1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Simple observation

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Rick Carter, May 20, 2013.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I got here late, wasnt online late yesterday, but I read what I missed. I KNEW some of you would jump right down waterfowls throat. Why? Intimidation, ego, ignorance, insecurity, for starters. Dont worry, Im not calling anyone names here, as we all possess those traits, no need to defend ourselves. Personally, I like his swagger, is drive and his confidence in his ability and aim. Id say those are tools best used quietly, and not said out loud so much, though. Why? Because of those traits I mentioned earlier...judges are human, and possess those traits too. Ah yes! The human element. Funny how it comes full circle.

Waterfowl, good luck to you. Our style are a bit different, but I know for sure that a competitor has to have that attitude inside to succeed. people preach humbleness...but thats for on the outside...wink.

2. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Waterfowl.....

See ya next week in Arizona. Do you play Texas Hold 'Em?

:)

Kerby...

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I have no idea how you'll do, and with not a single tinge of animosity, I really don't care. I can o my judge a person's character by the picture he paints in words here. Your picture hasn't changed. Now even your family sounds as it they, too,are trophies. You sound as if your life has been an adventure in "collecting" while mine has been one of experiencing. I'm comfortable in my skin and, in reality, I only have myself to satisfy. I'm sure you're the same. I'm sure you'll let me know when you achieve what you're forecasting.

4. catman

catman Active Member

Just when I had given up on this thread, along comes another colorful character. Ken if you continue to egg him on, we could have some real fun with this. Carter, I bet you used to throw rocks at hornet's nest when you were a child, didn't you.

5. George

Phil, you mean you DIDN'T?????

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Personally, I LIKE your style but I will have to correct you on one thing, your son is not an 'x Marine'. Once a Marine always a Marine. Trust me, I have Jar Heads in my family too! :)

Good luck to you!

7. Bill Yox

George, we as kids were BOLD enough to throw apples at those wasp nests in the orchards. We just were also SMART enough to run afterward, whatever that might mean, lol.

8. Well Hello, I can out drive kyle Bush, out swim Michael phelps, out jump Michael Jordan, mount a deer better than yox, Play on words better than George. Now either I am a damn liar ,crazy, or just like bragging. Even if it was true, either way no one cares to listen to it.
    Swagger and style, yea boy!

9. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

I agree a person needs to be driven to achieve his/her very best, and it helps to have passion; I don't think one needs to sport a superior attitude and a focus on beating others. I don't think someone needs swagger. Just how I see it: A person can be genuinely humble and successful.

I do think Waterfowl should get in on Kerby's Texas Hold'em party.

Best, Scott

10. Waterfowl Inc

Waterfowl Inc New Member

Mike P
    My wife had corrected me on the x Marine thing also, you are right no disrespect intended, but what do you expect from X Air Force. Hey, have I become a blogger? Dam, now I have to figure out how to be the best blogger.I am in the card game but it has to be Go Fish.. Got to get back to finishing my birds for AZ. By The way dose anyone else have a hard time working with there cape on?

11. George

Braggers simply set themselves up for ridicule when they fail. Humility allows for compassion. The guys egging you on now are confident they're going to kick your ass. Blowing your own horn occasionally lets others know your batter isn't dead. Blowing it all the time only keeps the car from starting when you need it.

12. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Shot them with BB guns, shotguns, arrows, slingshots and poison spray. I already killed 164 carpenter bees with a homemade fly swat this spring! lol A wasp stung Nickie on the hand a week ago so now I am declaring war on them.

13. CJN

CJN Member

I wonder who is really egging who on?

14. George

Gasoline in a garden sprayer Rick. One miniscule droplet hits a wasp like a Taser. You can spray a nest and a hundred of them will die without leaving the nest. Then take your garden hose to safe the nest site. NOBODY hates wasps worse than I. As a kid, a buddy pushed me into some shrubbery . I had 8 of them sting me on and around my left ear. I was lucky not to die as there was no treatment back then. It made me a wasps worst enemy however.

15. Waterfowl Inc

Waterfowl Inc New Member

George
    I think I know you well enough now to call you George. I assume you are referring to me being a bragger? if not I apologize. It is obvious to me that you are not a competitor. Because all competitors fail, we just do not quit we find a way to do better next time. Please quote where I have bragged about anything? Oh except being hung like a gerbil. For this discussion I thought it appropriate to mention my Taxi comp records by the way 3 reds believe me I was not bragging about losing. I have simply stated that I like to win, Try to win and every time I show up I expect to win. Or am I still brovaterating or whatever that dude said? I have plenty of eggs in my pocket still to. Wait a minute I see what you all are trying to do. You guys are trying to distract me from finishing my birds so I don't win. SONSABICHES,,,,,,

16. Bill Yox

Rick, up here Im a brand new southerner declaring war on...scorpions! Them damn things sting worse than bees!

17. Wow this thread is really going on all cylinders and in every conceivable direction. Interesting reading for sure.

18. On that day I was the best,
    my heads where the best in the show. And I have bragged about that since
    my farm in Idaho today, 31/2 MILES of Snake River Frontage

19. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Waterinc, I for one didn't take your confidence for bragging. I see a person who is driven to succeed and therefor be known for accomplishments. That's by far the best strategy in this industry. I am sometimes amused by the postings of my fellow taxidermists as I know a lot of you personally. George is also Airforce and easily one of the greatest people I have ever spent time with. Bill, Rick and Phil are at the top in this industry and theres always room for one more. I wish you all the luck in the world.

20. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

From your first post: