straight...it does wonders for symmetry.

12. My bad... Maybe butchering is not the right word. I skin and gut them outside and then put in cooler for a few days. What's in the cooler however, can go straight into my house, whole or quartered, and I can watch TV, sharpen knives, process deer and package all in one step in the comfort of my own girlie home. ;)

13. yeah I noticed that. he's straight now. Again was just excited to get him on wall do the camera started going nuts. I promise, the next one will be one or two pics once its all situated and as good as I can get it. If course at the rate that I kill deer good enough for the wall, that will be ten years from now. ;)

14. When you do get another for the wall....give me a call. ;)

15. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

What is that saying about Fancy cars are something to make up for inadequacies elsewhere....... something like that!!!!

16. Must be why I have drive the same stock 2002 Chevy 1500 that I bought in 2004. More dents than you could count and is one of only two vehicles I have ever owned. Other was a 1992 two door stock Jeep cherokee with a manual. It did have the 4.0 six cylinder in it. Does that qualify as fancy? I ask only because you are obviously the resident expert on fancy... Dubious distinction there, bud.

17. WILD BROOKIES

WILD BROOKIES JOIN EBTJV SAVE A RESOURCE

george your right he might live at home still and his parents spoil him as a child

18. Depends on what you call spoiled I guess. Definitely enjoyed a blessed childhood. Also have had a job since I was 15 and some have definitely been pretty damn though. I'm 33 now and yes, I live at home... My home. I saved as much as I.could for ten years after high school. After completion of house I put 20% down like a dumb ass because that's the way my spoiled ass was brought up. Looking back I'd have been a whole lot better taking some zero down sub prime shit. I certainly would have qualified. Then I could have let the bank come get it and ultimately the taxpayer when I lost my job back in 2011. Instead I found ways to make ends meet while I looked for a good career, all the while hoping my girlfriend at the time would not leave me. I found steady employment two years ago. A year ago we were married and I'm proud to say that I made more money in 2012 than I have ever made. 2013 not tracking so well, but still a lot if time left.

Yall take care now, and God bless.

19. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Be sure to have Man-ly beer on hand.. ;D

20. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I like that girly home...... I'm like a gay decorator if you get me in the furniture store!

It's like that time I did that pink backing with bling on the back of that doctors 16 year old daughter oryx mount. Some guy on here said 'I'd never do that crap, animals don't have pink on them!'..... Well idiot they don't have veneer panels growing out of their ass either! LOL

Nice house, it's cool to be able to come home to something you are proud of.

I can tell you are a little anal about things and I say that in a complimentary way. The picky, anal guy will pay me $600 for a good mount over $300 for an OK mount. It takes all kinds to keep the money flowing :)