1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Change of Management

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by NTAHQ, May 17, 2013.

1. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

They thought Harry, Fred, and Mike were cancers and surgically removed them. How'd that turn out?

2. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Surely both Michael and myself have a reputation of posting information as it comes for everyone to read. Currently the board is being extremely cautious and for good reason. Lawyers are involved and anything posted or said could be used. Lets not press, but wait patiently and all will come out in due time. Trust me, I was not willing to sit down on this as we have poured much work into this over the past several months, but in this board I have Faith. Faith that the NTA is on a new track, actions are being taken and the final results will be an NTA that we can all call our own and be proud of. Now, lets concentrate on that convention and a membership drive to prove that we as members support the NEW direction of the NTA, and the actions this board has taken.

3. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I remember my first election to a union position. The winner's gathered in the "war room" and one of the first question's out of one of the Newly Elected officer's was "How do we get rid of " certain individuals. The answer was You don't. They are member's just like you. You educate them, you elevate them and hopefully you turn their opinion to your side.

Like Cole has said, Harry, Fred and Mike were the cancers, Now the tide has turned and Bill is considered the cancer and you want to do him like the Crains did the others. It was wrong then and it's wrong now. Bill is entitled to his opinion. Disagreement can be healthy and keeps people on their toes.

Let your election's - fair elections sort it out. JMO

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

If there is anyone amongst us who should feel ill towards Mr. Bill, I suppose it would rightfully be me, as well as for the others mentioned. Fred, Harry and Michael, but politics can get ugly. We have all agreed to let the powers of the board handle this on their terms. As EA said, let the election process have a chance to work. I have no fear in future elections. They will be right and fair.

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Beautifully well said, Mike.

6. oldboar

oldboar Taxidermy...do the impossible:)

Enrollment will double inside of a year...and this years convention....as close as it is, will be the largest most profitable in the last 5-10 years.

Anyone wanting to bet me, I would love to put money on it:)

I will be there, haven't gone since 2001.

Jim

7. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

This post still has me rolling my eyes Bill. How do you think Texas, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio and many others became BIGGER than the NTA show in recent years? I will tell you, it was those 'volunteers' you speak of.

See, unlike yourself, we do not show up with our room already paid for expecting 2 people to do the job for us and squashing any suggestions for improvement.

Bill, when your President & Vice-President walked into Pennsylvania they were floored, they will be at Texas also. See, we are not 'keyboard cowboys' , we are Taxidermist who do not look down their noses at volunteers putting ourselves a rung above them, we are the volunteers.

Come to the show Bill, we will stroll the isles together. You may be a wee bit surprised and humbled :)

8. DT10Sam

DT10Sam No flow no go!

I understand everyone's opinion and acknowledge that time will display the direction the NTA is heading and I still feel confident the NTA will be heading in the right direction.

I'm still going to be a part of the NTA and look forward to seeing it become a great organization.

Best regards
    Sam

9. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I cant wait to see our pres, John Janelli, stand at the podium at our successful banquet, thanking everyone, with those bighearted tears in his eyes!

10. wings II

wings II New Member

Wow, I really did not believe that this day would ever come. In my heart of hearts I thought the NTA would die an unfortunate death.

I have my fingers crossed that the Organization and it's National Convention will be brought back to it's former greatness.

My sincere thanks to all those men and women that have worked so hard to fight for the NTA...I wish them luck in righting the ship, there is still a long road ahead.

I will once again proudly and dutifully send in my membership dues. It's truly a great day.

11. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

No one likes to take out the trash. Most will walk by it and hope someone else does the dirty work. After its cleaned up it's amazing how clean and fresh it is. To all those of you who took the time to clean up . . . Thank you. My membership dues will be sent as soon as i hear things are set up in Ohio. :)

12. michael p.

They are set up!!!!!

Here is the link with all the information. Man them ladies and gentleman are moving fast getting this reorganization off the ground!!! Thanks y'all!

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,341568.0.html

13. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

I'd like to make something clear about Mr. Bill. He didn't do anything before , but get his free room and support the ED and kiss babies that went by. The other board members did all the work and Archie, Bill and a couple others did nothing. I don't expect that will change. So there really is nothing to worry about him. Maybe now that the "Witch is Dead" he can really do some good for the members?

14. Bill Haynes

Bill Haynes New Member

Finazducks
    You don't know Jacksh$t.. Very seldom did the NTA pay for my room. I always had my wife with me, and did not feel right in the NTA paying for both of us. I could have shared a room with someone else.
    I PAID MY OWN WAY.
    Also, I have help set up the convention, comp room, and others more years than you have been a member. In fact, I don't ever recall seeing you until the next morning board meeting.
    So, why don't you bug out??

15. michael p.

As a sitting board member Mr. Bill will you be able to fairly represent me as a new member? Or if i do have a question, suggestion or even a complaint to bring to you, in your mind will you only look at me as a malcontent or disgraced former member?

16. gab

gab Active Member

one thing I would like to see is for the NTA to actually be cooperative with and embrace the taxi net and the UTA.they and the UTA can schedule show dates so they dont' conflict and they can both get maximum attendance,much like DSC,SCI FNAWS etc.the taxinet would be a great communication tool for them also.

17. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

The first Four Words from Bill H. basically tells me a lot on if he is still willing to work to promote the NTA. While I can't agree or dispute his claim for expenditures it really doesn't matter. What has happened is a move in the right direction and all is as they say, "Water under the Bridge". Lets all move forward as the new board will be the watch dog and we should stand With Them (NOT Behind Them).

18. Oooo. What a nasty little attitude. You might want to get that out of your system now because after the NTA bylaws are updated, you won't be able to speak to people like that and still retain your position on the board.

19. michael p.

I have not, not has anybody else seen one shred of this ' will continue to do what I can for the advancement of the NTA'..... all you have done is bump your gums and not say anything productive. It's time for Bill Haynes to walk the walk, not talk the talk...... put up or shut up Bill Haynes. You always accused us of wanting to kill the NTA, right now we are designing a drive to bring in 500 new members. The NTA has new breath and you are claiming a show cannot even go on without Greg & Cindy. Are you going to be an asset or liability Haynes? Your choice

Read your quote above and tell me one thing positive you have done for the NTA today except bump your gums about them awful 'volunteers'........ seems YOU are the one who does not want the NTA to succeed.

20. Bill Haynes

Bill Haynes New Member

For one, I almost singlehanded set up the TERF acct.
    I set up and maintained the NTA website.
    I thnk that is enough for now.