1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

CONGRATULATIONS TO TWO GREAT FISHHEADS!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, May 11, 2013.

1. Congratulations Frank on your BIG WIN.......Well done....

Also, what a wonderful letter you have written pointing towards Rick, heartfelt and touching....

Gene

2. aspenangler@hotmail.com

[email protected] B+______><(((°>______><(((°>

Congratulations to both of you!! Any pictures??

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Congrats to both gentlemen!

4. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Congratulations to both men. Tremendous talent. Beautiful fish.

5. bnoody

bnoody Member

Finally got home and the reality is slowly starting to set in. I'm flattered by the judges decision and the number of compliments I received from my peers at the show.

Rick, I owe a big thanks to you. Since taking my first class with you, my work has made tremendous leaps forward. Those sticking points I had and could not see my way through have been melting away since I began to work with you. Sometimes it takes a while to get the information you work so hard to teach into this thick skull of mine, but some of it seems to be getting through. Thanks so much for your efforts toward improving all of the taxidermists you work with. I really think you are a significant influence regarding how the quality of fish taxidermy has moved forward as far as it has with so many people.

I have not had time to go through all of my pictures yet, but here is one of my striper from the show.

[​IMG]

6. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

I was extremely lucky to be there, what a thrill! Big thumbs up to both of you guys! I love when fish get the recognition they truly deserve, awesome!!!!!!!!!!

7. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Congratulation to both of you!!!!! Ollie

8. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

I love the fact that fish guys get some well deserved recognition as I echo Paul's thought! Frank I'm still teary eyed after reading what you wrote but one thing for sure we all are students as we will always be as long as the fire burns in our bellies! I'm so very proud of you both beyond words! What a great day for all of us and what a great industry to share what we love so much as well we share so much talent and inspiration with all who share the love of taxidermy! I'm so proud as I mentioned in the original post to know these tow men as so many others over the years who I have had the humble pleasure to to be inspired by and to get to work with as an instructor of fish taxidermy. I learn as much as I teach and I have benefited by so many friendship as this community is one of the most giving and wonderful communities of beautiful souls anyone could ever be touched by!

Again the most sincere and deepest congratulations and thank you both for the kind words! It is your effort that takes what you learn and make it a reality by your own hands! This is your time to enjoy the day and don't forget the tenant of hard work and a plan that makes it all come together!
    Frank you are always a Anglers Artistry Family member! It is a proud day here for sure and it is again why I love this industry so much as a instructor to be able to watch people take their talent and grow it into something so inspiring! Congratulations!

Your friend

Rick Krane

9. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

Congratulations to both of you!

10. jt

jt Member

PA
    Congrats guys!

11. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Congratulations Brian and Frank.....would have loved to have seen the mounts in person....someday I will. And Frank, quit making Rick cry.... ;D

12. great job you two~

13. BMW

BMW New Member

Fantastic fish Gentlemen. Both were inspiring. Spent quite a bit of time just admiring these two pieces.
    Congrats to you both!!!

14. Way to go guys. Great job.

15. steelheaderPNW

steelheaderPNW No school like the Oldschool

Can someone post pictures of the mentioned fish for those of us unable to attend?

16. v.fleming

v.fleming New Member

Congrats to both Brian and Frank, outstanding pieces.

17. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Ok here is a pic of it from the PA show. The only difference from this and the world show is I added another carved fish to the base to make it work better. Thanks to Matt and Terry talking to me about it.

Attached Files:

18. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Thank you Ken Edwards for the pic.

Attached Files:

19. dakotabill

dakotabill Member

Congrats guys, although I gave up fish quiet a while ago I still love to look at some of the newer techniques that have come into play the last few years with all the unbalieveable layering of colors, pearls, irridecents and so on. Some beautiful SMOKING pieces. Great Job!!!