1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Striped Bass at WTC

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Ed, May 12, 2013.

1. Ed

Ed Member

Does anyone have a picture of the stripped bass at the WTC and know who mounted this gorgeous piece of art? The tag said entry no. 50 Ed

2. Re: Stripped Bass at WTC

Brian Noody I think was the guy! I looked it over well super mount,

3. bnoody

bnoody Member

Re: Stripped Bass at WTC

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the compliments, I brought the striper. Below is a picture from the show. I don't have any real good ones yet as I was tuning it all the way to the last minute before entering the piece. These silver fish are really hard to get a good picture of.

[​IMG]

4. v.fleming

v.fleming New Member

Brian, one of the best fish I have ever seen mounted. When I first walked in the room and seen it, it drew me straight to it and would not let me walk away. Simply breathtaking. Congrats on your World Title and Best Of Show!

5. Re: Stripped Bass at WTC

great piece!! what next? deer heads? congrats buddy! see you in June at the N.E.A.T. show.

6. Re: Stripped Bass at WTC

Congrats Brian!! Looks like a sweet piece you put together. Way to go !!

7. bnoody

bnoody Member

Thanks Guys,

Pete I just might do a deer for our show next year, it's been 20 years since I competed with deer, but I wouldn't mind playing around with a few. I can probably get the paint right on the nose, but you guys will beat me up on the rest of it I'm sure. ;)

Chris, while you can't see it in this picture, I used one of your bases for the foot of the stirper base.

Bri

8. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

First off Brian, let me say Congratulations. Secondly, I'm not a fish guy, BUT was talking with a well known fish judge at the show. I asked him if he had a piece there to which he replied...no. He said, did you see that stripper? Glad I didn't try to compete because I couldn't touch that fish. It is incredible. I've never seen this person on here, so I thought I would pass along his comments. He was impressed to say the least. Thought you would like to know. Tim

9. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK

Brian, your are a tremendous talent and your pieces are awesome.

10. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

X2!

11. Re: Stripped Bass at WTC

Looks Awesome Brian. See you at the N.E.A.T. show.

12. Ed

Ed Member

Thanks Brian for the response and the picture. Absolutely awesome. If you do a video on a stripper sign me up Ed

13. Waterfowler

Waterfowler New Member

Yep congrats Brian..... I'm glad I told you I liked him better than the trout. ( Lol mom stills says he has to come to Texas now). But in all honesty that was the easiest best of show pick in the room. One of those pieces that you can't quit looking at and loving what you see. Congrats again buddy! You deserved it!

14. Riverland

Riverland New Member

Also one of the best fish I have seen at a show in a long time. Very deserving of everything it won.

15. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Before this, the very best striper mount I had ever seen was done by George Dante. But with all the nice comments Ive heard about your fish, now I cant wait to see it! I know your other fish work has been good too, so again, I cant wait. Congrats on your big and latest win Brian.

16. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Congrads Brian. I heard you won with the stripper but not one picture of it from anyone. If you come to the Jersey show this year, you can bring it but can't enter it, LOL. Your Pickerel was one of my favorites mounts not being a fish guy, I'm sure this latest will top that, congratulations again, your the fish head man.l

17. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

You can bring strippers to the NJ show? Hmmm, sounds like Kerr had something to do with that... 8)

18. Congrats Brian your striper was simply amazing, and I just want to say YOU'RE GOOD!

19. bnoody

bnoody Member

Thanks for all the compliments guys, I'm really flattered that so many like the mount. So often what I have in my head doesn't turn out quite as I envisioned. This piece evolved quite a bit as I worked through it and the composition in the end was much different than I initially envisioned. Fortunately I gave myself just enough time to allow for some adjustments along the way.

Paul, I posted a picture on the first page of this thread, not the greatest shot of it, but I will be displaying it at the New England show. I will not compete with this one again, time to take what I learned from the three judges and put it to work in the next piece. Maybe I'll have a bird for the NJ show. ;)

20. BMW

BMW New Member

Congrats Brian! What a beautiful fish.
    The compliments are very well deserved!!! I'm glad to have been able to see it in person. It's truly a magnificent piece.
    Brett