1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Change of Management

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by NTAHQ, May 17, 2013.

1. Crittercoroner

Crittercoroner DUDE, your uselessness is epic!

nj
    I'm glad I paid my dues a few months ago so I don't have to wait to send them in along with the rest of you. Welcome back Harry, Fred, and Mikey. I guess I'll be seeing you all in July.

Thanks to everyone who worked their butts off to get things back on track.

2. gab

gab Active Member

I disagree.to be the size it should be and to have the clout it deserves it needs to be directed by full time employees that answer to the board.the board needs to build the infrastructure they want and then place a qualified person to manage the day to day tasks.
    if that person just devoted a few hours a day to keeping the NTA website, facebook,etc current and interesting,it could pay big dividends in new members and new sponsors.this person needs ot have a management and promotion background,not a taxidermy background.strictly salary with no convoluted bonuses,but a performance review schedule with commiserate raises approved by the board.
    no offense but taxidermists have enough trouble keeping their own businesses afloat,and the ones capable would be too busy operating their own successful businesses.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

gab, I have to agree. What HAS to happen, however, is that a LEGAL contract be drawn up with "duties and responsibilities" explicitly written out with the understanding of annual evaluations and answerability directly to the president and the board. Having been involved deeply in the contracting of venues, I know that someone can't possibly do justice to the needs of a national organization on a part time basis. In order to ever become an maintain viability a NATIONAL organization must serve as a "clearing house" and information center for the membership. None of us operating a legitimated taxidermy business could have the time required to do that job right.

4. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

ThE Bylaws Require The NTA To Have An Executive Director.

5. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Understand that the board is in session again today. Much reorganization is at hand. They have much to discuss, sort thru and redirect. This is not an official word as that should be the boards place to make these announcements, and they will.....but I think Joe Kulis will be acting as an interim management person until things are corrected and revamped temporarily. I understand they are going over bylaws, and many things that have needed attention for years. This will take some time, but I feel confident that THIS board will be very public with all their actions. And YES, there needs to be someone to run day to day operations.

6. RJ Simington

RJ Simington Active Member

FANTASTIC NEWS !!!

Now hopefully we can ALL work together as Members, Board Members , & President to make a Strong association that we can all be proud of.

Thank You Guys, one & all.

RJ Simington
    PROUD NTA LIFE MEMBER

7. Crittercoroner

Crittercoroner DUDE, your uselessness is epic!

nj
    George, you wouldn't happen to have the one you worked on a few years back laying around. While maybe it would need a little more work, I'm thinking you and Mr. Lewis ( forgive me if i'm wrong) had a good start.

8. shammy

shammy New Member

AMEN, and I Thank-You all, Harry and Fred for starting the ball a rolling. And for all the ones that put in so much time and effort to save the NTA. John Janelli for pushing the agenda and the BOD for doing what the membership has asked. I am a Lifetime Member and am proud to be part of this Organization again. With that being said I hope all the wrong doing in yrs. past will be dealt with and those responsible will be held accountable according to the Law. It will be interesting to see if the finical reports pan out. Wish I could attend the Nationals this yr. But fiances and work wont allow it to happen. Welcome back all former members. Now we are on the right track. GOD BLESS the NTA

9. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

George and gab, I agree. While some think that an ED is not needed I feel it is a must for the NTA to grow to it's full potential. I DO think though that a person with business management, fund raising and advertizing skills and NOT necessarily a taxidermist could give us the full benefit of having an ED. I think that you will be surprised at how much an ED could make both for himself AND the membership if things are done properly with a LEGAL contract (no more than 3 years and NOT 10) and a more realistic commission rate of the convention and dues. I also think a printing or publishing company could manufacture the Outlook for a FRACTION of what we were paying and produce a better product!!!! As I said earlier, we need to give the new NTA a little time to work all of this out. It's good that we all give our input in a constructive manner too!! We all have no where to go but UP!!!!!

10. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

I am so glad to hear the food news. I too am happy that I can rejoin the NTA. Hope to be able to attend the show in Baton Rouge.

11. margip

margip Member

Is it too soon to be considering possibilities for the new ED? I think George would be a great selection.

12. See you all at the NTA convention.
    I am toast on this, LOL You can say I am burned out but thanks to the great e mails from all of you & JJ , the Board, Harry & Fred for hanging in so long. It was a small army of great taxidermists that did this. Now lets get membership back up to proud numbers.

I can't wait to meet my NTA friends John C, Elmer, Mike P, & Tim. Also all the rest of you that sent e mails & petitions.

Gregg Ielfield

13. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

again, why is bill still involved?

14. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

??????????? Bill showed up as a board member. I was told he conducted himself very professionally and voted accordingly to the members wishes. Guess it's just one of those things that makes a person wonder. :eek:

15. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

it sure does...opposite of how he conducted himself on here....looks like he goes with the side that's winning at the time...with his convictions at the time of all of his postings you would have thought he would have stood by the old guard till the end....what a loyal person he was to them....

16. quest

quest Member

Utah
    I didn't think this day was going to come and we had to hear about the Crains going to court first. Man what great news.
    Congratulations to all :)

17. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Mr. Bill showed up to the meeting. He was a board of director. You never start anew by reliving the past. I do not feel a new NTA board can survive even a week using old practices if kicking people out.

Let Mr. Bill serve till he's tired of arguing, the 2/3 majority spoke, lets see now about idiotic past presidents vote and otherwise.

They are working their tails off looking at mistakes of the past to correct the future..... will it be perfect? Hell NO! But we got traction :)

18. roostinridge

roostinridge Active Member

Michael, it was nice to meet you at the world show. I am with you , let me know how to join. Clair

19. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

I would like to know if it was unanimous vote to fire the crains?

20. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

You too!

Yes it was.... except for Mr. Bill.... he excused himself from the vote :(