1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Having fun at the show

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Brian Claar, May 8, 2013.

1. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

Having a great time here meeting up with old friends and making so new.
    JJ and Russell Knight are here representing the NTA. Nice job guys!
    Cindy Crain is here too.

No sign of the kissing bandit. ;D

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Archie Phillips didn't make it?! DAMN!!

Hey Greg Crain, sent your wife??? I have only one word..... it's worse than coward and Ken would ban me for saying it.

You really sent your wife by herself after all the questions?!?! SMFH

3. michael p.

Oops ;)

4. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

She was at the Louisiana show too.

5. michael p.

Brave man huh???

Who sends his wife when he is the head of a National Organization that has questions to be answered?

NTABOD....... that's your LEADER?

I know no man who would not be, as executive director, there to answer the questions of the taxidermy community.

Seriously, that would be like Harry, Fred or myself sending our wife's to the board meeting. The (I can't say the word) can't even face the community himself at the largest taxidermy show on this planet?

He accused JJ of taking a vacation at the SCI show. Russel Knight & John Janelli were set to run the booth..... Cindy brought her momma as a 'shield'..... sicker & sicker every day.

Mr. Bill, stop stalking & speak, got any reason for this idiocy?

6. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Glad you guys are having a good time.

Concerning Greg Crain, JMO, BUT I would think with all the turmoil, rumor and accusation he would want to be out front making the statement - I've done nothing wrong. These people are FOS. I'm your Leader. I'm the man to lead this Org. into the future.

I guess he did make a statement after all.

7. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

everyone should be shooting questions at his wife......make her wish she wouldn't have come

8. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I just got home, but while I was there I offered my Cadillac for services if it was needed. No takers yet.

Biggest Show Ever?? Not sure, but there is 182 masters entries alone. Somewhere near 1000 mounts total. There is literally no room left in the show room. Motel is sold out also. I guess everyone heard that this is the ONLY big show this year. Supply room was a hopping. NO room left there either. I guess when you do things right, people want to come.

The NTA was well represented by JJ and Russell Knight. Shaking hands, posing with convention goers for photos. Doing some REAL pr work. All activity was about 5 to 10 feet in front of the table. At the table were two assumed secretaries. They arranged and rearranged the same stack of flyers over and over and over again. That must be a real important job, whatever that job is. Just wondering what that cost the NTA membership to have two secretaries there stacking flyers all weekend. Seems to me it would have been a lot cheaper to have them do that at home. I mean, headquarters. No sign of Greg Crain anywhere. I guess that neck injury prohibits him from traveling very far. I assume the secretaries were there on vacation best I can figure.

9. Michael P. I guess we can tell he ain't from TEXAS, sending his wife into the flame. A TEXECAN would have went himself and straightened out this whole mess. If it could be straightened out by now. Will be fun to see hoe it unfolds and then we can say bye bye.

10. You guys are at the BIGGEST Taxidermy show in the USA. Damm and I am working in my orchard, getting all my berries & fruit trees pruned.

What is this about No Greg Crain ??? LOL Must be his Attorney told him not to go!!!!!!!!!lmao

Ask all the questions you can to the one that gets PAID and ownes the Company that gets paid to run the NTA, Ask The owner of Membership Management Services. Ask Her all the questions you can.

Have fun every one. Pics pics pics.....

Gregg I

ps: if you don't post any pics I 'm going to send my wife out there !!!!!

11. Just hang on there will be pictures. Takes time to get things done. Hand me an old adding machine, yea the one with a handle I can work it, but computers I am still learning.

Oh this is rocket science, why do I say that, NASA still buys up every Atari 2600 from ebay to launch the few rocket bummer will allow them to.

12. So glad things are going well and youns are having so much fun :p (jealous raspberries LOL) Definitely can't wait for pics!

On the other subject...
    Well, I promise you if my husband thought for one minute there were "dangerous malcontents" roaming around a function, the same ones that I would need security scheduled for another function to protect me from, he darn sure wouldn't send me by myself along w/ an elderly woman into that situation. :eek:
    I'm just saying