1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My letter to the NTABOD's.........where is yours??

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., May 14, 2013.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

To: archiephillips08@yahoo.com; cjanelli59@aol.com; bhay@numail.org; sinclairsjj@aol.com; dave@davehaletaxidermy.com; bowhunter65@yahoo.com; jordantaxidermy@yahoo.com; tinkerstaxidermy@aol.com; kinchel3@att.net; mitcher64@yahoo.com; info@second2naturesupply.com; marylou.crabtree@gmail.com; knights@alaska.net; prairiedrifter@hughs.net; dixieman@otelco.net; ntahq@aol.com
    Subject: BOD's what's next?
    Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 14:14:53 -0500

When will an entire board wake up? How long will this go on? For years those asking questions have simply been cast off or labeled 'malcontents'. These malcontents are your industry and now by the end of this week you will have several states labeled as malcontents as they cast off your Executive director & his wife from their state shows.....THE INDUSTRY IS SICK OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy Crain, I was, as was everybody else nice to you this weekend, I even shook your mothers hand. I saw you bolt from that booth when those papers were delivered as was many other witnesses. What were you running from? WHY on earth if there was a reason to 'escape' did you leave your mother sitting there?!

Bill Haynes, I emailed you this morning asking why you all did this and you said you had nothing to do with it. I told you of a conversation that a group of us had with Kathy Blomquist in the supply area later that evening and she politely stated that she was a little beside herself because she and Larry had peronally asked that Cindy not come to their show as they feared a problem just such as this could arise. You told me 'Kathy would NOT tell Cindy not to come. They are good friends'. Now I find out that not only did they ask her not to come, they sent a documented email asking her not to come! So are Kathy & Larry now liar's Mr. Haynes, or are you?

Tinker Johnson. I called you once and you told me on several occasions 'I am a hillbilly and this is how I do things'.......I sure am damn glad that Mr. Janelli did not act like a hillbilly when the selfish attempt to discredit and embarrasse him at the World Taxidermy Show presented itself. Tinker you also told me that the NTA is a 'private organization' that is above Federal & State law. I do not know who fed you that bull s*** but i'm gonna inform you of something that even a simple hillbilly can understand........you are NOT above this industrys self imposed World Show etiquette law and there is an entire industry that is pissed.

Greg & Cindy, you have crossed many lines, but your combined actions at the Worlds has crossed the threshold of decency.

Greg Crain, I do have a question. Last year at your show you handed out flyers to hotel staff & security with Fred & Harry's picture on them and informed them that these were two very dangerous men that had threatened harm and were a threat to security of all NTA members......yet last week you sent your wife and her mother alone, without protection, to be in the same room where you knew these two men would also be standing. Many times just a few short feet away from your wife. How/why could a husband send his wife into what you said less than a year ago was an imminent threat? Are you sure your mind is stable enough to make decisions for an industrys organization after clearly it does not have the God given common sense to make a decision regarding your wife & mother in-laws personal safety given your personal feelings of fear at the hands of Fred & Harry.

Mrs Marylou Crabtree, could you ever imagine Mr. Audie putting you in such a position? Neither could we, he wouldn't. But your executive Director put his wife there.

Mrs. Crain, you saw that room, you saw the suppliers, you saw the almost 500 piece comp room and you saw the 1200 in family and participants that showed up. You and your husband could have had that. ALL OF THAT. But the consistent bullying of board members, attempts at discrediting heroed taxidermist's who had simple 'questions' turned people away. It is you and your husbands actions against others that has brought shame to an entire industry.

NTABOD's, you know that it would take no less than 4 NTA shows to create the magnitude of just that one show last weekend. Do you realize that there were more people at that one show than the combineD NTA membership, life members included! The NTA is not dead, but it's on life support. After that little stunt pulled this weekend you have lost any heartbeat you had left.

It's time to stop using those dumb a** terms such as malcontents and disgraced former member. One of those disgraced former members was one of the top judges in the masters division at the Worlds....a show 4 times bigger than Mr. Crain could dream of putting on after years of manipulations and threats. Stop letting him make you people look like puppets. It's not the economy as he likes to tell you, Larry Blomquist just had his biggest show ever!! Why can't the NTA? Because the industry does not trust Greg & Cindy Crain or the people backing him.......THEY ARE SICK OF IT!

The industry is sick of the Crains, NTABOD's, do not let them get sick of you too. It's time to fire them and move forward. If they threaten litigation, let them sue, then the books will have to opened for the defense and world to see.

Set the industry free, let the NTA flourish.........FIRE THEM!

Sincerely,
    Michael P. Schlabach

2. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I spent the weekend listening to many who are disappointed that our industries association is no longer an association for our industry. Many are hurt, some are sad, most are angry. I was asked many times, are we going to kill the NTA? Some seem to think we can and should while others hope we don't, but the common thread amongst most was simply PLEASE get rid of the Crains. I have not the power to correct or fix anything, only report what I find and what I hear. I have spent countless hours reading searching and questioning, but have nothing to show for it other than more questions without answers. Questions that some seem to be allowed to avoid answering. Does not the membership deserve those answers? Why is it that my membership is being denied when I witnessed Cindy signing up new members all weekend without board approval yet when I was asked to join and my identity revealed I was told I had to get board approval. Not that I expect anything differently, I've become accustom to it but is this really an association of our industry that I proudly am a part of? Mr. Larry has never treated me with any sort of prejudice. He was very gracious towards me all weekend long. I felt honored to be there as well as excepted. Is it really a board decision? If so, why can't the board make a decision about me? It would seem that a decision has already been made, but no-one will inform me. With all that said; the same question arises about the current E.D. from those with whom I've spoken. When will the board make a decision to stop the things that have turned the membership away from this association? I have done the association no harm, nor do I intend to. However can the same be said about Greg and Cindy Crain? Evidence says not. For the last several months we have been active in reporting our findings. Findings that leave many questions unanswered. Is this really an association of the members industry? I for one think not. Many have signed petition letters to have the inner workings of the NTA investigated by the authorities. An action we will continue to pursue, but doesn't the question of why so many unanswered questions leave a sour taste in everyone's mouth? I would surely hope so. The time has come for the board to listen to and hear the memberships voice. The voice that says; Fire the Crains or let the NTA die on the vine. That is the choices you have. The membership is done. They are tired of the continued scepticism over how things are being ran. Their trust of the board and HQ has diminished completely. I say these things not as a Keyboard Cowboy, but as a reporting concerned taxidermist. Will the board listen? I sure hope so. The time is now to resurrect the NTA. Baton Rouge will be a buzzing in July if but one thing happens between now and then. The voices of reason have spoken. It is time to fire the Crains and rebuild the NTA. Otherwise I don't think many will be in Baton Rouge come July. Save the Crains or save the Industries Association. That choice is yours Board of Directors.

3. Ted B

Ted B Active Member

Here's my simple solution. BURN this ****er to the ground

4. taxi_grl_ga

taxi_grl_ga Active Member

Hey Mikey, is it ok for me to copy and paste the addresses you posted into my address bar?? (i don't think I have all of the necessary recipients in my contact list)

aaaaaand here is a copy of my letter:

Dear NTA Board of Directors,

I would like to start off by stating openly how proud I am of President John Janelli for showcasing true grace under fire at the World Taxidermy Championships show this past weekend. His reaction to being publicly embarrassed AGAIN was one which I would expect from a true leader and is commendable. I would also like to state that I sincerely hope the despicable actions carried out against him while representing your association on the show floor by your own staff and fellow board member(s) got your full and undivided attention. I can see from several posts on the forum of Taxidermy.net that is has in fact not only gotten the attention of, but has also spurred many individuals and state association presidents to act negatively in your favor that were idly watching or even neutral beforehand. This should outrage you to your very core if you’ve any interest in a positive future for the NTA. I feel that Greg Crain, Cindy Crain, “Tinker” Johnson, Bill Haynes and any others found to be involved should be relieved of their current positions and denied any future NTA affiliation immediately and permanently. If they’re lacking in respect for the association enough to organize such a grand scene at one of the most revered taxidermy shows in the world, then who is to say there will never be a repeat display? Being a young taxidermist, I hate to see such a stain on an association that was founded around educating artists like myself...it’s discouraging to say the least. I want opportunities, not corruption. I want growth, not mismanagement. I want to be a proud NTA member one day and know that any accomplishments I achieve through my association’s competitions and information gained at seminar attendance will be just as valid the day that I retire as they were the day that they were earned. I would like an honorable association, and that can only come from the efforts of honorable people. Honor does not come without bravery, and there will always be strength in numbers. Stand behind your president, stand with your members.

Sincerely,
    -Janna

5. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Cut the money and the NTA will die, Plain and simple, If you want to be part of a taxidermy organization.. Join the UTA, I joined the UTA as it seems like a good organization, money well spent, and the money going in the hands of what I feel are responsible people.. This will be on a year to year basis as I think people or organizations can change in a lifetime.. (look at this mess). Again, stop feeding the hand that slaps you in the face.. it will dry up, it will be gone, and it will be History.. Too easy..

6. michael p.

Yes Janna you can...Jesse, most have.

7. taxi_grl_ga

thank you!

8. nalley1952

nalley1952 New Member

I sent one a few weeks ago advising them how shameful the NTA was acting. The only ones to respond were the Janelli's!!!! Not one other response!

9. You can all us this link,

http://www.tri-ponds.com/index_075.htm

It has all the e mails, But opps forgot to put HQ on there.

Gregg Ielfield

10. huntin_justin

huntin_justin New Member

I emailed all of them a few weeks ago and got about 6 replys back. 4 members that I feel can truely make a difference, one stating he doesnt use the internet much and had no time to answer questions, and one that I felt was kind of trying to threaten me for asking questions. I hope one day the NTA will be strong, but for now I will wait and see, but there will have to be changes before they ever get any of my hard earned dollars.

11. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

Dear NTA BOD,

I am writing to express my concerns over the current state of affairs within the organization. What once was a thriving association serving the interests of all taxidermists has become a withering shell of itself that serves the interests of a few. What's worse is the fact that those who have dared to question the status quo have been ostracized, intimidated, and just plain ignored. The number of board members that have resigned or been forced out is but one harbinger of the turmoil plaguing the NTA.

While I do not have facts to support any wrongdoing by the Executive Director, Membership Management, or certain Board Members, there is enough evidence being offered by others to at least warrant a full inquiry into these matters. At the very least, the Board should direct the Executive Director to make available to any concerned parties all financial records of the NTA without requiring said parties to jump through a long series of hoops.

As for the accusations against John Janelli, I believe them to be false. I believe that John has the best interests of the NTA as his main objective and I fully support him. The act of "serving" Mr. Janelli with quasi-legal papers written on Tinker's Taxidermy letterhead at the World Show is down right classless. Further, cancelling his NTA issued credit card while he was on a flight to Reno to represent our organization at the SCI show was plain despicable. Those who participated in that act have absolutely no business serving on the leadership of any organization.

In conclusion, I am saddened with the current state of the NTA. Now is the time to right the ship before it sinks altogether. Each of you holds the power to do just that and leave a legacy for yourself as having been the ones who helped turn the organization around for the good of all taxidermists. The alternative is to allow the Executive Director, his wife, and a select few board members to continue down the spiraling path the NTA is on, leaving a broken organization as your legacy. Further, let me remind each of you that you are bound by law to do your fiduciary duty to the organization and its membership. That duty includes investigating all claims of mismanagement by the Crains, regardless of your relationship with them. To do otherwise opens you up to possible criminal charges as an accomplice. Your attendance or lack thereof at the May 17-18 meeting will show which side you are on.

Sincerely,
    James Parrish

12. Huntin Justin, I know I have not received any email from you.

James Parish so noted.

13. michael p.

Damn James.... you need to be a biographer!!

The emails and replies have begun, it's closer & closer. Unlike Mr. Crain said, 'THE NTA NEEDS TO HIDE INFO FROM THE ENEMIES!!! (BYW, WTF says that running a not for profit? Idiot :) )

The truth will set you free!!

Bill, you DO UNDERSTAND that the NTABOD's is a continuous action. One's actions reflect another's.

Instead of stating what you did, why not state 'I will look into the actions taken at the 'Taxidermy World Show' and end it.

The term of defiance is OVER. The year of coming to grips has just begun. Every board member will treat practicing Taxidermist, such as Janna, with respect. The time of telling Taxidermist's in Canada and others to 'keep your opinion in your own country' has come to an end.

There is a new decorum and respect that will be presented to the entire taxidermy industry by a National Taxidermist Director. You represent not just the NTA, but an INDUSTRY!

Mr. Bill, change is around the corner. The realm of bullying is gone and the time of welcoming has begun. Please adjust your attitude to the future, not the past.

Sincerely,
    Michael P. Schlabach

To: foxys.taxidermy@gmail.com; ielfield@frontiernet.net; tthacker@frontiernet.net; michaelschlabach@hotmail.com; archiephillips08@yahoo.com; cjanelli59@aol.com; sinclairsjj@aol.com; dave@davehaletaxidermy.com; bowhunter65@yahoo.com; jordantaxidermy@yahoo.com; tinkerstaxidermy@aol.com; kinchel3@att.net; mitcher64@yahoo.com; info@second2naturesupply.com; marylou.crabtree@gmail.com; knights@alaska.net; prairiedrifter@hughs.net; dixieman@otelco.net; ntahq@aol.com
    Subject: Re: NTA BOD: Please take the following into consideration...
    Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 21:11:03 -0400

Dear Foxy
    You don't know me from Adam's house cat. You also don't know crap about what goes on in the NTA. Please, in the future,
    leave my name out of your emails. "I want to be a proud NAT member one day " tells me you are not a member of the NTA, never have
    been one, and are not inclined to be one, yet you can pass judgement and criticism on people you have never met, and don't intend
    on meeting.
    I was not at the WTC, yet you find no problem including me in your diatribe. Take my name out of your email address book, and don't
    email me again.
    Bill Haynes
    NTA Board Member

----- Original Message -----
    To: ielfield@frontiernet.net ; Tim Thacker ; michaelschlabach@hotmail.com ; archiephillips08@yahoo.com ; cjanelli59@aol.com ; bhay@numail.org ; sinclairsjj@aol.com ; dave@davehaletaxidermy.com ; bowhunter65@yahoo.com ; jordantaxidermy@yahoo.com ; tinkerstaxidermy@aol.com ; kinchel3@att.net ; mitcher64@yahoo.com ; info@second2naturesupply.com ; marylou.crabtree@gmail.com ; knights@alaska.net ; prairiedrifter@hughs.net ; dixieman@otelco.net ; ntahq@aol.com
    Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:00 PM
    Subject: NTA BOD: Please take the following into consideration...

Dear
    NTA Board of Directors,

I
    would like to start off by stating openly how proud I am of President John
    Janelli for showcasing true grace under fire at the World Taxidermy
    Championships show this past weekend. His reaction to being publicly
    embarrassed AGAIN was one which I would expect from a true leader and is
    commendable. I would also like to state that I sincerely hope the despicable
    actions carried out against him while representing your association on the
    show floor by your own staff and fellow board member(s) got your full and
    undivided attention. I can see from several posts on the forum of
    Taxidermy.net that is has in fact not only gotten the attention of, but has
    also spurred many individuals and state association presidents to act
    negatively in your favor that were idly watching or even neutral beforehand.
    This should outrage you to your very core if you've any interest in a positive
    future for the NTA. I feel that Greg Crain, Cindy Crain, “Tinker” Johnson,
    Bill Haynes and any others found to be involved should be relieved of their
    current positions and denied any future NTA affiliation immediately and
    permanently. If they’re lacking in respect for the association enough to
    organize such a grand scene at one of the most revered taxidermy shows in the
    world, then who is to say there will never be a repeat display? Being a young
    taxidermist, I hate to see such a stain on an association that was founded
    around educating artists like myself...it’s discouraging to say the least. I
    want opportunities, not corruption. I want growth, not mismanagement. I want
    to be a proud NTA member one day and know that any accomplishments I achieve
    through my association’s competitions and information gained at seminar
    attendance will be just as valid the day that I retire as they were the day
    that they were earned. I would like an honorable association, and that can
    only come from the efforts of honorable people. Honor does not come without
    bravery, and there will always be strength in numbers. Stand behind your
    president, stand with your members.

Sincerely,

-Janna

14. huntin_justin

huntin_justin New Member

John, I know JJ said some of my email addresses were old and he would forward the email on but you might have been missed. I see your email above and can forward you my email. Thanks for letting me know.

Justin

15. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

CURRENTLY ON LINE: 162 Guests, 129 Users
    bmdakk (Bryan), Glen L, goosegunner3, Keeshadilla, HOOKJAW, Kraig, Bluewolfcheetah, smittys llc, brigham boy, muskrat man, ELMER GANTRY, Johnny Wishbone, Scoffey575, Buckhorn TS, Ron F, drewt202, george p, heatherc., WST, duckhntr594, Grandullón, Jim Willard, newbirdman, SpringCreek94, Sikk, mayermark, Chad's Taxidermy WI., arby, manzquad, Rich P., Webster, MR. Brad, Wild Heritage, Cory, wet9500, Doug Montgomery, MITCHELL4, DJ II, hidenorhair, Five-O Taxidermy, smillsap, Buddha14524, NJLungbuster, Hovland, Perca, RandyB423, rossco, Hillbillywilly, Hendrix, Fowl Water, Lefty, Kerby Ross, BUCKHUNTER15, taxi_grl_ga, WPTAX, Safari12, Cripplecreek, Rimrock Tannery, DeRayle, Haz, ericfamilee, dipper, Kings Of The North Taxidermy, fishindad, Jared Green, Fawn, featherman, JBL, paulbunyan, Cole, josh s., Carl Wurm, WildlifeLegends, Driftless, Sarmite, ram, James Parrish, wildwoodpark, toms, Michael B, DOUG H, Andy, snowkillerlssu, mark73, Dritt, Tim, jimbo72, OutdoorCreations, solocam79, Lpoe, highlander, Bill Dishman, osbornetaxidermy, Wildside, Bill Haynes, Kendall, eagleone, Mike S., 1fish2fish, Lutzy3, Grummpy, NJ Eric, Matt Marulli (OTT), Jeff Glaid, Jason O, CJ64, Pheasant-Hollow, GATORTRAX, kes, shadowride69, Instructor, hunter4ever, noid, pats.pets, beagleboy6, 4buck, gitrdonerighttaxidermy, jwool, capnmike, jbhunter86, ZT8120, kbcountry, J Brown II, Dangitboy, KLibby, Desert View, wwkfish, sierra_moon, charlie w

16. ELMER GANTRY

ELMER GANTRY **THE DISTANCE OF GOOSE**

Quote from: michael p. on Today at 12:21:59 AM

To: foxys.taxidermy@gmail.com; ielfield@frontiernet.net; tthacker@frontiernet.net; michaelschlabach@hotmail.com; archiephillips08@yahoo.com; cjanelli59@aol.com; sinclairsjj@aol.com; dave@davehaletaxidermy.com; bowhunter65@yahoo.com; jordantaxidermy@yahoo.com; tinkerstaxidermy@aol.com; kinchel3@att.net; mitcher64@yahoo.com; info@second2naturesupply.com; marylou.crabtree@gmail.com; knights@alaska.net; prairiedrifter@hughs.net; dixieman@otelco.net; ntahq@aol.com
    Subject: Re: NTA BOD: Please take the following into consideration...
    Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 21:11:03 -0400

Dear Foxy
    You don't know me from Adam's house cat. You also don't know crap about what goes on in the NTA. Please, in the future,
    leave my name out of your emails. "I want to be a proud NAT member one day " tells me you are not a member of the NTA, never have
    been one, and are not inclined to be one, yet you can pass judgement and criticism on people you have never met, and don't intend
    on meeting.
    I was not at the WTC, yet you find no problem including me in your diatribe. Take my name out of your email address book, and don't
    email me again.
    Bill Haynes
    NTA Board Member

Mister Bagdad Bill, Mister Bagdad Bill, Mister Bagdad Bill ;D........where's the respect :eek:

What's Adams house cat got to do, got to do with it ;D ;D ;D. If my memory serves me RIGHT I think "Foxy" was a FORMER member and is one that wants to be a "PROUD" member once AGAIN after "we" get all the dirt swept out from under the carpet and get all you incontinent's Depends changed, and get things back on a level playing field ;). You wanted to be a Director, Foxy sent the letter to ALL the Directors so suck it up Bagdad Bill, complaints come with the territory. If the skillet gets too hot, feel free to jump out of it ;D ;D ;D

The reason for my troubles in penning this response was none of the above, but for your statement " yet you can pass judgement and criticism on people you have never met, and don't intend on meeting." Do "we" have to draw you a [expletive deleted]ing picture. Go re-read Fred's Mirror post.

We're "Morons," "Malcontents," "Keyboard Cowboys, ect." what in the hell have you and your social elites off 108 Branch Blvd. been puking out your pie holes for years! "Judgement and criticism on people you have never met" Hypocrites' you are!

Yours and the NTA's criticism is justified, and heed this advice given free gratis, the NTA WILL be OPEN to ALL taxidermist as the Articles and mission statement of the BYLAWS state or there will be NO NTA. That choice is yours, it won't be an option once "we" commence action, which I might add is a very, very short period of time.

That means antlerman, Michael P, Harry, Fred, Megan, Janna, members ad infinitum..........whoever wants to be a member SHALL!

"We" have been sitting back watching your latest actions in the fervent hope that "we" wouldn't have to NUKE the entity to shed yourselves of the cancer you, yourself created with the help of some misguided Directors back in 07. You know what I am talking about so I won't belabor myself to draw you a picture!

Don't go dilly-dally on me, time is of the essence, our fuse is getting short and the masses are calling for ACTION.

Your friend,
    Elmer

Quote from: Hoytman on Yesterday at 06:48:17 PM

Cut the money and the NTA will die, Plain and simple, If you want to be part of a taxidermy organization.. Join the UTA, I joined the UTA as it seems like a good organization, money well spent, and the money going in the hands of what I feel are responsible people.. This will be on a year to year basis as I think people or organizations can change in a lifetime.. (look at this mess). Again, stop feeding the hand that slaps you in the face.. it will dry up, it will be gone, and it will be History.. Too easy..

Quote from: Ted Befus on Yesterday at 04:56:35 PM

Here's my simple solution. BURN this [expletive deleted] to the ground

Jesse, Ted

"We" are well aware of the options you suggested. That would be the easy way out , and are some of the options "we" have considered.

Having said that "we" have made a concerted effort to look at the whole picture. There are presently app. 500 lifetime members who thought enough of the entity in question to fork over $500.00 or more each. There are others who have invested time and money and all that would be for naught if we took the simple way out and nuked the entity beyond its ability to recover. "We" have spent several hundred hours into investigation, and talks on how best to proceed for the Association to reorganize/rehabilitate itself for the purpose it was initially intended for, "taxidermy and the "members."

Then there is the special concerns that "we" have to consider in that of Ms. Lola Haynes, the founding matron of the NTA. If memory serves me right she is about 91-92 years young now and "we" would like to see her wishes granted, and give her back the NTA that she and Charlie envisioned.

There are unseen forces and actions in play at present, hopefully after the actions of the past week at the World, and those prior that eventually have surfaced on the "taxi-net" some of the "cooler" heads involved within the NTA Board will say enough is enough, raise the white flag and come to the table and do what "we" think is the right move in the direction of salvation and a new direction. If not then "we" will turn over the known improprieties with the precision of a rifle shot, versus shotgunning information to the following governmental entities, the IRS, the Louisiana Attorney General, and Louisiana Secretary of State.

The NTA has spent in the neighborhood of $20,000 since 2010 to cull TWO of their less than 1000 current members. Those two haven't gone anywhere yet! I doubt they have enough money left to take on 3 more "malcontents" before bankruptcy looms.

EG

17. taxi_grl_ga

Thank you Michael for posting the email for me while I was resting peacefully...gotta love having them justice fightin' keyboard cowboys around to keep things straight!!

On another note, I'm glad I checked my PMs before checking my FoxyDermy email account or this thread this morning! It so happens another poster had responded positively to my letter in private. I experienced a moment of inspiration from the quick note, and my reply ended up being unexpectedly reflective......yet is coincidentally right on point for responding to the comments of Mister Haynes! Here is a copy of my response, minus name of intended recipient...not at anyone's request, but rather, out of RESPECT!

your compliment means a lot to me because I have always looked up to your "honest and accountable, even if it hurts" kind of attitude and have often appreciated your writings! Thank you so much! Taxidermy is my passion, I've loved animals for as long as I can remember. I never really had a solid answer when asked "Hey Janna, what do you want to be when you grow up?" until the first time I walked into a full time studio. I mumbled words like "veterinarian" "equine massage therapist" "dog groomer" when asked, but never felt true validation in any of those answers. My parents supported me, but one thing I realized right away was that learning opportunities were few, far from home, and expensive (considered against the fact that anything "normal" would have been paid for by the state's Hope Scholarship program and the Federal Pell Grant our income status qualified me for). I was fortunate, and ended up with an apprenticeship while I was in high school. Literally, the last door I knocked on within driving distance was my "yes man" and he introduced me to such things as: taxidermy.net, Breakthrough Magazine, WASCO, McKenzie, Jonas Bros, Competitions, and, last but not least, associations. The internet was still somewhat new to households when I was coming up, especially MY household! My parents weren't anything if not downright afraid of the dot com! At home, the computer was only for school work and AOL was for AdultsOnLy (yes, my mother wrote it ON a post-it that way ::) ) Learning resources were limited by what I could find at wal-mart, the library, and one particularly helpful clerk at our local book shop. I truly view that early opportunity at hands-on training to be a saving grace! Associations were to be the NEXT saving grace. I joined taxidermy.net, started talking to folks, and went to my first convention in 2009 as a lookie-loo...I was forced to join the NTA due to the 100% mandate, but was ignorant of it all back then and didn't ask questions, I just wanted in! I was invited to the PTA show in 2010, that time I made sure to pack the learning cap! I sat in on the first ever hands-on seminar that year, and when Mr. Voyer and Mr. Zimmerman were given awards for teaching the class it became clear to me what an association's purpose was, why they were necessary, and why it's important to support them. I remembered the NTA membership and decided to learn more about what I had accidentally paid into....perhaps it WAS a positive thing afterall and not just another required expense. What I started finding was controversy, but like most, I assumed the opinions expressed to be personal conflict-based and didn't put 100% trust in either side of the arguments. But, because there were negatives, I saved my cash and decided not to renew membership right away. I paid for a second year of PTA membership instead, with full intentions of returning to the show, which I did. I shared a LOT of conversations at those conventions. None of them were ever about the NTA. I believe it was later in 2011 that I met Tim Thacker for the first time at Gator Wars. Words passed easily between us and we covered a lot of ground, including his view of the NTA's situation...which was a perspective that I hadn't read about online yet. I still assumed the issues to be made up of personal infractions and ego for the most part, but I could see that there were just more people involved now that he knew were personally affected but NOT saying anything. As time has gone on, more and more people have spoken up about negative experiences, conflicting information, and lack of show turnouts regarding the NTA until here we sit today. Insults aside, some very heavy accusations have been lain on the plates of many. The flippant attitude the NTA met these accusations with was disturbing at first, but over the years it has festered into the sideshow of greed, animosity and deceit that we see today. I see actions against associations dedicated to learning taxidermy as a direct threat to my personal resources. Education is vital....even the trash man has to know how the f'n cans work! I believe one seminar can be equal to five breakthrough manuals if both given and received by the right people, why on EARTH would anyone want to hurt that? We are the next you, we're just not there yet....why not give us the best opportunity to understand flight possible before the fledge since the information has already been obtained? Fresh minds will always innovate...but not at a competitive rate if they're having to spend ten years learning to pound sand from stone. We already have sand....can't we just START there instead? The selfish actions of Crain&Co have thrown a wrench into the NTA's gears, with nobody to suffer EXCEPT for future generations (that includes ME!)! How dare they! It has taken quite a while, but I am finally upset. I don't usually speak out, I will admit that I am usually a watcher and not an act-er. I keep my opinions to myself unless asked, and keep my nose out of the business of others. I will do whatever I am asked to do that will help lance and ultimately either amputate or heal the wound the NTA has been given. I will always bear in mind that my own reputation is at stake with every word I write and will never act out of class if called to present myself in person. That being said, I am not submissive and will see this through to the end. I would love to be able to purchase a membership in Baton Rouge this year. Here's Hoping!!!!!

I am horribly sorry for "the book" but....just....thanks for noticing, and moreso, for taking time to LET me know you noticed. It's encouraging....because I am truly offering my best in this battle and it's never easy to put yourself out there.

- Janna!

18. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

and That is why the NTA must survive once gutted. Great letter Janna and yours too Elmer.

Folks, I know you all want updates but we are at a very sensitive time on the battle field. We are engaged and must stay on course at the present. There will be much to share very very soon. Until then, sit patiently. The trophy is in site. This hunt will be over soon.

19. This is what one Board member had to say to Mr. Bill

Members are urged and commended for contacting NTA board members with any issues, requests, or observations. It is your responsibility as a board member to review each communication and, if necessary, act upon it. If you no longer wish to accept the responsibilities of your position, please let us know.

Thank you to the Board members that want to fix the NTA.

Gregg Ielfield

20. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

I think I read it as it clearly says.........hell we can't keep a president any longer than eight years.....why should this group get to stay until they die? ..out with the old guard and in with the new.....none of this is really rocket science...have the balls to step aside and allow the membership to elect an entire new board....