1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Stinker Johnson at it again. Or is he?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, May 22, 2013.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

A little bird dropped off an email our infamous paragon of legal knowledge and NTA Board Member has sent out. As if his infamous "subpoena" at the WTC wasn't ridiculous enough, get a load of this crap.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
    Sent: 5/18/2013 3:21:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
    Subj: A few thoughts

Officers and Board Members,NTA

I have come to the conclusion that it is apparent that the bulk of this assembly are not completely familiar with the tenants and specifications of the various rules of order that we as officers and board members are required by law to adhere to. The 501(c)(6) organizational requirements for such an association as ours, among it's other guidelines, is the absolute necessity to create a set of by-laws and rules of order that we are then mandated to abide by in conducting this association's business. Lately our attempts, as a Board of Directors, to maintain any sense of decorum and proper procedure in conducting this association's business has been fairly abysmal.

And so I ask with all sincerity; what parts of our by-laws,code of conduct,statement of commitment, conduct responsibilities, or oaths of office do we get to choose whether or not we want to follow? Do we get together to ascertain which parts we vote to delete or change? Or do all of us even get to vote, and instead,maybe just make changes by executive fiat?

If any of you think that I am writing this in order to illicit some kind of response; don't bother, I'm not. At this point in time what good would any conversation do unless you actually take the time to read and understand all of the rules and procedures that you are required to. Although, all of you did take an oath to do just that; remember?

I guess all that I'm asking is for you to sit back and reflect. Do you fully realize what you have accomplished? I know most of you truly believe you are doing what you think is right, and I do fully appreciate the fact that those of you that are suppliers were threatened by some of the "talking heads" on taxidermy.net with being "black listed" unless you shared their views. However, have you considered the concerns of our members that have remained members for many years? The majority of working taxidermists that don't have the time or inclination to spend hours hiding behind a computer screen, and not just those individuals that claim they haven't been members for 6 - 7 years or more while espousing righteous indignation and claiming they haven't renewed their memberships because of what someone said or did last year or maybe the year before. Could it be that maybe a major contributing factor to membership being down just might possibly be the economy? Just like what has happened to most state associations over the past few years.

Of further thought.When you find out that all the rhetoric,misunderstandings, and outright falsehoods you've been hearing and bought into, end up being just that.When you try to figure out just who among us is actually capable of "picking up the ball and running with it" less than two months out from a convention. Now....do we get to go after another target? Of course we should wait a couple of years at least to make sure that individual gets really effective at their job first.And then after destroying more people's good names and reputations we could simply fix everything with a rousing chorus line of oooops!.....sorry 'bout that.

I have been a member of this association for almost more years then I can remember, and have always aspired that someday I might be as good as some of those that have preceded me, while all along truly treasuring the camaraderie, associations, and friendships I've made over those years. As I sit here now, I find myself feeling maybe a little betrayed, certainly embarrassed and for damn sure ashamed. Unfortunately I'm also entering a realm of "pissed off" that I haven't experienced in a long, long time. So before I lower myself to the level of foul language and demagoguery that quite a few of you find so appealing on taxidermy.net, I'll just sign off for now.

One final thought, there appears to be quite a few of you that believe that this association, although having a few growing pains along the way, still standing strong after 40 years, now needs changing? You want to champion the desires of those who really don't like this association and never did.Now these same individuals really feel a need to join now? I believe you'll find that once thev've gotten whatever short term benefits they can from this association then it's POOF! Gone again.For those of you that take offense at reading this I apologize, I did not intend to directly offend.....but if the shoe fits?

Walter "Tinker" Johnson
    NTA Board Member

And here's MORE:

To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
    Sent: 5/22/2013 4:40:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
    Subj: Letter of Protest

To all officers and board members of the NTA

This is a formal protest to the actions taken in this most recent board meeting and attempted actions proposed.

Among the many violations to standard procedural etiquette in the conduct of this meeting there are multiple violations of our by-laws and Robert's Rules of Order which our Articles of Incorporation mandate that we follow.

The very latest being the attempt to suspend elections. You absolutely can not do this in accordance with any of the provisions of our by-laws or governing prerequisites.

Walter "Tinker" Johnson Steve Wolk Marylou Crabtree Dave Hale Bill Haynes Archie Phillips
    Board Member Immed. Past Pres. Board Member Board Member Board Member Board Member

First off, he's not intelligent enough to compose a letter like that without some serious help. It sure sounds a lot like a Greg Crain copy and paste signed by a numbskull.

Secondly, here's a guy espousing following guidelines after he adamantly insisted that since the NTA was a private organization, it didn't have to comply with state and federal laws.

And third, this moron doesn't have a single clue as to how he's been pulling the tillar on a sinking ship for the last few years. The NTA didn't have "growing pains" it was writhing in death quivers under the watch of people who were either stealing it blind or complicit in it happening (perhaps you should read Mike Orapallo's letter where it talks of "fiduciary responsibility") That tired ass excuse of the membership declining because of the economy was used before when justification for that idiotic "affiliation" went on. You probably weren't around the association when that clusterflock was, but I sure was and it damned sure was NOT the economy.

The best thing that could happen to you personally is the postponement of the election this year. That means your sorry ass can hold office one more year instead of being thrown out by a membership who's seen your competence at work. You might want to get a head start and just resign now and save the organization some money.

2. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

bath salts, it can only be bath salts or crack he is on.....

3. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I agree George.

I thought this was particularly prophetic...

"I guess all that I'm asking is for you to sit back and reflect. Do you fully realize what you have accomplished?"

Makes a person wonder if THEY ever did...

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Hey Stinker....I guess you didn't get the memo.

Under a reconstruction phase all that crap you talked about is moot. Sorry you feel so ashamed, but you really should feel that way. The new direction of the NTA is in good hands now. Saved from the likes of you and your cohorts. Won't you feel stupid when this years convention explodes with new members because you and "the boys" have been sidelined. It's over for you Stinker. Except reality and go crawl in a corner. Your influence doesn't exist any more. Sorry to have to be the one to inform you. If case you aren't familiar with me, I'm the first new member of the New NTA. You know, the one you tried to prevent from joining. ;)

5. tim martin

tim martin New Member

George,
    I believe you are correct, Tinker doesn't know how to use computer and he will be the first to tell you that. I guess Crain doesn't have the balls to say it is him hijacking Tinkers email. As a 501.C.6 organization, you are required to follow all State and Federal Laws! it is foolish to think otherwise!

Tim

6. ELMER GANTRY

ELMER GANTRY **THE DISTANCE OF GOOSE**

LOL...........the only thing I could think of while reading that slop was that joke about "Oink Johnson"... ;D ;D ;D I think Stinker was the one driving the truck. :eek:

You're just another goof ball that can dish it out but can't take it, get OVER it Harry, Fred, Michael P and Tim did........ ;) ;D ;D ;D

All I can tell you Tinker BOY is sit back and watch the show ;), if you wanted to participate, you would have shown up for the meeting. ;D ;D ;D

Your Friend

EG

7. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Old dogs hate new tricks.

Not to take anything away from Steve Wolk ( I don't know the man) or highjack the post, but why the Immediate Past President? If the members voted to replace the President with another, what is he still doing acting as an officer? I would think if that person was still wanted, they would still be President. Just curious.

8. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

EA, past presidents often sit on the board after their term expires to help guide the new president in duties, procedure, etc. Depending on how it is set up, they often do so without voting privileges.

No Mr. Johnson, it doesn't need changing. It needs to be taken back to where it used to be.

9. antlerman

Walter "Tinker" Johnson, Steve Wolk, Mary Lou Crabtree, Dave Hale, Archie Phillips, Bill Haynes...........

Yep. Thats the same list I've got of names who are being charged for breach of duties as board members. Don't think you've got enough votes to save each other. Good Bye.

10. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Mr. Tinker 'Let me tell you, I am a Hillbilly' Johnson DID NOT write that crap!!!! LMAO!! Tinker, i'm gonna call you tomorrwow and you better have a computer handy because i'm gonna ask you to spell half the crap you did not write!!!!

Greg & Cindy, YOU ARE FIRED!!!!! SUE SO THE DEFENSE GETS ALL THE BOOKS FROM THE ATTORNEY!!

Now Cindy, why don't you come on here and tell what you TOLD THE BOARD. Tell them how you carried the papers that John Janelli was 'served', handed then to Board Member Dave Hale, Dave Hale then had a friend deliver them, breaching security of Larry & Kathy Blomquist's Taxidermy World Show in an effort to deliver the sickness of a few in the NTA to the WORLD SHOW, IT DID NOT WORK Dave 'Hale' Marey, in fact, it got your ED & his wife FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are not done, come at us with sticks, we come at you with bats (right tinkie ;) )

This association is back in the taxidermist's hands.....try to take it back you 6 self centered idiots. Join us or move on. that is OUR option. See you in July, if you show up to speak to US the way you speak to your fellow board members please.

Dave & Tinker........can't wait. ;)

11. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Funny, I sent this email to the board an hour before my wife brought this post to my attention......

Time to move forward‏

mike schlabach

10:34 PM

To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], Bill Haynes, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

As the recent events settle in it is time to look forward and not backwards. The members of the NTA and a few banned for false reasons spoke and fortunately the board of directors listened.

Following the actions taken, the Taxidermy.net lit up with excitement for the National Taxidermist Association. It was once said by a board member that 'Nothing constructive and positive about the NTA is allowed' on this site. It was also stated by this man that it was a 'group on malcontents destined on destroying the NTA'.....but guess what. After hearing that the NTA is headed in a positive, open to all views and direction, the accolades and attaboys directed at NTA board of directors has been outstanding. Quite surprising coming from a sight where as I stated the board member once stated 'Nothing constructive and positive about the NTA is allowed' On this site membership drives are starting on to build stability by increasing numbers. Quite surprising this same board member stated that it was a 'group of malcontents destined on destroying the NTA'. Why are these people who were said to be so hell bent on destroying building it back up. I remember the citizens of Japan were told the same thing about the soldiers looking to knock the emperor of their country out of power. Look at Japan now.

Our fight was not against an association, it was against a tyranny the entire industry felt. While state associations grew roughly 20% a year, the NTA fell. Actual membership numbers were only boosted up by previously bought life memberships of people who had passed on, left or simply became distrustful.

We as Taxidermist's heard it. We heard it from the suppliers, judges, competitors and simple owners of tiny shops across America. You know those people, THEY ARE YOUR MEMBERSHIP.

Well, it's time to move forward, not backward. By the time of the convention the NTA membership should have a minimum 30% boost, larger than any state organization out there. That is and should be a yearly goal of any National Association every year.

As we move forward, amends need to be made. Dave Hale, I do not know how you are going to do it, but as an NTA board member you need to contact Larry & Kathy Blomqist and offer an apology for your actions at their show. You also owe an appoligy to an entire industry and huge room of suppliers who support and make their living from NTA members. You brought an NTA directed ambush into the largest taxidermy show this earth has to offer. You had a person breach security to do your deed when you yourself could have simply walked up to Mr. Janelli, and in front of Russel Knight, John Creager and 14 other witnesses declare 'you have been served'. Why did you not do this deed yourself? I would have should I felt so strongly. Do you not remember Lubbock, Texas when I helped respected Taxidermist and World Show judge Danny Owens deliver supplies and the NTA threw a fit? I saw a wrong and deemed it completely appropriate to make a public apology posted on a national website not only to the NTA, but also the entire industry. I saw the wrongs in what I thought at the time was a harmless act and others did not, including you. Heck, everybody knew me. Who knew the friend you had serve those papers and breach security? Is there a name? Who was it? You knew me. I meant my appoligy to the industry, can you as a sitting National Taxidermists Association board member give one? After all, all the World Championship winners glorious accomplishments were shadowed by an NTA director acting out of spite at a privately owned show.

Tinker Johnson, your title and name is attached on the front page of the papers Cindy brought to Illinois. You were in this knee deep in mud. Everybody knows, will you take responsibility or cast off blame as the others have done on you privately? You exclaimed to me several times in our conversation 'I am a hillbilly and let me tell you this!'......well Tinker I am but a simple Texas country boy and can relate. A code amongst country people is to admit your wrongs and move on.

Mr. Archie Phillips, you are a LEGEND in this industry!! I still remember being a little boy sitting on the couch with my father (a full-time taxidermist for 32 years) when your new video tapes featuring Bubba's fish skinning techniques or your real estate DVD's came in the mail. His name was Dan Schlabach, owner of Dan's Taxidermy. If you ever look back in your own files you will see I am telling the truth The only reason my family finally bought a player was dad wanted to watch you and your skills. Dad is now 83 years old and said 'I hope the NTA gets straight, I dropped them years ago because the politics made me feel unwelcome'. This is a man who in the late 70's and early 80's would drive his family to Denver, Colorado, Biloxi, Mississippi, Kansas, North Carolina......wherever the heck the NTA was for his vacation. He told me last night 'Mr. Archie is a businessman, he see's the numbers rise Mr. Archie will see it's best for the industry!'.........Mr. Archie, I hope my dad is right, look at the rise in membership and convention numbers and make your decision on what is good for an organization that has your legacy in this industry attached to it.

Many board members made the trip for what they knew was likely the most important NTA board meeting in it's history. Many did not. Those that did not, why didn't you? You are a board member, it is your responsibility.

I look forward to the 2013 NTA convention and I hope that all board members do also. I can tell you that as old and brand new members we are coming full force!! We are booking rooms, getting carpools set up and plan on making this the largest convention in recent history. We don't want you all to hear us talk about it, we want you to come and see.

In the past the NTA has also downplayed the Taxidermy.net. Will you please open your mind and thoughts to your constituents. The Taxidermy.net has currently 38,289 members. Let's be very conservative and say only 16,000 pay attention. Let's also say 1/3 do not care, 1/3 care but do not post and 1/3 post and care. Either was you slice it down in those 3 groups, over 5 times the number of what was the current NTA membership pay attention. If you wanna break it down in real terms though. 16,000 people are truly looking at what each individual will do as an NTA board of director.

Now you may not care what the masses of your fellow taxidermist's think, and that's fine, leave. But if you do care, LISTEN TO THEM AND GROW THE NTA!!

If any of you have not looked, take a peak and open your eyes. Here is the post announcing the NTA under new management......now pay close attention to what I am going to say after the link......

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,341439.0.html

There have been 9,453 (yes, over 9,000 views!) and only one person has had negative comments about the direction of the NTA after the board of directors actions. Over 9,000 views, all positive comments about the National Taxidermist Association, and only one person spoke in a negative way about the NTA's direction.......it was one of it's directors...... it was the same man who once stated 'Nothing constructive and positive about the NTA is allowed'........Mr. Bill Haynes, please stand up, that man was you.

There is plenty of positive to be said about the NTA if the board will allow the members to have a voice and grow it.

Sincerely,
    Michael P. Schlabach

12. Mntdux

Mntdux New Member

Why would Mr. Johnson email himself from his same email address? Is that possible?

13. antlerman

From Tinker to Tinker. LOL Thats pretty good.

14. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

Greg has written letters etc for others in the past. Isn't that right Bill?

15. huntin_justin

huntin_justin Active Member

That whole blaming the economy thing is pretty lame becasue there are alot of state shows that are doing quite well despite the economy plus look at the turnout at the world show. To add to that, why would Tinker care about those members that have not renewed their dues. If he was consistant he would have to ban all those older members for nonpayment of dues.

16. I email myself all the time, so I have a copy and to make sure it goes through.

17. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

When I read Tinkers letter posting ,the first thing that came to mind was, "this guy don't have a high enough IQ to write this.
    He is a puppet ,I hope he don't get all tangled up in the strings like Gulliver.

18. ELMER GANTRY

ELMER GANTRY **THE DISTANCE OF GOOSE**

Not to worry Richard, Gulliver was penned by Jonathan Swift, I don't think Tinker's too "swift" ;D ;D ;D

I think he would more likely be twisted up in the "strings" like Howdy Doody............ :eek: :eek: :eek:

19. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

I hope he hired a good lawyer,he's going to need one.

20. Bill Haynes

Bill Haynes New Member

Finaz
    Again, you don't know crap. NO ONE writes for me. I do my on stuff, and stand behind it.