1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Change of Management

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by NTAHQ, May 17, 2013.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Just a word of caution here. Rick Carter said it on another post. REGARDLESS of what has happened, the MEMBERSHIP needs to focus on the future and become involved. Decades of accusation and name calling will and should be handled directly by the Board of Directors and the President.

Currently, John Janelli is the NTA President. I would beg the BOD to immediately begin to work on proper protocol. Any decisions BY THE BOARD, need to be published by the President of that board. Individual board members need to unite BEHIND the president and not worry too much about foisting their own flags. For outsiders, that's the first indication that a board is beginning to work as a team of individuals instead of an individual padding his own cushion.

PLEASE, let's make this a positive thing and concentrate on the positives. The negatives only drag us backwards as a membership.

2. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    I still remain skeptical I guess, so does that mean all the jackassery on this forum by Mr bill is forgiven? I want to be a member but will still need more details. Cudos to mp, antlerman, Greg, harry and crew for working so hard. I'm on your side!

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Right now you have a 2/3 majority who said 'lets change!' For $65 I'm NOT going to sit back, be skeptical and wait. I'm sending in my check and becoming an ACTIVE MEMBER. Mr. Bill is one person in a 100,000 industry. That would be like waiting to see if the Desoto is going to make a comeback. Mr. Bill is 80 years old and has said a few things I bet he wishes he could take back. I'm 42 and say things every day I wish I could take back.

The membership needs to be involved to where there are assured honest elections and a positive communication from board members to both active and non-active members of the NTA.

Get in and get in now, do not wait and see if somebody warms up the hot tub, join now and make sure the changes are occurring.

4. Thanks, It was a huge team effort. Yes lets make the NTA move forward and become a huge new great assoc. we can all be proud of & to be a member.

All posivtive here now. :) :)

5. Brian Reinertson

Iowa
    I agree. I will get in and join Michael, it just that Tim Thacker is a friend of mine and I don't forget about what people say about my friends...

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I agree my friend, but I've never not fished in a pond where I know there's 100's of good channel cat simply because I heard there's 10 or 12 carp :)

7. Megan :)

Megan :) Well-Known Member

Thank you to everyone who made this happen! Wonderful to see such change! And Congrats to all reinstated members! :D ;D

8. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I received a phone call from the President and a pm from a board member. I guess I'm an NTA member in good standing now. Thank You for my exceptance. Ms. Lola.......I think we are headed in the right direction now ma'am. Our work is not done, but we are now on the right highway. To all who have been so supportive with your petitions, donations, words of encouragement.........we did it. Our voices were heard and the Board acted. Thank You board for being a board for the membership. It is the members that make the NTA what it is. Now instead of us asking for donations, petitions, and support, I ask that we all show our support by joining the NTA and by attending the convention. Lets show the board that we have some regained faith in them and that we truly do want the NTA to grow strong for all taxidermist WORLD WIDE.

9. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

While I can't make the convention "I will be sending in my check" this weekend.... And I will be removing all the entries on my Facebook Page and Add a new one promoting the New Direction of the NTA...... Persistence and Patience Pay Off..... To all those out there that took it on the chin "A Big Thanks"

10. Well said Tim,
    I look forward to meeting you , Mike, Elmer & all the rest of the great taxidermists that help make this happen.

Thank you to the board also.

We're looking at plane tickets now.

Gregg & Julia

11. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

I want to thank all you gentlemen for getting this accomplished. It was long overdue . Being with the NTA from the start it was sad to witness it's demise over the years.
    Mrs Lola sleep good tonight your child is off life support any healing and Harry Paulson have 2 drinks tonight one for each of us.
    Janelli ,the anchovy pizza is on me,THANKS GUYS !

12. Brian Reinertson

Iowa
    Now that is a great analogy, won't be long before the carp die off, or stay bottom feeders like they are.

13. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

and with this great news... I will become an active member again.

14. davehyer

davehyer Active Member

I'll be sending my money in to once again be a member. Good job to all who made this happen.

15. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Great to hear !!
    I too will be sending my check to rejoin our NTA.

16. Great news

17. Just wanted to say, I'm a nobody in the taxidermy industry, but I have been following along since Michael's episode began. Thank you ALL for your hard work, and dedication. I will definitely be joining the "new NTA"...! Great work everyone...!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

18. OK I have kept my mouth shut the whole time this has been going on. I have read and read and read all the things happening. However I do have something to say now.

COUNT ME IN !! Where so I send my membership fees???

19. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

Add me to the list also. I have been waiting for this day for many years.

20. Western Wildlife Art Studio

Western Wildlife Art Studio STUDIO PHONE (406) 356-2100

We will be renewing our MEMBERSHIP as well !