1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Simple observation

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Rick Carter, May 20, 2013.

1. Waterfowl Inc

Waterfowl Inc New Member

Ego, not really. More like I am hung like a gerbil and have the attitude to prove it. Forgot to mention i will be at the Idaho and Oregon comps also so for anyone who can't make Arizona. So it is kind of like hunters apologizing for being killers, yeah yeah yeah sunsets, good friends kids and dogs, but without the killing its just hiking. I am a killer. I also like to win, do I think I am the best No, but I sure am trying to be the best. one of the World Judges this year told me once that if I did not compete that i could never consider myself a world class artist I would always be self proclaimed. And yes I do want to be world class, no apology. The only way I will quit competing is to start giving out participation ribbons. And Mr Roof I am just a plumber so could you kindly explain what the heck your comments means. And though we do not know each other our family wishes well for for yours, we have been through both BUT FOR NOW ON GUARD SIR....

2. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

And I didnt address any of that specifically to you, and it was within the scope of what was being discussed. Your explanation sucks.

-Scott

3. Harum

Harum Active Member

Or, the formal statement of the meaning or significance of a word.

Why do you suppose there are multiple dictionaries?

No need to be rude Scott. I'm not attacking you... I also didn't feel like my post was out of the scope of this conversation.

4. Waterfowl Inc
    Words of advice, don't poke the bear>(George), Let sleeping dogs lay> (George) Don't bit of more than you can chew >(George)

5. Waterfowl Inc

Waterfowl Inc New Member

buck fever.
    Words of my advice, do not take this stuff so serious, And you will be happy to know that my next post will be of me and all my awards.

6. I sure hope your arm don't get stuck back there. That would be awful painful not to mention having to learn to mount one handed.

7. Waterfowl Inc

Waterfowl Inc New Member

So your not taking my advice.

8. 1fish2fish

Ok. Sorry you feel I'm being rude Pete. And I don't feel like I'm being "attacked." You addressed something to me, so I responded. I agree that writing about "achievement" is fine for this topic, I just fail to see why it has anything to do with what I wrote that would lead you to specifically address what you did to me.

What exactly is it that I wrote that you don't agree with, other than the definition of "definition." I never suggested "taking out the obstacles and discouragements" as you imply. I never said winning an award is meaningless or meaningful. Maybe if we nail down the point of contention, something positive can come out of it. Otherwise, I'm still stumped on why you'd make it seem like I think everyone should go home with a trophy.

-Scott

9. NO, but dont let it bother you none. I don't take my wifes either. ::) ;D

10. Harum

Harum Active Member

Scott,
    This is a public forum. I was not addressing you specifically. I used your post, that relied heavily on definitions, to lead into my point. To be honest with you I did not read your whole post. I saw the same thing that had already been said explained in a different way and decided not to finish. So really I was just adding to your definitions. I suppose I could have posted without your name but I think people may have been a bit confused as to why I threw a definition up there out of the blue. If I had more time to write on here maybe I would have found a better way of making my point and avoided your wrath but it is what it is. If this explanation also sucks... dang.

Waterfowl inc. I've enjoyed your post. Nothing like a good taxidermy throw down. Much more enjoyable than a forum throw down :)

11. Bob Mead

Bob Mead Mead Taxidermy Studio, LLC

Wow. I've seen some bloviating ribbon-chasers in my day, but Waterfowl Ick, you take the cake. You certainly do think you are awesome...heck, maybe you are. Make sure you keep telling everybody, though, just in case....

In my 20 some odd years of competing, I've seen guys like you come and go. Some find humility along the way...other just go away tripping on their lower lip. Your choice. BTW, nobody competes "against" you at a show, it's against the score sheet. Peace.

blo·vi·ate
    /ˈblōvēˌāt/
    Verb
    Talk at length, esp. in an inflated or empty way.

12. Atta boy

13. rd@nt

[email protected] New Member

Waterfowl Inc. I am a lot like you and so are a lot of others but you have the guts to say something about how we all truly feel when we get to a point in our lives. But I have said my piece about me. You will succeed with determation . Like skywalker said go get them. Randy D.

14. rd@nt

[email protected] New Member

Waterfowl Inc. Here is some advice. You will be a contender but just be always ready for politics in the future that will be your biggest enemy. So never give a judge a hard time and when you judge some day don't do it to a competor because someday that competor might judge your piece. Randy D.

15. 1fish2fish

I see Pete. The air is clear, it's a misunderstanding. You wrote, Scott here is a definition for YOU......., but meant, something along the lines of, Scott here is another definition for folks to consider. I'm sorry it took the turn it did. All I can see is what is typed, and your comment was directed specifically at me, and I took it as such. Anyway, I agree with what you wrote below. There's no misunderstanding that bird. Queue, "simply the best, better than all the rest".

-Scott

16. Waterfowl Inc

Waterfowl Inc New Member

Thanks for the input, I have had my share of screwing by judges before, but for the most part they get it right. I had Tim Grounds tell me that of all the competitors I sounded like a goose, 1st place round 1. Then got kicked out in round 2 because I did not have a routine, I was not pissed because I failed to respect the competition and it's criteria. My chessie pins a retired triple with a blind up the middle in a Field trial, got a standing O from the gallery, and did not get called back And he was a chessie man. I was pissed at that one. But the chance to compete against talent like Dale M, Shane S Jerry F and up and comers like Tyler H or Brandon Z. gets my blood boiling. Don;t hate me because i want to beat all of them like a illegal bitching about America, That is my point, I respect competition and what it takes, the great ones and those of use who try. And for those out there that think I am a dick now, wait till I win the WORLD.....

17. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I actually feel a bit sorry for you. You've made your life a race and in your sprint, you're ignoring the beauty of living . You're nothing more than a junkie whose personal successes take priority over the people around you. You're like these guys having to climb a taller mountain, skydiving, or being skateboard icons at 40. If you don't die first, you'll find that age is a cruel ghost who always wins. And when it does, all those trinkets and googaws are little comfort in the face of those who were following you. They'll ridicule you and tell others you're a "has been" who couldn't carry their jock straps in their world.

I don't l expect you to see yourself as you really are or take my advice, but when that cold day dawns, you'll have won so very little to what you lost frittering your life away chasing rainbows.

18. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

I don't see it that way at all. 1st of all owning a Chessie makes him good in my book. "For the most part they get it right" is absolutely correct. He has a thick enough skin to do this competition thing and is not dwelling on those judges that get it wrong[which will always remain an opinion btw]. No matter how he does at a show we can all look forward to seeing his work at the next one. Let me be the 1st and loudest to wish him best of luck on his quest for a world title! It will be worth it. Trust me.

19. Waterfowl Inc

Waterfowl Inc New Member

Mr Roof
    since you have this Crystal ball that allows you to know me from a few nickel dick post, could you tell me how I may fair at the competition next week? What you call collecting gagabergers and chasing rainbows I call life. So here is the deal at 47 I am almost ready to retire. booth my kids are taken care of for life. My beautiful daughter and our wonderful granddaughter will be showing up soon for there weekend stay My son an x Marine and his wife are doing fine, I have been married to the same woman for more than 23 years and when ii am hunting around the world I still can't wait to come home and see her, that's when she is not with me (she is better than I deserve) They are having a Field trial at my farm in Idaho today, 31/2 MILES of Snake River Frontage. So very re specfully while you are sitting there passing jugments on me , By the way don't you disregard judges? Maybe its my jockstrap I should send you to carry I have worked very hard for my life and it has not been easy. So if wanting to be the best makes me a dick, throw me a rubber because i am pumped up and ready to rock.

20. Waterfowl Inc

Waterfowl Inc New Member

Skywalker you seem like my kind of guy. Thank you...