1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Simple observation

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Rick Carter, May 20, 2013.

1. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

I hate those things! I got stung one time 30 years ago and had flu like symptoms for days.

2. smalliestalker

smalliestalker and a river runs through it.

NO MATTER how good or how average (or poor) the work is, every show has winners. Right?

NO MATTER how good or how average (or poor), when this Company or That is at a show to award one of those fancy awards, the show will have a winner. Right?

No Thanks. Sorry, Not impressed, nor swayed positively, one bit.

And I have seen more than one "Multi-Award Winner" here whose work I would be ashamed of, even at my stage of development.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Hmmm. And a Green Bay Packer fan to boot? LOL

If you live long enough you'll run into someone who'll tell you that your work isn't nearly as good as you think either. That's life. Shows maintain solvency by feeding the golden goose, not serving it for dinner. In the big scheme of things, holding a "championship" award means nothing to anyone other than the guy holding it.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it still feels good!

5. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

;D

X2

6. catman

catman Active Member

I would like to get back on topic here. Well, just two nights ago me and the neighbor kid hatched a plan to decimate the yellow jackets that were living in around our row of mailboxes. We got some bee spray and headed down there where we commenced to killing several thousand ornery wasps. This is what we were talking about, right. Oh, I did not here how the awards banquet ended for waterinc. I figured if he wore out the carpet between his table and the stage we would have heard about it by now. Update please.

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Phil, if there's a next time, save yourself some money. Pour regular gasoline into a garden sprayer. A miniscule drop will kill a wasp dead in midair. And if you really want to feel retribution, tape a butane grill lighter at the nozzle so the flame is about 4 inches in front of the nozzle tip. Light it and tape the trigger back. Then go around and nuke their asses. What the flame thrower does to wasps and hornets is unbelievable. I HATE WASPS AND HORNETS.

8. Bob Mead

Bob Mead Mead Taxidermy Studio, LLC

Jeez, George....I thought for a second there you were back in 'Nam... ;D

9. smalliestalker

smalliestalker and a river runs through it.

WTF :eek:

Actually, the topic was "Titles, competitions and winnings are fine as long as you know not to really believe they are all encompassing. If you really do believe the title is true, at least don't act like you believe it."

10. catman

catman Active Member

The only title I was thinking about was "A simple observation". I have observed how the baldfaced hornet can chase you down and sting your eyes shut unless you hold your breath while running. The trick is to take a big breath before you run and get crackin' until you are out of the strike zone. Most hornets will lose interest if they are not picking up the carbon dioxide from your breath, wasps I'm not so sure about. This is just a simple observation and should only be taken as the opinion of a guy that has been in the emergency room on more than one occasion due to bee stings. I have been in a swarm that "I believe was all encompassing".