1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Muledeer Form Recomendation

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Slate Run, May 21, 2013.

1. Slate Run

Slate Run Member

Have a mule deer to mount up and was wondering if anyone had a preference to which muledeer form or forms they like the best. I am looking at the Bill Lancaster forms from Trufitt and the Aaron Conelly forms from HQ. Has anyone tried any of these forms and if so could you please share what you thought of them? Have mounted some on McKenzie forms but wasn't real pleased with the faces as they seemed to narrow. The buck I have is a 71/2x21x23 so I'd like a descent full faced form. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    I have been very pleased with Lancaster MD forms. Very good fit and look.

3. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

Agreed. I like the look of Lancaster's muley. The mdss series from Mckenzie isn't too bad. I haven't tried a muley from Conelly, but he sure sculpts a smokin' elk ;)

4. J Kelly

J Kelly Member

Just go with the Aaron Connely form, it blows the other ones away! I've mounted on all of them and the Connely form is far superior...... it just looks more like a mule deer than the other ones.

5. Safari12

Safari12 Member

I really like the Connelly forms as well. They fit good and look great!

6. Matt

Matt Active Member

I love Bill's to, and have heard great things about Aaron's. I will try his on the next one.

7. Slate Run

Slate Run Member

Thanks everyone. Both forms look really good to me and was just looking for input from those of you that has used them. Will definately use one of those forms just have to decide which one now. Thanks again for everyones input

8. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

As much as I like Lancaster's, The Connally form mounts up better and has a great look.

9. quest

quest Member

Utah
    What size is the neck? If its 19 Aaron Connely form. I had a problem with his bigger form being the form had a pre-rut swell. The shape of the eyes were different in his bigger forms too. If its a Sept cape Id go with McKenzie than Id try Steve Tate forms than Lancaster MD forms.

10. Slate Run

Slate Run Member

Who carries the Steve Tait forms that were mentioned

11. cattrax

cattrax Beats being in the shop!

Jetz- Kerrville, Texas

12. Might I ask........which Lancaster forms is everyone talking about. Research or Trufitt???

13. Slate Run

Slate Run Member

Thanks Cattrax. Masterdunbar I am talking about Trufitts. Is there a difference between the Lancaster forms from Research and Trufitt?

14. X2 on Jetz forms.