1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The absolute dumbest thing I've ever done!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Superpig, Oct 7, 2006.

1. JonHarleTX

JonHarleTX Ya'll hear that. George just signed in. Quick Hide

Oh Mr T. You're by far not the slimest fish in the bucket ;)..

My job used to require me to be in a different country 6 days a week.. i found all the free translation sites..

Don't worry I didn't bother to translate anything other than the last one.. I don't want to hear you and piggy getting all mushy mushy on each other.. hehe

Jon~

2. Piggy...Dont zum narren gehalten werden. Wenn George dont deutsch kennt, schlecht überrascht sein! ;D

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

the translations sites are not translating exactly word for word, because of the difference in cultures.

4. LOL Fishwork, I don't know which language you just slaughtered more, German or English, but the job was thorough. ;D

5. Ill stick to arabic! ;D

6. Muthagoose

Muthagoose You do your thing, I'll do mine.....

Evelyn
    Years ago I worked in a munitions factory, a co worker had a epoxie dispenser blow up in his face. A good portion went down his throat as he yelled. I got to him as quickly as I could. Still remember everyone trying to keep him from swallowing anymore than he did.His lungs took the brunt of the load. Spewing blood,epoxie and burnt tissue. He lived through it with major throat lung and intestinal problems the rest of his life..
    YOUR DAMN LUCKY, If you want I will send you a pair of pliers......

7. Kiwi

Kiwi New Member

No more Supergluey for the Superpiggy ....... ;) ;D ;D ;D

Well Piggy i did put a 90mm nail from a nailgun threw my thumb a while back and wondered why I couldn't let the box go, ??? it was then I realised what i done .. :eek:

8. Hey,...Did you type with the one-finger Poke-N-Hope method ? I thaought you got the Super Glue on yer hands ? :-X
    He He Look :-X The little Smiley Guy has a Lips are sealed icon ! :-X
    Must be a bit like Vacation for Mike ! Quiet, peaceful, No noise ! :-X
    HEEEEHeee!!!! Gute besserung !

9. Nur für deutschsprachige: Präparatoren.net ohne George, weil er sowiso kein deutsch spricht.
    Das ist auch gut so. Endlich haben wir etwas, was George nicht machen kann oder hat er vielleicht auch einen Übersetzungsknopf?

Mr. T.: Netter Versuch.
    Cecil: Du kannst schliesslich noch deine Frau fragen!
    Bis Bald !
    Buck...

10. Crittercoroner

Crittercoroner DUDE, your uselessness is epic!

nj
    Just bringing this back from the dead, anyone with any newer stories???? Come on now, don't be bashfull.

11. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

[email protected] the story in the first place...and EVEN MORE [email protected] being brought back to the top! LOL EVELYN! LOL That is FUNNY! I bet you're THRILLED to see it on your list of New Replies to your posts huh? :D ;D :D

My dumb thing of the week was trying to power wash a nipple off a cape. ::) Twice. :p

12. Crittercoroner

nj
    I'm starting to think, no, change that, I know it's trying to say anything contrary to what George says on here. That, I'm fairly confident, is definitely, the dumbest thing I've done.

13. well...um i will let you in on a thought after re-reading what happened to Evelyn....umm my thoughts were , shall we say....not so "clean" about this incident...LOL (god how wishful thinking can get a man in trouble )

14. Amy

Amy Mammal artist

I was adding drops of MEKP hardener to fiberglass resin once, and the tube burst (I had had it for a while and the plastic had gotten brittle). It went all into my eyes.

It burnt like crazy and after flushing my eyes with water, everything was ok (despite some stinging for a while).

I read later that the hardener is very dangerous to eyes and can cause instant blindness.

Nothing funny about this story ... I was very very lucky!

I wear safety glasses now!

15. :mad: Damn you Dave, you just had to mess with the dead didn't you? :mad: ........ ;D I just can't believe that story is already 2 years old. That what scares me the most.

16. It may be 2 years old Evelyn but you are still as hot now as you were then :)

17. Damn Evelyn I think I watered myself!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

18. Crittercoroner

nj
    Sorry Ev, I was just looking for something old to bring back and this was the first with legs I saw, so back it came. If it makes you feel any better I almost killed myself putting up a ladder stand last week. I guess there is a reason for needing 2 or more people to put one up. Seeing as how they are a little top heavy, they tend to get a little unmanagable when going up, especially when doing it alone. Let's just say I'm lucky there were low branches on a nearby tree, one dead leaner for the ladder to fall on and for me to hide under, and a lot of leaves on top of rockless loose soil under the leaner. Fortunately, I did manage to get the stand up eventually, and whacked a doe out of it the following day.

Messing with the dead, guess that makes me a necromancer???

19. That or a necrophiliac!! :):):)

20. hawkflyer

hawkflyer I'm not short, I'm fun sized.

I don't feel quite so stupid now. We were trying to get zap a gap into a tiny little space and I put that little thread like tube, that comes with the glue, on the end of the bottle. I thought it would be easier to get it into the tight spot. Well it worked so well, I wanted to keep that little tube to use again. So without thinking much about it I put the thing to my lips and tried to blow out the extra glue. Not a good idea. I found out the moisture causes this stuff to kick instantly. Now my lips are glued to my teeth and to each other. After pulling them apart I was missing a layer of skin on my lips, Ouch, and it does take a while to get it off your teeth. Just so you know, you can buy those little tips, they are supposed to be disposable.. :)