1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

specially for Babak:)

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by RusTax, May 22, 2013.

1. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    Babak, my friend, here is a small selection of photos that I hope makes it easier to carve body of birds.Maybe someone will be interested in it too.
    1.First do outline on a suitable piece of foam and cut it on a path. It would be good to note right away the muscles and joints.
    [​IMG]
    2.To both halves are symmetrical in excision better draw line along the centerline of the body.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    3.Next, to create one wide right back, need to take a measurement to a natural body of the bird.
    [​IMG]
    4.Then transfer that size to the foam
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    5.after all marking is completed, start to carve all ...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    6.marking the front of the body
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    7.Further work with the knife, :) and then sand paper. For ease of demonstration of the process at first I carve one half of the body.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    In the process you need to follow the center line is not erased, it helps to carve body symmetrically.

4. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    and yet constantly need to check with the natural bird's body so as not to get away from the actual sizes.

5. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    8.Next, simpler, process the second half of the body to the desired state,аgain, use a knife and sand paper
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    9.Then Fasten neck and begin to make a bird. All this may look complicated, but in fact it turns out pretty quickly if you have the skill and the habit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Beautiful! Very informative. Thank you.

8. Lateral Line

Lateral Line The Sea Refuses No River...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! What a great tutorial and just in time, I'm doing a pigeon this week and needed some body carving tips. Any chance of getting a head carving post??

9. tom k

tom k New Member

Can we have this added to the tutorial section.
    Thanks Tom K

10. Thank you for this. I think it will come in very handy.

11. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Sammy,
    that is a great turtorial and a fantastic handout for everyone who wants to carve a body by himself and to get the right proportions for his mount including me.
    Thank you very much, from Germany, Rainer.

PS : do you have also a special method to do heads or skulls ?

12. babak

babak Active Member

wow!! i was out of computer for few days of illness ,i had bad flue but i am getting better day by day!! and it's a real gift for me ,thank you evgeniy,you're really talented and kind!i can't see all of photos ,but i am trying to see them with using some anti-filtering software!!

13. babak

babak Active Member

Well evgeniy, I saw your entire great tutorial at least!!Thank you so much my friend. Although I do the same way but there is some great tips in your post!! Now time to ask questions!!!! It gives me an idea to use a detailed manikin to use it as my model in plentiful species like chukers, but I don't have a model like yours,so I have to use real carcass as my reference, but you know muscles are relax when a bird is dead, so I put the body into the freezer before using!!I always put the legs in the point I feel it's correct and then I push body to have a slight curve in the back bone and then I put it into the freezer…..what 's your recommendation?

Thank you so much
    babak

14. babak

babak Active Member

hi RusTax

your post was not only very useful for me,but also very educative and motivative for my iranian friends and interested hunters and taxidermists!!this is the link that i uploaded your photos and your name there.

http://shekarban.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=98&start=490

as you may don't know,although i am a student in this forum ,i teach whatever i learned to iranian youth intrested taxidermists in farsi forums!

15. Beautiful body and a great tutorial! Your method is much more systematic than what I've been doing, I'll have to try it your way on my next one. Thanks!

16. That is a great tutorial, even over here with a pretty easy access to many different bird forms I end up having to carve my own for species I hunt with no commercial form. Very useful info!

Eric

17. Megan :)

Megan :) Well-Known Member

Wonderful tutorial! Thank you! I struggle with birds still, this will help so much. Thanks again!