1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Crash at the WTC.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by John C, May 10, 2013.

1. I dont know exactly what happened. but I was told some had a turkey display he had planned for 8 years, here at the show.

National geographic is here filming and had stage lights set up and one set feel on the comp entry. Waiting to find out how it belonged to??

2. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

What?

3. OH CRAP!!!

4. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Before or after judging?

5. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

00ps!!!!!!

6. tim martin

tim martin New Member

It was Tim Jordan.

7. bw

bw New Member

Well, we should start a club!!!

Some guy was wading through the piles of mounts in the halls during mount removal trying to tear down the metal railing that was surrounding the Master of Masters and Combined artist pieces. The last few rails happened to be between my 3 entries and a few others. We were trying to get them out as quickly as possible....but this idiot just couldn't wait. He stumbles around through the birds and kicks my wigeon, and as it's falling over he grabs it by the head to keep it from hitting the ground. As he does that, one of the rails he is carrying falls to the ground and he blocks it from hitting my bird with his leg. I was only a few feet away to begin with, and was on high alert watching him from the get go. I rush over and grab my bird while he gets his rails under control.

The best part is this.....He has the balls to say to me....."I probably would have been fine if you hadn't yelled". I certainly don't remember yelling, but I'm sure some type of sound came from my mouth as I watched a customer piece crashing to the ground.

I assume it was probably hotel staff. There's no way any taxidermist would have been climbing over mounts the way these guys were.

Sorry to hear about Tim's turkey. Guess I was pretty lucky to just have damage I could repair.

8. It was Tim's, He pulled the mount before judging so I believe it can be entered again next show.

What a shame, but two of his birds got crushed.

I hope Nat Geo compensated him for his travels and stuff.

9. I was in the room working when this happened. It was a terrible incident BUT it was an accident. Everyone involved was sickened by what happened. Talks as to how to resolve the matter have began between all parties involved.

Tim Jordan is a class act and, though terribly upset by what happened, he handled it like the Professional and Gentleman he is. He made a decision to remove the piece from the competition and this should be respected. He did what he believed was best for him.

No need to throw anyone under the bus here about the matter. It will get sorted out in time but no matter the compensation that will come.... I truly believe the best entry was setting in a trailer in the parking lot and that is the consensus of many that got to see the piece.

10. Frog

Frog New Member

Thats a terrible thing to have happen. Hope all works out well for those involved.

On a lighter note, too bad it didn't land on mine. I would have felt bad when their lights were destroyed by the impact. I believe mine would have survived the impact.

11. Frog ... yours would have survived being hit by a bus....lol

I REALLY liked your piece...that was cool. Congrats on your award.

12. tim martin

tim martin New Member

Tim Jordan is class act!! I would have not expected anything less from! Terrible that it evened happened, but accidents happen!

13. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

X2

14. redog76

redog76 New Member

Maybe this is wrong, but I would love to see the crime scene pics.

Tim is truly a class act, and he did the right thing. I never got any view of it, but I heard it was awesome.

Accidents happen, but they happen more when people who don't understand get lackadaisical.

15. davehyer

davehyer New Member

Yeah I would love to see a pic also

16. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I also want to see a picture but I can understand why it might not be a good idea.
    If he plans to repair the mount and enter it in another show then it's probably best to keep it under wraps.