1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

? about the 6900

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by eliscull, May 7, 2013.

1. eliscull

eliscull Nov. 2011

NJ
    Is it just me or is anyone else noticing a difference in their 6900 forms? What I mean is I have had the same exact sizes and noticed a difference in the way the head was either tilted or positioned. I can see a bigger difference mainly in the forms of different sizes. The head looks to be down more on some and even turned harder on others. Is it me?

2. Matt

Matt Active Member

No, it's not you, I had notice that to on the last one I did. Hopefully, it's the last one I have to use!

3. I have seen some changes as the newer sizes have been arriving. The nose and lip line have also changed some.

4. Going to give the OTS forms a shot, I am mounting up a 235lb Kansas Buck I shot this year on one, gonna get it going in the next day or two. Looking at the form I like it already. Did have to fix the nose though, it was lower on the left side. Always something!

5. dcooper

dcooper Member

I had 4 or 5 of these on the same wall waiting for customers to pick up. I had to look twice because, as you say, some had their heads at different angles - more downward or turned. All 6900's, same basic turn, but slightly different form sizes. I assumed that if you were to sculpt the same form but size it differently, the chances of having everything the same would be slim.

6. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Is there a QUALITY problem :eek: at McKenzie ?

7. craigjw

craigjw http://www.back2lifetaxidermy.com

Try revolution taxidermy supply. Started using them a few years ago, only form I use now. Found they just fit better, especially bigger deer.

8. Wolfe

Wolfe Member

I've noticed on a few of the sizes that with the eyes level, the nose is slightly rotated...like this --------> :-\

9. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

Yep they have some production issues and or somethings going on . . . everyones tweaked or twisted. :-\

10. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

The main problem with any 6900 is that there is not a deer on the planet that looks like that.

11. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

I really don't like them at all